Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2160033)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ginetta g50

hey all,
i dont know how many of you have seen these things running yet but i wanted your opinion on them. without even racing other teams in the gt4 class of brit gt were asking to get them slowed down. they look and sound awesome and seem to be bloody quick. i spent most of today watchin the footy with gt racer paul o'neil and i asked about the car. he said imagine a tvr tuscan only twichtier! apparently it is the only car he has ever drove even with a great set up he is fighting the car for the whole race just due to its power!!!

looks like we finally have something to rival the old tuscan
what do you guys think?
Old 24 Mar 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2160124)   #2
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they do look and sound terrific, and I bet they'll be very fast. After all, they are really purpose built racecars, with the road version seemingly a bit of an 'afterthought' for homologation purposes. Can't wait to see them in action in the G50 championship and excited to hear that there might be a GT2 version on the cards. If I were a GT4 team owner, I would be worried!
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2160178)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the SRO have made an error by allowing them to race on slicks in British GT, rather than the treaded tyres they have to use in FIA GT4. As 'Hammerdown' suggested it is hardly likely to encourage other entries into British GT4.

For Ginetta as a company they've now got an excellent ladder from Ginetta Juniors, through the G20 Cup, G50 Cup and into GT4 or Britcar.

There is the likelihood of one or two G50s being in the Britcar 24hrs as well.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2160187)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say, the G50 has renewed my interest in GT's. There's something very exciting about LNT's 'racecar first, roadcar second' approach to this project. I shall look forward immensely to seeing full spec GT2 G50's racing at the top level against the more established marques.

Fab project, great addition to the ranks of GT's and I wish them all the luck in the world.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2160218)   #5
SimonY
Rookie

SimonY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
hey all,
i dont know how many of you have seen these things running yet but i wanted your opinion on them. without even racing other teams in the gt4 class of brit gt were asking to get them slowed down. they look and sound awesome and seem to be bloody quick. i spent most of today watchin the footy with gt racer paul o'neil and i asked about the car. he said imagine a tvr tuscan only twichtier! apparently it is the only car he has ever drove even with a great set up he is fighting the car for the whole race just due to its power!!!

looks like we finally have something to rival the old tuscan
what do you guys think?
With all respect they are hardly on the same level as the Tuscan, so he shouldn't have been fighting the power too much -

G50 (no driver): 300bhp, 945kg = 318bhp/ton
Tuscan (no driver): 450bhp, 850kg = 529bhp/ton

which just shows how mad the Tuscan was!
Old 24 Mar 2008, 13:18 (Ref:2160278)   #6
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i love the new G50, it was one of my favorite cars at oulton on last saturday, it reminds me of a TVR in the way it looks and it certainly gets 10 out of 10 for looks, they also sound good and look very quick out on track but aurally it cant match the silver aston martin N24 vantage, now that was a gorgeous sounding car, for some reason the beachdean aston N24 was very quiet.

i cant wait for the G50 to become a GT2 car though, because the GT4 G50's are lovely little things, heres hoping for the GT2 car to be just as wonderful
Old 24 Mar 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2160299)   #7
SimonY
Rookie

I personally would like to see some production cars before it is allowed into GT2.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2160329)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eeerm, it is a production car

on other news, are ginetta considering a GT3 version of the G50 or are they going to focus on their GT4 and the potentially proposed GT2 car?
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2160345)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
For GT3 they have to build 200 (?) (road?) cars.

Will the GT2 be an upgraded G50 or is it a totally new car?
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2160346)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
For GT3 they have to build 200 (?) (road?) cars.

Will the GT2 be an upgraded G50 or is it a totally new car?
I believe it's been crash tested to GT2 standard, so............
Old 24 Mar 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2160361)   #11
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/brit..._fireball.html

What a lucky escape!!

Unfortunately the car was wrecked
Old 24 Mar 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2160395)   #12
SimonY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
eeerm, it is a production car

on other news, are ginetta considering a GT3 version of the G50 or are they going to focus on their GT4 and the potentially proposed GT2 car?
Eeeerm, I mean production road cars. Because if you build a spaceframe car just for racing and are allowed to compete it is pretty unfair on every other manufacturer/team who has heavily modified their road car to make them competitive for racing. GT2/3/4 are classes designed for modified road cars not racing specials, which is what the G50 currently is.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 19:43 (Ref:2160505)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been at Oulton Park today, so I have seen them in flesh and I have to say I'm impressed. They are fantastic bits of kit, the first G50 cup race was really good entertainment with back end sliding etc and there was some close racing.