Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Nov 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2581475)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever happened to...

Creating tracks on games? This seems to have just died a death on the next-gen consoles (along with split screen racing, for that matter).

Wouldn't it be nice with all these lovely graphics to be able to create your own track and upload them?! Why on earth isn't someone jumping on this??

Selby
Old 13 Nov 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2581522)   #2
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you got a very good point there! i like making my own tracks on Trackmaina for the DS
Old 14 Nov 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2581929)   #3
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure why really, its something that would be absolutely brilliant, imagine making say Spa or Monza in Forza 3, in theory, its a cracking idea, but it would take a hell of a long time, money and effort to develop and put it into the game, plus there is the issue of file size as well on consoles. If this facility was available in Forza 3 i would have nowhere near enough room on my 360's hard drive to fit the track's on.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2582267)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Why don't they just bring out a Racing Creation Tool type game. Start with bare basics (basic car, a basic open wheeled racer, and a couple of basic tracks), so it doesn't take up too much space, then have the main concept of the game to create like mad! That way it'd be a bit of a new gimmick thus potentially quite attractive, and you'd physically have the space to do so! You could open a huge bank of online activity with uploads of various car models and tracks from over the years.

Selby
Old 15 Nov 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2582336)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Rfactor then...
Old 15 Nov 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2582347)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think a track would take up a great deal of HD space.

Only track creator I can remember using is the one on V-Rally 2! Was fun, but limited.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2582567)   #7
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answer is simple really, if your talking console games, its because they want to rip these people off and charge them for DLC Downloadable Content.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2582634)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just get Generally, seriously!
Old 23 Nov 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2587908)   #9
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Maxwell Murder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumours suggest Gran Turismo 5 may have a track editor. As usual, Polyphony Digital are being very secretive, so I think we'll be waiting a while until we hear anything official.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2588382)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Aw what! That'd be awesome

I don't think this is quite the answer to our prayers, although I have to say, the track editor idea is awesomely (?) done:

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/m...&mode=previews

Selby
Old 24 Nov 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2588392)   #11
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I don't think a track would take up a great deal of HD space.

Only track creator I can remember using is the one on V-Rally 2! Was fun, but limited.
I remember creating absolute monster tracks on that. Just a straight line stage....but with hoooooooooge jumps, camber, like a massive rollercoaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
just get Generally, seriously!
Thats a really good editor. I race radio controlled cars and use the track editor to try out various ideas for creating tracks at my local club.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2589425)   #12
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Why don't they just bring out a Racing Creation Tool type game. Start with bare basics (basic car, a basic open wheeled racer, and a couple of basic tracks), so it doesn't take up too much space, then have the main concept of the game to create like mad! That way it'd be a bit of a new gimmick thus potentially quite attractive, and you'd physically have the space to do so! You could open a huge bank of online activity with uploads of various car models and tracks from over the years.

Selby
That would be exactly like rFactor
Old 26 Nov 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2589715)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh sorry I more ment for consoles!!!

I just can't get in to the whole modding thing in rFactor, as much as i'd love to. There just doesn't seem to be all the available information that I need.

Plus, I can't control any of the cars in the game using my keyboard. They literally just slide off at every corner, and i'm generally pretty good on racing games.

Selby