Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 24 Apr 2004, 10:23 (Ref:949887)   #26
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
www.senna.tv
Old 1 May 2004, 18:49 (Ref:958007)   #27
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really can't believe its been 10 years, its gone by so quickly. Yet at the same time it seems like so long ago in that things have changed so much.

To me Senna was the greatest and still is the greatest, there was something special, something different about him not only as a driver but also as a person. I think a big part of Formula One and motor racing died that day.

Even though I was only nine when it happenned I've been watching and going to motor racing my whole life and it took a long time to get back into the sport again. I just lost interest and it still isn't the same. I know of many Brazilian relatives who haven't watched F1 since.

But the memories are there, at least thats something. And he died doing what he did best. Winning the race.

Valeu Senna!
Old 1 May 2004, 20:09 (Ref:958093)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good posts. Good to read them. I don't have anything to add, but for some reason just wanted to register I had been here today.
Old 1 May 2004, 21:19 (Ref:958134)   #29
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too. He was, and still is, the best driver to have raced during my lifetime.

It feels like yesterday, but a lot has happened in 10 years. It was totally different back when Senna was racing to what it is now. Racing in a field of several multiple world champions, he took the challenge of going to the team of then world's best driver Alain Prost, and beat him on the first attempt, in a season when Prost was favoured by many at McLaren. Such an achievement told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Obrigado, Ayrton - Simply the best.
Old 1 May 2004, 22:08 (Ref:958165)   #30
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a marshal, I'm not supposed to have favourites but I had the privilege of working in the pit lane at Donington 93 and had been given the Maclaren team to work with. I had not been a Senna fan until I saw him work. He was totally dedicated to his art and at the end of the race (how did he do that overtaking on the first lap without falling off?) he came up to me, kissed me and thanked for being "his" pit marshal.

In the July of the same year I was at Silverstone, again looking after Maclaren and Senna. He walked out of the garage on the Friday morning, stopped, turned round and said to me "Hi, how've you been since Donington?" The fact that the "great man" remembered one little figure in orange impressed me no end.

When he died I said I would never go near a race track again. Sorry Ayrton, it's just something you have to do.

I have a poster on my wall - black and white - Ayrton and his Maclaren. The words are - "Racing is life - all else is incidentals". Guess that sums it up really.

RIP Ayrton.