Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Sep 2004, 04:09 (Ref:1109991)   #1
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another new sponsor for LMS

From Orrcon Racing website. Some more good news for Larko and the team. I know where i will be buying my next lot of business machine consumables from!

Larkham Motor Sport Tradition continues with Imaging Technology Australia

Last Updated: 9/29/2004 1:00 PM

Since entering motorsport in 1986 V8 Supercar Team Owner Mark Larkham has always had an enviable knack for attracting non – automotive sponsors onto his Larkham Motor Sport race cars, and season 2004 has seen that tradition continue.

One of Australia’s largest and most progressive manufacturers of business machine consumables in Australasia, Imaging Technology Australia (ITA) have this week signed a three-year partnership with the Gold Coast Based team.

With V8’s Supercars broadening it’s horizons, non automotive sponsors are realising the benefits of being involved in the category.

“My Team partners Orrcon Steel Tube, DecoRug and Imaging Technology Australia are all driven to become the leaders in their respective industries, much like LMS” stated Larkham.

“This is the first time ITA has been involved in the V8 Supercar Championship and just like our other partnerships the sponsorship goes a lot further than just a name on the side of a V8 Supercar. Successful relationships rely on the integration into, and the understanding of, each others businesses and objectives. From this understanding flows specific and strategic sponsorship planning with a key outcome being the development of business to business opportunities.”

100% Australian owned and operated ITA was established in 1974 and has been involved in the office machine and imaging supplies industry since its inception.

Offering a fully integrated solution in all facets of printer consumable supply and support, the products and services offered by ITA are marketed to, and or by, major corporate and commercial companies, wholesalers, dealers, retailers, and government bodies.

“The fit with Larkham Motor Sport is ideal, because like us they achieve results over the “big teams,” said ITA Managing Director, Stephen Milburn.

Milburn’s comments were echoed by ITA’s Corporate Sales Manager John Thompson “ITA is proud to offer World Class products and services, and relish the opportunity to take on the industry related large multi-nationals, that dominate the Australian marketplace. We have the ability to achieve this by offering exceptional value achieved through innovation.”

“Because of this determined focus over the last 30 years and being 100% Australian, we believe the sponsorship of an Aussie icon such as a V8 Supercar to be ideal.”

The signing of ITA continues the momentum of Larkham Motor Sport’s successful year on the track and continues to elevate the team into the Australian corporate and mainstream business world.

The V8 Supercar Championship was last year witnessed by 1.5 million patrons trackside and another 15 million have tuned in to Network Ten’s 75+ hours of live television coverage. It is this huge mainstream exposure that underpins Australia’s premiere motor racing Championship which continues to become more attractive to potential corporate investors.

The ITA Corporate logo and retail sub-brand “Imagejet” will adorn the rear quarters of No.10 and 20 Larkham Motor Sport prepared Orrcon Racing Falcon’s when they roll out of the newly renovated pit garages at Bathurst for the first time next Thursday.

Back to Latest News

Privacy Policy l Disclaimer l © Copyright 2004 Orrcon Racing l Designed by LaunchSCM

Larko, We miss you.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 04:33 (Ref:1109994)   #2
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done to the Team
Old 29 Sep 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1110228)   #3
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear that news
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1110268)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would love for them to get a certain oil sponsor aboard.... to continue the association with M.Winterbottom!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1110291)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good news all round , but the first line puzzled me a bit should that not read 1996 ???

always good to have more spinsors coming on board however
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1110294)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Presumably 1986 was Formula Ford?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1110297)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhhhhhhh yes , probably I should have read it a bit better , it was late 95 when he joined V8's anyway wasnt it ?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1110311)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Start of 1995 was the debut of the LMS Mitre 10 Falcon....
Old 29 Sep 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1110319)   #9
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that the radical- you an't seen nothing yet car ?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1110330)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The one with the "Formula Holden tub minus the sides" in the driver's seat position....

And the miniscule wheel bearings that used to overheat...

And a number of suspension and driveline components that went beyond the bounds of even Mr Colin Chapman's weight vs speed happy balance...

But Larko got with the strength eventually.... to SBR... if I recall rightly the LMS Mitre 10 car from 1995 was eventually rebuilt and updated by SBR and onsold....
Old 29 Sep 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1110714)   #11
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always wondered what happened to that car.... anybody got any info on it?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 22:51 (Ref:1110767)   #12
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got a picture of 'that' seat?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 02:35 (Ref:1110825)   #13
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the original Mitre 10 Falcon was purchased by Danny Osbourne and was the car in which Craig Lowndes had that altercation with at Adelaide a few years ago. Could be wrong though..
Old 30 Sep 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1110919)   #14
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR a lot of the ideas first incorporated in that car are now common in the land of V8 supercar. It was a little over engineered for the cars but did get a lot of teams thinking and simple things such as the seating position which you seem to mock are now standard. 86 was his first run in formula ford (won title in 89).
p.s there is somebody...... on the Aus idol forums using GTR Magic........not you is it? saw this while my kid was on there, Wasnt me looking at it!

Last edited by Orrcon King; 30 Sep 2004 at 08:14.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1110930)   #15
onfullnoise
Rookie

onfullnoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The designer of the first larkam v8 supercar[[1995] unfortunately passed away recently .
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1111077)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Orrcon King
p.s there is somebody...... on the Aus idol forums using GTR Magic........not you is it? saw this while my kid was on there, Wasnt me looking at it!
Not me I'm afraid... I should trademark the handle huh