Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1395464)   #1
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Touring cars List of contacts help!

Nissan Primera = Richard Hawkins Photo ,Website

Nissan Primera = Derek Hale Photo ,

Nissan Primera = Peter Challis Photo ,

Ford Mondeo = Alvin Powell (ex Andy Rouse) Photo ,

Audi A4 Quattro = Steve Hurst Photo ,

Vauxhall Vectra = Kamm Edy

Vauxhall Vectra = Jo Lima Photo,

Vauxhall Vectra = Luethi Hansjuerg Photo,,

Honda Accord = Piron Pierre

Honda Accord = Hirschi Pierre

Honda Accord = Kulunzic Andrej Photo,

Ford Mondeo = Nicolas Gerard

Ford Mondeo = Koelliker Marcus

Missing many cars!
If anyone has anymore info that I could add please pm me, websites, links leads Contacts mainly etc cheers
With a thanks to BertMK2 helping comple this info and Redshoes for the fantastic photos

Never know if we could complile enough cars maybe something could be organised
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1395486)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I started compiling a register of Supertourers about a year ago. Sent out lots of emails to current and previous owners asking for information but have been struggling to get many replies and had largely given up. I'm still convinced it's worth doing before they all disappear. The website is partly finished so if there's enough interest I'll tidy it up and post the link.

If anyone has any information on any ST cars post it here.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1395488)   #3
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be brill red.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1395492)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcrew

Never know if we could complile enough cars maybe something could be organised
Garry Woodcock of the Formula Saloons club tried very hard but very few of the drivers wanted to bring their cars out to play as they are so expensive to keep running. He had to say 'enough is enough' and give up in the end.

Good luck, would like to see them in action, far better than the BTCC cars of today.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1395495)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There was a Laguna at the Autosport show, I think the name in the window was West but I'm not 100% - ring any bells?

Also a Mondeo rolling shell for sale in this months Track & Race Car magazine.....
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1395497)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ken McRae in Canada has the ex-Russell Spence silver Arena Laguna.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1395574)   #7
Matt_S
Racer

England
Matt_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Ken McRae in Canada has the ex-Russell Spence silver Arena Laguna.
Was that the one that was silver and then faded into black? Think Will Hoy drove it a few times as well. Simple as it was, that was a gorgeous colour scheme.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1395581)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That's the one, Ken still runs it in same colour scheme in North American club events.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1395660)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The Laguna is a a good example of why I wanted to trace them all. It's less that 10 years since they were built and already they are nearly all gone.

The ex-Menu 97 championship winning car belongs to Rob West and has been completely re-built. He's been trying to sell it for a few years now.
Ken McRae's is the ex-Russell Spence/Will Hoy Arena Motorsport car, originally built by Williams in 1998.
The only other complete Laguna belongs to Frank Williams.
That's it, only 3 working examples left.

There's also the remains of a shell in the scrute shed at Thruxton, although I don't know if that's a genuine ex-BTCC car.
Another shell recently came to light. Still with some running gear but stripped of engine and gearbox, it had been painted in white DC Cook/Tommy Rustad livery and used as a show car. We think it's an early 95/96 Williams. It's now owned by Michael Wilson (Wilbo on the forum), who last I heard was planning to install a V6 and use it for Britcar.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1395668)   #10
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know John Cross bought a car, and it has been stripped of all its components. The suspension is in a focus race car, the engine and gear box is making its way into a Rallycross Clio. In fact the engine is at Julain Godfreys now being worked on.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1395988)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
There's also the remains of a shell in the scrute shed at Thruxton, although I don't know if that's a genuine ex-BTCC car.
I saw a photograph the other day. Looks like a mish mash of 1997 shell with 1996 doors.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 04:20 (Ref:1396060)   #12
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Laguna is a a good example of why I wanted to trace them all. It's less that 10 years since they were built and already they are nearly all gone.
What exactly did you mean by "gone"? They're "gone" from their original ST spec? Like the Britcar conversion?

It's sad most of them are stored in garages somewhere or rusting away? But yeah, considering ST cars have been around for 10 years, I wonder where they have all went? By now, they should be affordable for club racers? But I'm under the impression the maintenace/upkeep costs is what is keeping more guys from racing them?
Old 1 Sep 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1396091)   #13
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are several ex BTCC ST's running in the Australian Touring Car Challemge series check out http://www.touringcarchallenge.com/ if you haven't done so already.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1396173)   #14
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of BTCC cars turned up here, some still are here, some still being punted. Lots of Bimmers here but I don't think any of the Nemo Racing cars were ex-BTCC they were mostly Bigazzi cars. There were several Volvos, one of the Estates, a regular 850, and at least two S40s but they all returned to Sweden.

There is one BTCC Alfa here. At least one Nissan. Several Mondeos. There is a two door 318iS somewhere. There is a guy in Bathurst collecting Cavaliers, has at least four, three of which were BTCC, including Clelands championship car. There's also a later model RML Vectra which may have been BTCC. There was also a Honda at one point, around five-eight ex-BTCC Peugeots of varying ages and at least two Carinas, probably three.

There is also at least one A4 Quattro left here (there were lots of Audis over the years, 80s, and Quattro and non-Quattro A4s) but I'm not sure if they were Audi Sport UK sourced.

Do you need more on any of those Redshoes?
Old 1 Sep 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1396345)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
What exactly did you mean by "gone"? They're "gone" from their original ST spec? Like the Britcar conversion?
Partly I mean as in re-used or converted beyond recognition, by mainly I mean gone as in scrapped. In some cases due to a big accident in others robbed of useful parts and the shell left to rot.

Don't think it can happen, look at the Team Dynamics Civics from last year. Both cars were stripped of running gear to make this year's Integras. What's left of the shell is sitting in someone's garage waiting for a buyer.

Falc, I know that a number of cars escaped to Down Under and are probably sitting in storage. If you've got any details please let me know.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1396583)   #16
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars that I am still aware of are as below, forgive me if I repeat anything that has previously been posted. Cars in this Country.
Martyn Symms 99 Nissan
Derek Palmer 99 Nissan
Barclay Dougal 99 Nissan
Nigel Bowen 99 Nissan
Peter Challis 96 Nissan
Derek Hale 96 Nissan now sold to chaps in Scotland
Andy Clarkin 96 Honda now sold to chap who owns Kockney Koi Carp
Richard Hawkin 97 Nissan and 1995 Cavalier
Jim Pocklington 97 Nissan and 1992 Cavalier
Alvin Powell 2000 Mondeo and 1993 Mondeo ( Might be 94 )
Steve Papworth 1999 Mondeo
Tim Watson 2000 Mondeo
John Muir 95 Nissan 4x4
Chris Crockett 1999 Mondeo maybe 2000
Alex Schoolage 96 Vauxhall
Rob Compton 97 Renault
John ? 2 x 98 Honda's
Mark Taylor 96 Honda
Plenty of cars abroad as has been mentioned, my two 98 Nissans went to two Spainish brothers who will hill climb them. Steve Hirst and Tony Brasses Audi's went to Europe. Brians Chatfield had 2 x 98 Toyota's, 2 x 92 Toyota's, 1 x 97 Nissan and 1 x 98 Nissan all went to Australia.
98 BMW races in Dutch Super Car Challenge, and there is also the Pirelli Challenge which struggles to get more than 6 cars out.
Not sure what is happening in Norway but again they had 15 cars registered last year but where only getting about 8 cars.
Hope this helps, if I think of anything else I will post it.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1396615)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
TWR Volvo S40 / chassis 001 (BTCC, '97) --> Petterson (Sweden, '??-'04) --> BRI (Belgium, '04) --> Hassan Al Omar (Dubai UAE, '04-'??)
Sources: www.thepaddock.net
Old 1 Sep 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1396631)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
There is a guy in Bathurst collecting Cavaliers, has at least four, three of which were BTCC, including Clelands championship car.
Bob Tweedie wasn't it? I'm sure that car is back in the UK now. I've seen it displayed at the Autosport show on a club racing stand, which said it had been bought back from overseas.
Old 1 Sep 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1396698)   #19
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are trying hard to get some of the older Super Tourers out in Euro Saloons for next year, I have spoken to at least 7 drivers who want to bring their cars out for a bit of fun.

There are still races at Snetterton on the 24th & 25th of Sept, thats 1 qualifiying and 2 x 30 min races, plus a race at Rockingham in October.

Anyone interested drop me a PM or look at www.lmaeurosaloons.co.uk for more info.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1398056)   #20
redshoes
Veteran

The website I've been working on is http://www.supertouringregister.com/. It's still very much a work in progress with lots of details missing. Anyone who can fill in any of the gaps let me know.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1398093)   #21
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can try and look up some of the ST's here in Sweden.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1398095)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The website I've been working on is http://www.supertouringregister.com/. It's still very much a work in progress with lots of details missing. Anyone who can fill in any of the gaps let me know.
Nice website!
Old 3 Sep 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1398190)   #23
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I'm here. My Renault Laguna is a 95 car. A talk with the Speedsport guys (namely Mike O'Brian) shows that all the Lagunas of this era were all built by Williams Engineering.

The car came without engine and box but the shell is identical to Rob Wests (bar his four point airjack system, compared to my three). These cars had different configerations though year on year and apperantly Williams really helped the situation by burying most of the cars and parts in a huge landfill site or so the story goes.....

so if anyone has any Laguna bits....!!!!

Yes, Redshoes is right. I plan on a Clio V6 engine to give reliable gee gees whilst making a sweet noise! The project is ticking over but is not a priority at the moment.

Photo avialble on request.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1398195)   #24
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also have details on a BMW 320i Super Tourer that my friend ownes.

Details to follow shortly.....
Old 4 Sep 2005, 05:37 (Ref:1398305)   #25
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cool. I've always wanted to do something like that. Back many years ago, I tried to create/tally a global list of how many units of each brand were being built each year. That would be cool. This way, past/present/future owners can share data/info/parts with each other.

Too bad the FIA doesn't setup a global touring car registry.This way, people can track car/racing history of any car. Cool concept. I know there is an outgoing thread in the Aussie V8 touring car forum that have guys regulary work together to put together a racing history for cars.