Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4117414)   #6051
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unlike;
Attached Thumbnails
1 GP (1).jpg   1 GP (2).jpg   1 GP (3).jpg  

1 GP (4).jpg   1 GP (5).jpg   1 GP (6).jpg  

Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4117415)   #6052
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or even;
Attached Thumbnails
1 hs (1).JPG   1 hs (2).JPG   1 rev (7).JPG  

1 hs (3).JPG   1 hs (5).JPG   1 rev (8).JPG  

Old 29 Jun 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4117430)   #6053
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Indeed Bob, but what does it say when I recognise many, indeed most of the older cars, but in the "Goodness me" section I recognise but a couple. Quite happy for them to remain such.... Im not asking for any ID of them! Just sayin'

I totally agree. Being laid up for a few days over the weekend I was trawling the TV channels and came across the BTCC event from Croft so watched the racing for most of Sunday. Like EB there was virtually no way to discern one car from another unless it had it's name blazed across it or the BMW grill shape.
Having been a keen Touring Car fan for many years since the early 1960s I thought the racing over the weekend was total crap with virtually no overtaking after the first lap. Just a line of single file cars (admittedly very fast) but cornering as if on rails. What a bore. Get rid of the aero. And what about track limits?
Some of the support races I watched were more entertaining but BTCC - not for me anymore on this showing.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4117486)   #6054
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the first year of hybrids and your comments reflect those I've read on Twitter etc. Still, I'm sure somone loves it.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 19:22 (Ref:4117512)   #6055
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Until some of the recent photos, I don't believe I've ever seen a Jensen 541 racing!
Old 30 Jun 2022, 06:54 (Ref:4117549)   #6056
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Until some of the recent photos, I don't believe I've ever seen a Jensen 541 racing!
Me too. Plus whenever I see pictures of that car I do question whether the adjustable radiator blind section of the grille should be classed as a moveable aerodynamic device and therefore banned!
Old 30 Jun 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4117560)   #6057
bauble
Veteran

England
When I log-in and see that the last post on the Parade is frm VivaGT, my heart sinks, as i fear that he has posted more of his photos on the forum. The relief when I find he is only contributing his usual in-consequential drivel:laugh is overwhelming.
Attached Thumbnails
1 GP (4).jpg   1aa (2).JPG   IMG_8355.jpg  

IMG_20180818_0001.jpg   1 GP (7).jpg   _MG_0024.JPG  

Old 30 Jun 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4117567)   #6058
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
When I log-in and see that the last post on the Parade is frm VivaGT, my heart sinks, as i fear that he has posted more of his photos on the forum. The relief when I find he is only contributing his usual in-consequential drivel:laugh is overwhelming.
Good to know I'm keeping you on your toes!
Be careful what you wish though Baub, I may find some more photo's to post instead of my usual drivel...
Old 2 Jul 2022, 20:21 (Ref:4117837)   #6059
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Please proceed Viva GT…
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4118167)   #6060
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 6 hours meeting 2016:
Attached Thumbnails
029.JPG   072.JPG   074.JPG  

081.JPG   082.JPG   158.JPG  

Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4118168)   #6061
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What an event that must have been
Old 4 Jul 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4118252)   #6062
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THRUXTON HISTORIC

A few pictures from the recent Thruxton Historic meeting. The first picture shows the battle for the lead of the HRDC Jack Sears Trophy between the Lotus Cortinas of Pete Chambers and Richard Dutton which ended with Dutton coming out on top. The second shot shows Ben Adams (Lola Mk1) who dominated RAC Woodcote/Stirling Moss Trophy. Next up Rob Wainwright (March 722) led Benn Tilley (Modus M1) until the fifth lap of the first leg of the Jochen Rindt Trophy before spinning at the Chicane. Thereafter Wainwright chased Tilley going side by side through the Complex on more than one occasion. The fourth picture shows Tilley and Wainwright wheel to wheel while Anthony Hancock exits stage left. The Historic Touring Car Challenge was dominated by Nissan Skylines, while the Midget/Sprite Challenge saw Tom Walker and Pippa Cow take a win apiece.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7225 (2).JPG   IMG_7315 (2).JPG   IMG_7335 (2).JPG  

IMG_7381 (3).JPG   IMG_7408.JPG   IMG_7479 (2).JPG  

Old 4 Jul 2022, 20:32 (Ref:4118256)   #6063
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Sunday's HRDC Allstars race saw an entertaining battle for second between Andrew Smith (Marcos GT) and Ben Colburn (Lenham Sprite). The sadly poorly supported Jaguar Challenge/Pre 63 GT race saw the Wrigley/Wainwright E Type beat the Adams family example. While Rob Wainwright and Benn Tilley shared the outright wins in the two Jochen Rindt Trophy races, Dan Eagling in a Derek Warwick entered Ralt RT1 took the Formula Three class both times. The U2TC race saw another single figure field and was dominated by the Alfa Romeo of Andrew and Max Banks. The closing HRDC Classic Alfa Challenge saw a terrific scrap for the lead which unfortunately came to a head on the race's eleventh lap. And finally, it's goodnight from me and goodnight from delta. Goodnight !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7588 (2).JPG   IMG_7622.JPG   IMG_7643 (2).JPG  

IMG_7688 (2).JPG   IMG_7781 (2).JPG   IMG_7389 (3).JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 02:31 (Ref:4118269)   #6064
bauble
Veteran

England
Nice pics,GC good to see some variety on the Parade.
Attached Thumbnails
1 hs (4).JPG   1 hs (6).JPG   IMG_1144.JPG  

IMG_2382.JPG   IMG_2685.JPG   IMG_8333.JPG  

Last edited by bauble; 5 Jul 2022 at 02:49.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 02:45 (Ref:4118270)   #6065
bauble
Veteran

England
More boring pictures;
Attached Thumbnails
1SM (2).JPG   1SM (3).JPG   1SM (4).JPG  

1SM (5).JPG   1SM (6).JPG   1SM (7).JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 02:48 (Ref:4118271)   #6066
bauble
Veteran

England
Yawn!
Attached Thumbnails
1 osc (1).JPG   1 osc (2).JPG   1 osc (3).JPG  

1 osc (4).JPG   1 osc (5).JPG   1 osc (6).JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4118369)   #6067
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Some more shots from the RAC Woodcote/Stirling Moss Trophy race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7242 (2).JPG   IMG_7312 (2).JPG   IMG_7319 (2).JPG  

IMG_7253 (3).JPG   IMG_7331 (2).JPG   IMG_7280.JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 20:39 (Ref:4118370)   #6068
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Even more shots from the RAC Woodcote/Stirling Moss Trophy race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7295 (2).JPG   IMG_7248 (2).JPG   IMG_7269 (2).JPG  

IMG_7327 (2).JPG   IMG_7330 (2).JPG   IMG_7259 (2).JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 20:44 (Ref:4118371)   #6069
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

More pictures from the HRDC Jack Sears Trophy race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7194 (2).JPG   IMG_7210 (2).JPG   IMG_7229 (2).JPG  

IMG_7203 (2).JPG   IMG_7195 (2).JPG   IMG_7198 (2).JPG  

Old 5 Jul 2022, 20:51 (Ref:4118375)   #6070
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Yet more Pre 1966 saloons from the HRDC Jack Sears Trophy race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7220 (2).JPG   IMG_7200 (2).JPG   IMG_7207 (2).JPG  

IMG_7231 (2).JPG   IMG_7206 (2).JPG   IMG_7196 (2).JPG  

Old 6 Jul 2022, 04:59 (Ref:4118383)   #6071
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics GCC. Thanks for sharing.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 05:58 (Ref:4118384)   #6072
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Great pics GCC. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your kind comments EB, they are much appreciated.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4118390)   #6073
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Thank you for your kind comments EB, they are much appreciated.
I'm not sure praise from EB is worth very much GC, have you seen his pictures?

Some very nice cars GC, and nicely photographed, I love the D-Type snap, always my favourite 'if only' car, and a superb shot, well framed, and perfectly capturing the elegant lines of the D-Type. Made me quite jealous. (Of course you can treasure my remarks.)

Sorry EB, only kidding.

Last edited by bauble; 6 Jul 2022 at 08:07.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4118399)   #6074
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Some very nice cars GC, and nicely photographed, I love the D-Type snap, always my favourite 'if only' car, and a superb shot, well framed, and perfectly capturing the elegant lines of the D-Type. Made me quite jealous. (Of course you can treasure my remarks.)

Sorry EB, only kidding.
Ill get you back at playtime.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4118409)   #6075
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:

Sorry EB, only kidding.
Thanks Bauble, high praise indeed coming from the master himself ! The new banking overlooking the Noble section of the circuit has opened up several new angles although it is a shame it doesn't extend to the next corner, Goodwood, as that seemed to be where most of the action took place. Due to local restrictions no loudspeakers are allowed on the banking past the Complex, so anyone thinking of spectating from there should take a small radio and tune into the circuit's frequency.