Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jul 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3748615)   #426
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
20 seconds faster than the average car that was taking part is why i say they are out of place.

Is it fair that some cars get an advantage by having a test day, is it a coincidence that the 2 of the top 3 in qualyfying at the 12 hour took place in the Challenge. thus going forward its a must for 12 hour competitors

Does it matter if Gt3 dont take part in Challenge, surely its intention is for average Joe(or slightly better) to take his car and do laps around bathurst, not a GT3 test event.

However i think we all know what the problem is. The guy that sold the 12 hour is trying to keep his finger on the Gt3 vehicles and use them to build up his new event, while the guy that purchased the 12 hour is trying to keep the seller away.

National series, National rules

There was a Ferrari FXX planned to take part last year and that would've been faster even still. That's not a GT3 and I didn't hear anyone complaining about that car possibly participating. It's no different to any other track day. Some people go there just to cut laps, other people go there to test.

The comment about national series national rules shows how much you misunderstand the real problem here
Old 3 Jul 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3748705)   #427
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What other events are affected by this rule?

are the latest Gt3 cars turning up in state rounds of some event?
Old 3 Jul 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3748712)   #428
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
There was a Ferrari FXX planned to take part last year and that would've been faster even still. That's not a GT3 and I didn't hear anyone complaining about that car possibly participating. It's no different to any other track day. Some people go there just to cut laps, other people go there to test.

The comment about national series national rules shows how much you misunderstand the real problem here
really quotes from CAMS, seems very national to me

Quote:
The directive issued last month reads: “National Championships are sanctioned by CAMS to encourage, develop and recognise professional competition and provide a place or pathway for similar racing cars to compete fairly.
“Similarly Club Level, or grass roots competition is to provide a pathway for entry to the sport and for those who wish to compete in events where the focus is more on participation and enjoyment of the sport and not necessarily with a single desire to be performing at the highest levels of the sport.
As i mentioned, James O'brien is promoting his events using GT3 cars when he sold the rights to run Gt3 cars at bathurst to some one else. Now he is upset about it.

Based on last year, it is a small problem for everyone but James o'brien. Gt3 teams in Australia are already having enough problems getting to the events that are allowed to go to
Old 3 Jul 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3748713)   #429
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
really quotes from CAMS, seems very national to me

As i mentioned, James O'brien is promoting his events using GT3 cars when he sold the rights to run Gt3 cars at bathurst to some one else. Now he is upset about it.

Based on last year, it is a small problem for everyone but James o'brien. Gt3 teams in Australia are already having enough problems getting to the events that are allowed to go to

You still have no idea

This is bigger then CB. Those older GT3 cars that frequent the state rounds are affected by this also, they're not the latest and greatest cars that's for sure. GT4 cars are also on the restricted list which is utterly stupid as Porsche Cup cars are faster then them but aren't on the list.

It is a big problem for a lot of people. Take your head out of the sand.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3748715)   #430
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
You still have no idea

This is bigger then CB. Those older GT3 cars that frequent the state rounds are affected by this also, they're not the latest and greatest cars that's for sure. GT4 cars are also on the restricted list which is utterly stupid as Porsche Cup cars are faster then them but aren't on the list.

It is a big problem for a lot of people. Take your head out of the sand.
Are older cars on the list? Thats not my understanding.

And where are Gt4s racing?
Old 3 Jul 2017, 23:36 (Ref:3748718)   #431
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peckstar causing trouble again by arguing for the sake of arguing.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 23:43 (Ref:3748719)   #432
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Peckstar causing trouble again by arguing for the sake of arguing.
Play the post, not the man

besides all im doing is agreeing with CAMS. Its the posters on here who are arguing against it

Last edited by peckstar; 4 Jul 2017 at 00:02.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:13 (Ref:3748723)   #433
T-star
Racer

I would play the post. It it keeps getting edited

How is it fair, that if I had purchased a car with the intent of running certain events that CAMS can just make a decision all of a sudden that prevents me? It's not on the grounds of safety, it's just wrong and you know it.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3748724)   #434
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
20 seconds faster than the average car that was taking part is why i say they are out of place.

Is it fair that some cars get an advantage by having a test day, is it a coincidence that the 2 of the top 3 in qualyfying at the 12 hour took place in the Challenge. thus going forward its a must for 12 hour competitors
2 of the top 3 in qualifying were also on track the Monday after the Challenge, were they not? Should that also be banned, BMW hiring the track for their own use?

If Garth Walden turned up in his Time Attack car for CB as was planned, every GT3 would have had to get out of his way. Should he have been banned?

Why am I not surprised that Peckstar returns from bandcamp and immediately posts against the grain?
The CAMS ruling has also had an effect on both the new and used racecar market which will, in time affect race team's cash flow. Not to mention at least one competitor who has withdrawn from buying a GT4 Audi because under these new rules from CAMS he cannot run it in state series.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:24 (Ref:3748725)   #435
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
2 of the top 3 in qualifying were also on track the Monday after the Challenge, were they not? Should that also be banned, BMW hiring the track for their own use?

If Garth Walden turned up in his Time Attack car for CB as was planned, every GT3 would have had to get out of his way. Should he have been banned?

Why am I not surprised that Peckstar returns from bandcamp and immediately posts against the grain?
minor issue that you make, as was my point in that case

Im not against the grain here, im supporting CAMS. Its the posters on here who are going against the grain.

Its not even a real issue, as it hardly has any effect on anyone, apart from a few teams trying to gain an advantage and a promoter who is also trying to gain an advantage

(it was Fiji by the way, not Band camp. Bula)
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3748726)   #436
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I would play the post. It it keeps getting edited

How is it fair, that if I had purchased a car with the intent of running certain events that CAMS can just make a decision all of a sudden that prevents me? It's not on the grounds of safety, it's just wrong and you know it.
But you didnt purchase a car for that purpose, No one has. so thus its completely fair
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:42 (Ref:3748727)   #437
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

(it was Fiji by the way, not Band camp. Bula)
Noqu lolosi ki Viti.

Vanaka.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3748728)   #438
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
What other events are affected by this rule?

are the latest Gt3 cars turning up in state rounds of some event?
Other events affected include state rounds, hill climbs, sprints and arguably the Bathurst 12 hour (although that is an International event & probably outside all this CAMS shenanigans).

It doesn't really matter whether or not GT3 cars have been turning up to CB or any other events, the point is that up until this directive, they could choose to do so. Including GT4 in the directive makes no sense to me as well.

For someone with enough funds coming back to the sport, or starting off it would make sense to run your shiny new GT4 or GT3 car at state based events, work out how to deal with it and then look at national rounds. This directive from CAMS means that anyone new is forced to jump in at the deep end, which is neither good for them nor for the series (mobile chicane a la David Thexton).

I believe that to get a CAMS national licence you still need to have done 5 state events to the satisfaction of the Clerk of Course - hard to do that if CAMS won't let you run at that level. Means you'd need to hire something else to run.

The fact that 30 or so car/team owners are prepared to take CAMS on legally in addition to James O'Brien and any other event promoters speaks volumes to me - it is much more than the small issue you suggest Pecky.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 00:56 (Ref:3748730)   #439
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Noqu lolosi ki Viti.

Vanaka.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3748731)   #440
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PECKY i would have thought your strong religious beliefs would clash with being the Dalai lama of trolling?

You must not be trully devoted to the heavenly father.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3748732)   #441
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
here we go, the Brads little minions who cant argue against my points just come up with personal comments, rather than discuss the topics.

All i have done is supported CAMS point of view.

Nothing all wrong with what i have said, the points are fair, both sides have reasonable points of view

But personal attacks are not necessary
Old 4 Jul 2017, 01:45 (Ref:3748736)   #442
T-star
Racer

If CAMS backflips will you support their new stance?
Old 4 Jul 2017, 01:49 (Ref:3748737)   #443
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If CAMS backflips will you support their new stance?
Sure, their reasoning is sound, But its not perfect, just like the current structure. Pros and Cons
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3748738)   #444
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I disagree peckstar, I don't think this decision is just or valid in my opinion, events such as the challenge Bathurst among others a) provided great opportunities for teams to test prior to the 12 hour as well as other GT events and b) provided rookie and amateur drivers a sound opportunity to gain mileage around tracks instead of "jumping in the deep end" per se
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3748739)   #445
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
I disagree peckstar, I don't think this decision is just or valid in my opinion, events such as the challenge Bathurst among others a) provided great opportunities for teams to test prior to the 12 hour as well as other GT events and b) provided rookie and amateur drivers a sound opportunity to gain mileage around tracks instead of "jumping in the deep end" per se
So why didnt teams test?

and at any point, let them book winton or Spa or PI, whichever track they like and go testing, why give the few an advantage
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3748740)   #446
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their reasoning is so sound that Steve Richards is "bewildered" by it, has lost potential customers and money from car sales. ACRA has lost business. It has affected Cam McConville's plans for customers. Mark Coffey can't see the logic.

Hardly just James O'Brien being affected.

And why is James O'Brien allowing GT3/4 cars a problem? He is the promoter of the event! If people dont like that GT3/4s are running CB then they should go at Easter.

Why is CAMS not allowing GT3/4s to run outside of the GT3/4 series? It is a restraint that they have no business in enforcing. If Promotors have a problem with cars being entered, they can ban those cars. If other competitors have a problem with those cars being entered, they can take it up with the event promoters. If the promoters don't heed the competitors wishes they will lose their business. Simple

Quote:
...while the guy that purchased the 12 hour is trying to keep the seller away
Wait... What...??? CAMS bought GT3??? Or CAMS are operating in the interest of VASC and/or T. Quinn and/or a prospective buyer of both??

And to be clear, if we dont agree on a topic, we are a minion of someone else? Better not acuse people of being a minion of VASC...
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:26 (Ref:3748742)   #447
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
So why didnt teams test?

and at any point, let them book winton or Spa or PI, whichever track they like and go testing, why give the few an advantage
Ever tried booking Bathurst to test? Short version is that is not an option, plus the other tracks you mention are expensive (Spa is also very limited as like Bathurst it is a public road) compared to entering in a race meeting and getting actual race distance with other cars around you.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3748743)   #448
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Ever tried booking Bathurst to test? Short version is that is not an option, plus the other tracks you mention are expensive (Spa is also very limited as like Bathurst it is a public road) compared to entering in a race meeting and getting actual race distance with other cars around you.
Sorry, why does it have to be bathurst? Surely if its about getting miles in a car, the venue doesnt matter
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3748744)   #449
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Sorry, why does it have to be bathurst? Surely if its about getting miles in a car, the venue doesnt matter
CB is held at Bathurst, teams can run that event to get the driver and car at least partially sorted for the 12 hour or to just experience the track. It's a lot more than getting distance in a car, getting experience of each track carries many benefits.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3748746)   #450
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Venue doesn't matter for a test....

A shakedown test maybe but not a test for a specific event.