Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1255223)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3rd Minardi???

What happened to the Friday tester of team Minardi?

In its debut i supposed it would be Chanoch Nissany, but because he don't have a superlicense he can't drive the third car and there is no replacement for him.
But I heard about other drivers who can take temporarily this role: Nicolas Kiesa (Denmark), Marchy Lee (China) and... more people...
Old 18 Mar 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1255228)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand Kiesa is the most likely, but it won't be until Imola, when the new car debuts.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1255229)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They probably don't have third car yet. It may start in the European season, or they are waiting for the new car (or third new car!). Or they can run the old ones when we get to then.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1255261)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marchy Lee - from San Marino onwards, I have read.

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/Grape...x?id=42932&s=5

China is on the verge of seeing one of its drivers get behind the wheel of a Formula One car in anger for the first time, with Formula BMW Asia Champion Marchy Lee understood to be close to agreeing a deal to become Minardi's third driver.

According to an exclusive report in this week's Autosport magazine, Lee is set to join Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher as Minardi's third driver from the San Marino Grand Prix next month.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1255267)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very sceptical about whether Mr Lee would get a superlicence.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1255272)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You could well be right there KB - will PS run him in private testing to try and get some mileage in towards one I wonder?

He doesn't fit the other criteria though, in terms of finishes in senior level championships (IIRC)!

Last edited by Super Tourer; 18 Mar 2005 at 15:56.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1255283)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indeed, there is a big gap between Formula BMW and F1, but maybe beeing Chinese will help him......
Old 18 Mar 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1255289)   #8
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He would have to do some testing to get him up to the requirement, and I suspect that would be in one of the old cars (or quite possibly any old F1-spec car), and slotted in as and when. Consdiering that the deal has been announced, there'd be a lot of pressure to get him in the car as planned - and what's the betting that PS would do everything to make the FIA look like the bad guys, even though he's the one who's signed an under-prepared driver for commercial reasons alone.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1255293)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
It would work both ways.

We have already seen this over the licence for PFpre-Melbourne, the FIA pointed out to PS that as he had questioned correct policy and process on FIA matters they would not neccesarily be able to issue a licence for Patrick via a fax vote (which is normally acceptable) and indeed it was accepted, after the FIA had made their point.

I can't see PS getting a single concession out of the FIA again and if a form arrived from Minardi on the wrong colour paper, I'm sure it would get thrown out - you reap what you sow.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1255620)   #10
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is all very exciting...

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Mar 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1255654)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The additional "data" (read $$$) gathered by the third driver for Minardi will be invaluable....
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1256075)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite John, it will help them with their 'research'.