Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1274805)   #101
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think what you're getting at is right. As brilliant as he is, Mark does really have only few races left before there's real heat from his employers. And the signs so far are not so good. Like I said, is he the new Chris Amon of F1?
I had to laugh this afternoon when during the MotoGP when Rossi on the last corner got inside Gibenau and used him as a brake, hustling off Gibenau into the kitty litter (and taking the victory). You must just NEVER get on the outside of anybody EVER when it's critcal.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1274809)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
You must just NEVER get on the outside of anybody EVER when it's critcal.
I disagree with "never". It depends if it is goign to be your only chance, then it may be worth taking the risk. However if it is likely other chances will appear then perhaps it isn't worth the risk as you do put yourself in anothers hands when they are in a pressure situation (and hence so are you).
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1274818)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Adam,

As John says. "When its critical". And that is the same point you are making. If its your only chance then you come down to luck and that is something a driver makes for himself.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1274826)   #104
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes. Although I did take it more as whether the entire situation was critical. In those terms it wasn't critical to get past (or stay ahead) at that corner, the next would have done. I do realise that we are saying the same or veyr similar things.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1274846)   #105
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done you too. Yes were all on the same side here; when you're at the level these boys are at, most of their racing is 'critical' I think. So there's no way you'd be on the outside of an Italian with shot tyres witha podium position at stake or let an Italian get up the inside on the last corner of a MotoGP 27 lapper!
Interestingly, it's a heavy psychological move to push anyone on the outside off - a real bullying move, but it's very hard for any race official to prove that it was a measured tactical avoidable and dangerous move.
I remember when I did year long single seater stuff that if you did do it, you needed to remember who you did it to, because there would be something of a retaliatry move the following weekend!
You boys get the same?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1274854)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
You boys get the same?
Like the "boys".

As I've said before the only time I've done it was when I forgot to brake at Camp (Castle Combe) in the wet and passed three cars!

You can bet if I'd done it intentionally it would have been tears all round!
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1274887)   #107
gfm
Veteran

EXACTLY my point Peter - who's to say you didn't do it intentionally? Bet you'd claim it next time at Quarry too.
"Ooh sorry - foot slipped . . !"
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1274896)   #108
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Noo, its true. I really did forget to brake!!!!

I'm just not that clever.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1275161)   #109
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy GP610
Webber will get there......sooner rather than later
I'd like to feel confident in that myself, but I have got the nastiest feeling that Webber has become flustered with the arrival of a descent team mate in Nick Heidfeld. I thought Nick would keep him honest, and, he has done a hell of a lot more than just keep him honest. I think Heidfeld will edge Webber out in the points tally, and take more podiums too.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1275276)   #110
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Webber will get a podium in the next race

Top 3 positions for San Marino GP
1.Button
2.Satto
3.Webber
Old 11 Apr 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1275279)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You have a few 'firsts' there.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1275302)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
Webber will get a podium in the next race

Top 3 positions for San Marino GP
1.Button
2.Satto
3.Webber
I hope you have money on it mabs_nsx... you will be able to buy a WilliamsF1 car with that trifecta
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1275318)   #113
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe someone said it earlier but if I were a betting man I would guess Monaco will be the first podium for Webber.

(And unless its changed with the new pits I don't think they have a podium.)
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1275319)   #114
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Their relative good Q pace, but poor race pace might not be as much as a disadvantage at Monaco.

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2005 at 09:38.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1275336)   #115
Canberra>karter
Rookie

Canberra>karter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Their relative good Q pace, but poor race pace might not be as much as a disadvantage at Monaco.
And lack of high speed aerodynamic effeciency will also be void.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1275928)   #116
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Webber has always been pretty quick there.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 05:28 (Ref:1276016)   #117
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Monaco all you need is track position. Or not even that, if you are Panis in 1996.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1276019)   #118
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment Mark is still troubled by rib cartlege damage and this limited his testing last week let hope he can get off the pain killers and get fit again then we will see what he can do.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:57 (Ref:1276816)   #119
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did he hurt his ribs? Tennis?
Seriously tho...how?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1276839)   #120
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
How did he hurt his ribs? Tennis?
Seriously tho...how?
during off season testing if my memory serve me correctly
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1277623)   #121
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was an ill-fitting seat during pre-season testing at Barcelona which did the damage.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 04:00 (Ref:1278502)   #122
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has bad luck with seats - that burned bum last year!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1278545)   #123
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I remember relaying the story to my mum last year, "Webber didn't finish the Japanese GP because he was beginning to get burned in his cockpit"
Reply: "Well that would have hurt"
Old 19 Apr 2005, 07:08 (Ref:1281837)   #124
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

no! really

Last edited by ozrevhead; 19 Apr 2005 at 07:10.