Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Sep 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4177437)   #51
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the announcement of Thompson's return - please note that this is (or currently appears to be) a replacement for Hamilton / Huff.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 15:43 (Ref:4177454)   #52
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yay.
Go Bobby.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4178260)   #53
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After the results from Silverstone, the weekend scores are:

EntrantScore
S griffin 22
Greem 31
crmalcolm 31
Steel Wheels 36
Petoli 41
sjb114 (unofficial) 45
sjb114 45
SSmith 47
BTCC frog 49
Chequered Pass 50
steve_r 53
Jay87 56
Evantra 66
Old 25 Sep 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4178261)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Which means, in the overall standings:

EntrantScore
Steel Wheels 325
BTCC frog 331
SSmith 344
Jay87 355
steve_r 366
Evantra 367
S griffin 370
sjb114 (unofficial) 372
Greem 376
Chequered Pass 381
crmalcolm 384
sjb114 397
Petoli 414
Old 25 Sep 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4178263)   #55
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And when everything is reviewed - the picks for the final three rounds are as follows:

EntrantR28R29R30
Steel Wheels DeLeon Thompson Edwards
BTCC frog DeLeon Thompson Cammish
SSmith Halstead Lloyd Cammish
Jay87 DeLeon Edwards Thompson
steve_r Sutton Collard Thompson
Evantra Halstead Thompson Cammish
S griffin Halstead Edwards Rowbottom
sjb114 (unofficial) Rowbottom Edwards Gamble
Greem Gamble Halstead Edwards
Chequered Pass Osborne Rowbottom Halstead
crmalcolm Edwards Butel Taylor-Smith
sjb114 Rowbottom Edwards Gamble
Petoli Halstead DeLeon Cammish
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:12 (Ref:4178998)   #56
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And when everything is reviewed - the picks for the final three rounds are as follows:

EntrantR28R29R30
Not looking too strong to hold onto to the top spot, I may need the British weather’s assistance.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 21:31 (Ref:4179018)   #57
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was top not long ago things have gone south since then haha. I had Lloyd when his drive shaft broke at donington and Chilton when he had to pit last week oh what might have been haha
Old 30 Sep 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4179030)   #58
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Not looking too strong to hold onto to the top spot, I may need the British weather’s assistance.
It looks like I will overtake as long as Cammish finishes competitively in race three, so I have a good chance. But I am mostly worried about Steve r with Sutton, Collard and Thompson.

If I win this competition, I shall have to thank Nick Halstead and his choice of tyres in Donington Park race two.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 22:26 (Ref:4179034)   #59
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see another weekend of struggle for Cammish. Mind I’m not confident with my own choices!
Old 1 Oct 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4179156)   #60
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like BTCC frog is the favourite for the title - only 6 points off Steel Wheels and with Cammish in R3.

Whilst I'm 19 off Steel Wheels and also with a slightly better trio (on paper), its highly unlikely that I'll outscore BTCC frog (13 ahead of me) given we both have Cammish in R3 and drivers of similar ability in R1 and R2. As others have pointed out, steve_r could really leap up the order with his team - especially as he could outscore Steel Wheels, BTCC frog, Jay87 and myself in the standings by 20+ in R1 alone.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4179158)   #61
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It looks like BTCC frog is the favourite for the title - only 6 points off Steel Wheels and with Cammish in R3.

Whilst I'm 19 off Steel Wheels and also with a slightly better trio (on paper), its highly unlikely that I'll outscore BTCC frog (13 ahead of me) given we both have Cammish in R3 and drivers of similar ability in R1 and R2. As others have pointed out, steve_r could really leap up the order with his team - especially as he could outscore Steel Wheels, BTCC frog, Jay87 and myself in the standings by 20+ in R1 alone.
Think we’re both holding out for a surprise Halstead victory in R1 here!
Old 1 Oct 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4179172)   #62
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Think we’re both holding out for a surprise Halstead victory in R1 here!
Yes! Come on Nick!
Old 2 Oct 2023, 10:09 (Ref:4179215)   #63
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
It looks like I will overtake as long as Cammish finishes competitively in race three, so I have a good chance. But I am mostly worried about Steve r with Sutton, Collard and Thompson.
I had a freakishly bad start to the season with Sutton and Collard both non-finishing in races where I picked them. Perhaps it will all be balanced out at the end, but it is a big gap to close. Autumnal weather could make the final rounds a complete lottery though.

I like this game. It forces me to take interest in drivers that I would normally not really notice.
Old 5 Oct 2023, 06:13 (Ref:4179734)   #64
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

EntrantR28R29R30
Butel is replaced by Gornall - which only affects my entry for the final weekend.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4180470)   #65
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I just need Dan Cammish to bring it home now in race three. If he knew that was all he needed to do it would be easy!
Old 8 Oct 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4180474)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I just need Dan Cammish to bring it home now in race three. If he knew that was all he needed to do it would be easy!
If Thompson is excluded from R2, things can change immensely.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4180615)   #67
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
After R28, the table stood as:

EntrantTotal
Steel Wheels 346
BTCC frog 352
SSmith 366
steve_r 367
Jay87 376
sjb114 (unofficial) 379
Evantra 389
S griffin 392
Greem 392
Chequered Pass 399
crmalcolm 403
sjb114 404
Petoli 436
Old 9 Oct 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4180616)   #68
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
After R29:

EntrantTotal
Steel Wheels 351
BTCC frog 357
steve_r 371
SSmith 376
Jay87 393
Evantra 394
sjb114 (unofficial) 396
Chequered Pass 407
S griffin 409
Greem 412
crmalcolm 418
sjb114 421
Petoli 457
Old 9 Oct 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4180617)   #69
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And for the final table:

EntrantTotal
BTCC frog 366
Steel Wheels 374
SSmith 385
steve_r 396
Evantra 403
S griffin 414
Jay87 418
sjb114 (unofficial) 419
Chequered Pass 427
Greem 435
crmalcolm 439
sjb114 444
Petoli 466

Congratulations to BTCC frog for taking the title. Snatching the lead in the last round with a pick of Cammish - coming from his result of 26th in round 23.

Second place goes to Steel Wheels. A long-time lead was overhauled right at the end.

Third spot is taken by SSmith

The vagaries of the grid size makes it a compromise when setting up the conditions. I'll take a look at wht size the grid is in 2024 to see what other options are available. Thanks to all who took part - see you all for 2024!

Old 9 Oct 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4180624)   #70
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Thanks. That was fun. For a while there I thought i would end up with a single digit score from the last 3 races combined, but then disaster struck Bobby Thompson. Oh well.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 09:00 (Ref:4180633)   #71
SSmith
Veteran

Thanks crmalcolm for organising this, it's been very enjoyable, and I'm delighted to get a podium!

Congrats to everyone who took part. Special congratulations to BTCC frog and Steel Wheels!
Old 9 Oct 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4180646)   #72
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for keeping track of the scores and congratulations to the victors
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4180653)   #73
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's me and crmalcolm in the relegation play-off

Seriously though - thanks for doing this, it's been fun.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4181787)   #74
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And for the final table:

EntrantTotal
BTCC frog 366
Steel Wheels 374
SSmith 385
steve_r 396
Evantra 403
S griffin 414
Jay87 418
sjb114 (unofficial) 419
Chequered Pass 427
Greem 435
crmalcolm 439
sjb114 444
Petoli 466

Congratulations to BTCC frog for taking the title. Snatching the lead in the last round with a pick of Cammish - coming from his result of 26th in round 23.

Second place goes to Steel Wheels. A long-time lead was overhauled right at the end.

Third spot is taken by SSmith

The vagaries of the grid size makes it a compromise when setting up the conditions. I'll take a look at wht size the grid is in 2024 to see what other options are available. Thanks to all who took part - see you all for 2024!

As I predicted I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! Congratulations BTCCFrog.

To be fair after previous years I’m made up with a podium place overall.

Thanks for running crm, now to start planning next year!