Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Dec 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2597138)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If you could change it?

If you could speak to some one at V8 Supercar TV or Ch7 and improving there telecast what would you ask for.

Me I would ask for a decent coverage of the feild from P 1,2,3 then what we get now, also more driver interveiws with more in depth ( like what they do to prepare for a race )
Plus going into the B-Doubles from a few different teams to see how they differ.
See how the different race tech prepare for a race meeting.

Plus more coverage of testing days.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 10 Dec 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2597141)   #2
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the use of a few more trackside/level cameras would be good.

Larko does a great job with his whiteboard and pit reports but maybe if they had a Nascar style "naked" car on a jig so he can really show the fans what they are talking about
Old 10 Dec 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2597163)   #3
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Replace Matt White with Noonz. Non-expert commentators are not tolerated in football, cricket, tennis etc. Why do we cop it ?

More support races televised on the race day, not hours of crap filler talking to pollies and stuff

Plus I don't want more driver interviews, as they are usually just towing the corporate line and have little of real substance to say

More Briony
Old 10 Dec 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2597178)   #4
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
More Briony
Agreed! She adds something to the telecast in all seriousness. She did a great interview with someone at homebush during the race. I just can't remember who it was with. But it was off the cuff and done on the lighter side right after something had happened to said team/driver.

If anyone saw Shelley Craft in the early days of the sprintcar coverage on fox sports you'll know what i mean
Old 10 Dec 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2597217)   #5
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Fuso start grid (wtf were they thinking)

Change the way the names are shown on screen. Something like F1 or MotoGP where they are transparent on the left hand side, and run the whole screen. This would be specifically handy in qualyfying when they are about to get to the end of session. atm they only show 21st down, we want to see all the drivers who are about to be knocked out please (say from 15th, or the whole field if it can fit, i know motoGP get a fair few names there).

DONT cut to an ad break if something interesting is happening. Cars passing, car just in the wall etc. Seen it many times (i lol'd when the latter happened, why would they cut away from a race changing event.....)
Old 10 Dec 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2597226)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what stealthy said

the whole qualifying data is not what we want or need, we want continual information
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2597262)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16 View Post
Agreed! She adds something to the telecast in all seriousness. She did a great interview with someone at homebush during the race. I just can't remember who it was with. But it was off the cuff and done on the lighter side right after something had happened to said team/driver.

If anyone saw Shelley Craft in the early days of the sprintcar coverage on fox sports you'll know what i mean
yeah it was with Garth great interview, sort of gave abit of sarcasm but not to over the top, was abit of a laugh. i really think she adds to the program and she talks great and knows what she is talking about and ofcoarse as we know she is easy on the eye.

Noonz, Crompo & Skaifey in the box, Larko, Briony and if you have too Berretta in the pits.

Shelley Craft is abit of a dunce, she suits funny home video's.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2597335)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we change the intro music?

More coverage of the field, especially in the longer races. Some cars were barely mentioned at Bathurst this year, letalone focused on on the screen.

More racing coverage (be it V8s or support events), and less waffle & coverage of practice sessions etc... even the saturday qualifying was pretty tedius at times.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2597519)   #9
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about they show some of the practice/qualifying/races LIVE?? Not 10 or so laps behind the Xbox live timing...
Old 10 Dec 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2597540)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Change the way the names are shown on screen. Something like F1 or MotoGP where they are transparent on the left hand side, and run the whole screen. This would be specifically handy in qualyfying when they are about to get to the end of session. atm they only show 21st down, we want to see all the drivers who are about to be knocked out please (say from 15th, or the whole field if it can fit, i know motoGP get a fair few names there).
i also hate the 3(?) letter abreviations of the drivers names. if they are transparent, the whole name could be included. i spend half the time trying to decipher what name is actually being represented that i don't concentrate on the show...

and more Briony +1
Old 10 Dec 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2597543)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the shootout laps, wouldn't it be ace to have a Nascar style GPS tracking type thing where the super computer predicts if the driver on track is set for pole? I think that's a really cool thing from Nascar qualifying, you exactly where the various drivers are stronger.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2597550)   #12
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
More racing coverage (be it V8s or support events), and less waffle & coverage of practice sessions etc... even the saturday qualifying was pretty tedius at times.
Have to disagree on this point. I'd love for every session to be telecast. I agree other categories should be telecast tho.

On the subject, hate how they show 'race 3' of the utes race, yet you have to wait til the next weekend to see races 1 and 2 (and then 3 again). All or nothing please (meaning all on the live weekend, or nothing on the live weekend and delay a week for all 3 races)
Old 10 Dec 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2597571)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Road to Indy

If VESATV could cover that depth of programming each event, it would go a long way to improving the package...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2009, 00:26 (Ref:2597592)   #14
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep race weekends for racing and put all the fluff and filler in a longer V8xtra show on the off weekends.

Quote:
hate how they show 'race 3' of the utes race, yet you have to wait til the next weekend to see races 1 and 2 (and then 3 again).
Absolutely agree - what happened in the earlier races?
Old 11 Dec 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2597769)   #15
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
Shelley Craft is abit of a dunce, she suits funny home video's.
I wasn't suggesting to get Shelley Craft, just a comparison to her days as Sprintcar pit reporter
Old 11 Dec 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2597843)   #16
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about:

- less Lowndes, Whincup,Tander & Davidson- aren't there 29 drivers in the field?
- less Roland Dane and Garry Rogers - the other team managers have opinions too
- in car vision from Jack Perkins and Tim Slade - action guaranteed (see also above for less Whincup & Tander)
- more Briony - 'nuff said
Old 11 Dec 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2597849)   #17
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Absolutely agree - what happened in the earlier races?
I would tell you tomorrow, but it seems the program guide thinks theres only V8 extra for 1 hour, and Fujitsu series for 1 hour. Maybe there stretching it anotherrrrrrr weekend
Old 11 Dec 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2597866)   #18
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the coverage is ok, some info about the corrected race order in the two pitstop races would be good.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2598140)   #19
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lose White & Beretta!
More in-car. And no speaking when in-car is being shown.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2598251)   #20
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if the Homebush race was meant to be the V8 supercar Jewel in the Crown event, what the hell was Berrett's doing interviewing the coach of an AFL team that doesn't even exist yet during the warm up lap?

It reminded me of the time they had a live cross "conversation" between Dick Johnson in the green Mustang and Ian Murray who was sailing the yacht Kookaburra somewhere off Freemantle. This was during the race mind you Racecam at its technical best and practical worst. What was the point ?

Channel 7 cross-promotion gone mad
Old 12 Dec 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2598662)   #21
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I would tell you tomorrow, but it seems the program guide thinks theres only V8 extra for 1 hour, and Fujitsu series for 1 hour. Maybe there stretching it anotherrrrrrr weekend
Turns out it is next weekend, talk about milking it.....
Old 13 Dec 2009, 05:57 (Ref:2598787)   #22
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True HD coverage, F1 style graphics using the widescreen format. F1 style podium and post race interviews. Nascar style cutaway car for Larko. Less filler, more racing even if it means delayed coverage.

Never see White, Beretta and especially Denyer ever again.