Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the SCA Bathurst 1000 in 2020?
#2 Fullwood/K.Kostecki WAU Holden 0 0%
#3 Jones/Blanchard BJR Holden 1 3.23%
#4 Smith/Perkins BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Caruso Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/W.Davison Tickford Ford 6 19.35%
#7 Heimgartner/O’Keeffe KR Ford 0 0%
#8 Percat/Randle BJR Holden 1 3.23%
#9 Reynolds/Brown Erebus Holden 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D’Alberto DJRTP Ford 1 3.23%
#14 Hazelwood/Boys BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Ford 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Slade DJRTP Ford 6 19.35%
#18 Winterbottom/Golding T18 Holden 0 0%
#19 A.Davison/Webb TSR Holden 0 0%
#20 Pye/Fiore T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Pither/Owen TSR Holden 0 0%
#25 Mostert/Luff WAU Holden 1 3.23%
#34 J.Kostecki/Goddard MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Jacobson/Russell MSR Holden 0 0%
#40 Everingham/Ojeda/Herne GRM Holden 1 3.23%
#44 Courtney/Feeney Tickford Ford 1 3.23%
#55 LeBrocq/Moffat Tickford Ford 0 0%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander 888 Holden 6 19.35%
#99 dePasquale/B.Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes 888 Holden 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4008011)   #1
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BATHURST 2020

Since this page is now dead I thought I may as well start the Bathurst thread.

2 weeks to go, lets hope for a rippa !!!!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 02:25 (Ref:4008155)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Since this page is now dead I thought I may as well start the Bathurst thread.

2 weeks to go, lets hope for a rippa !!!!
Well, Ill be locked down at home watching it all day. All weekend actually. Looking forward to it. Now the championship is settled we can have a no holds barred race.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 03:15 (Ref:4008163)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it on.

Hopefully the have the deb-ris under control this year!
Old 3 Oct 2020, 04:22 (Ref:4008167)   #4
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And no change to the Safety Car rules to bring Supercars.

Drivers will still continue to drive flat out under Safety Car conditions at all times, unless in the queue.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4008189)   #5
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

Drivers will still continue to drive flat out under Safety Car conditions at all times, unless in the queue.
To be FAIR...nothing wrong with catching up to the "train" so long as you slow and take care at sectors under local yellow...
Old 3 Oct 2020, 11:41 (Ref:4008220)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
To be FAIR...nothing wrong with catching up to the "train" so long as you slow and take care at sectors under local yellow...
Im of the same opinion. Much prefer tht to the 'Coulthard scenario'.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 14:17 (Ref:4008267)   #7
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well, Ill be locked down at home watching it all day. All weekend actually. Looking forward to it. Now the championship is settled we can have a no holds barred race.
Ditto and wifey is going away all weekend.
CANT WAIT

Let the boy loose.......................At the track I mean
Old 3 Oct 2020, 18:02 (Ref:4008305)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hanging out for it (as usual). Not able to have a group here in "Stulag Luft Lockdown" but just might have my "bubble buddy" over - have got around to getting an HDTV so it should be even more better!

Have my tee shirt ready to throw on but fervently hope that it won't be needed this year or ever again.

I'll bet that the teams are looking forward to this Bathurst a little bit more than usual too - well the Victorian-based teams anyway, who have been away from their homes since early July - really good to see their efforts recognised on Andretti's indycars this weekend.

Last edited by Tourer; 3 Oct 2020 at 18:08.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4008307)   #9
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They got those soft tyres that let everyone win?
Old 4 Oct 2020, 00:44 (Ref:4008393)   #10
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Actually there is a change.
And it will likely contribute to the problem you highlight
Old 4 Oct 2020, 05:47 (Ref:4008452)   #11
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Actually there is a change.
And it will likely contribute to the problem you highlight
What is the change?

Hopefully in line with F1 which requires drivers to maintain a minimum sector time upon the display of safety car boards.
Old 4 Oct 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4008469)   #12
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What is the change?

Hopefully in line with F1 which requires drivers to maintain a minimum sector time upon the display of safety car boards.
Nothing positive like that.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/09/30...-for-bathurst/

...however on re-reading I can see at least the lapped cars will be sent once the SC is set to return to pitlane
Old 6 Oct 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4008820)   #13
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, unless I misunderstand something, the lapped cars won't get a full lap back, rather they will be 15-20 odd seconds ahead of the pack when it goes green??
Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:14 (Ref:4008908)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
So, unless I misunderstand something, the lapped cars won't get a full lap back, rather they will be 15-20 odd seconds ahead of the pack when it goes green??
Yep, so they will be half the length of Conrod in front at the restart, but in a few laps, they might be in the way of the leaders... again...
Old 6 Oct 2020, 23:17 (Ref:4008923)   #15
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
...and when do the unlapping cars get the green flag? Presumably at the start/finish line, but after the lead pack takes the green or before?
Old 6 Oct 2020, 23:42 (Ref:4008924)   #16
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume the unlapping cars will be free to go full noise as they pass the safety car. But what's the point? Now we have a group of (probably) slower cars, and in a few laps the faster pack is gonna be backing up behind them.
Might be a long day for the SC driver...
Old 7 Oct 2020, 00:26 (Ref:4008926)   #17
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Couple of driver opinions are up on speedcafe.

Point has been made about the "buffer" of lapped cars between say 1st and 2nd being removed after working ontrack to pass those cars and creating that buffer.

But yeah, I'm more thinking how quickly the fast guys at the front will catch the slower cars and have to get passed them again. Not really fixing anything, only delaying the mix up of fast and slower drivers.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 02:25 (Ref:4008933)   #18
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
They got those soft tyres that let everyone win?
Not at Bathurst, because they would explode unfortunately! Hard tyres only for Bathurst due to the high loads.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 05:14 (Ref:4008940)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg View Post
...and when do the unlapping cars get the green flag? Presumably at the start/finish line, but after the lead pack takes the green or before?
I reckon they will be running hard from the moment they pass the SC to catch up as much as they can.
They are certainly not going to be continuing at SC speed, or even close to, once they are waved past.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:30 (Ref:4008958)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
But yeah, I'm more thinking how quickly the fast guys at the front will catch the slower cars and have to get passed them again. Not really fixing anything, only delaying the mix up of fast and slower drivers.
How quickly will that happen though? What is the difference in lap time between a front runner and back marker in the series?

Given the other options, would they have been preferable:
Don't release the lapped cars, and be criticised for having them mixed with the faster cars on the re-start?
Release the lapped cars, but keep the rest of the field behind the SC for longer and be criticised for holding up racing?
Old 7 Oct 2020, 12:56 (Ref:4008992)   #21
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
SO in other words, wait for crash and catch the laps up....hmmmmm not in the spirit for me
Old 7 Oct 2020, 21:36 (Ref:4009068)   #22
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
SO in other words, wait for crash and catch the laps up....hmmmmm not in the spirit for me
Unfortunately with the counter-productive co-driver rules, all but the top teams with expensive co-drivers continually fall behind during green flag running...

That rule has been a huge flop IMO.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 22:01 (Ref:4009074)   #23
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I reckon they will be running hard from the moment they pass the SC to catch up as much as they can.
They are certainly not going to be continuing at SC speed, or even close to, once they are waved past.
...also, I wonder at what stage the unlapping cars are permitted to race 'each other', assuming there is more than 1 car unlapping itself?
Old 8 Oct 2020, 01:59 (Ref:4009089)   #24
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Unfortunately with the counter-productive co-driver rules, all but the top teams with expensive co-drivers continually fall behind during green flag running...

That rule has been a huge flop IMO.
The rule stopped the teams running a second car with little or no chance of success.

The better co-drivers will always be spanned up by the better teams.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4009225)   #25
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
The rule stopped the teams running a second car with little or no chance of success.
I liked the A-team combinations myself!