Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:24 (Ref:783653)   #1
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fpr Uk Development Engines???

Has Lowndes/Seton etc FPR UK Engine/s arrived in the country yet for for E C ???

It was mentioned that they wanted to run it at Eastern Creeek so they have some data for 2004 season??

Anyone heard any whispers ???

Last edited by Grimace; 14 Nov 2003 at 21:25.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 02:03 (Ref:783900)   #2
AlbertM
Rookie

AlbertM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will not see the engines this year.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 06:35 (Ref:784008)   #3
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bet we do!!! in at least one car.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:16 (Ref:784028)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With no spares... and an oily trail of smoke after the first practice session....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:29 (Ref:784038)   #5
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why so long they have had 10-11 months since theybought the team

Heck a baby can be conceived and arrive in less time
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:37 (Ref:784045)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Resources diverted to running the WRC program perhaps? Or BARF1? Or the WRC management? Or the Ferrari FIA-GT project?
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:03 (Ref:784061)   #7
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Grimace
Why so long they have had 10-11 months since theybought the team

Heck a baby can be conceived and arrive in less time
Hrt only have 1 aurora
krt none
same applys to them as they are holdens factory teams
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:18 (Ref:784073)   #8
AlbertM
Rookie

Apparently FPR are experimenting with light wieght componants that are not covered by Blueprint and as a result not lasting above 4000rpm.

Kind of dissapointing.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:18 (Ref:784074)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes but SHRT wasnt pushed to develop the aurora while the existing VX engine was good enough to win.

The ex-GSR (which are likely JSR inspired from 1998 anyway) powerplants are not what you would expect from an operation absorbing several million dollars of Ford's money
Old 15 Nov 2003, 11:14 (Ref:784180)   #10
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole FPR engine deal seems to have been a bit of wasted time and effort - with the blueprint internals becmoing mandatory from next year, exactly what did their enginers achive? they would have been better off looking at building an engine for 04 from the outset and jsut struggling though this year.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 11:32 (Ref:784193)   #11
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do any of us know whats heppening with the FPR engines exactly or is it all guess work?

Who knows, maybe they started developing lighweight internals but had failures and have now switched to 04 spec engine development hence the reason we havn'r seen them.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 11:54 (Ref:784201)   #12
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Apparently FPR are experimenting with light wieght componants that are not covered by Blueprint and as a result not lasting above 4000rpm.

Kind of dissapointing.
Albert do you actually know this or are you just repeating what was on another forum.

Light Weight components dont normally have a RPM problem but they do have a longevity issue.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 12:10 (Ref:784212)   #13
AlbertM
Rookie

From another forum mixxer.

Can anyone really believe FPR are stupid enough to develope an engine they are never going to race. My bet is they are working on getting the most out of the blueprint specs.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 02:07 (Ref:785349)   #14
Onlooker
Veteran

UK Motors for 2 cars,(probally #5,#6, Lownes and Seton) for EC,testing at Winton on Wednessday 19/11/03 and making sure all is OK.Hp figures unknown but most likely up on what they have but short of say SBR.These motors are probally running next years spec and are mearly test mules for next year.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:11 (Ref:785439)   #15
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
UK Motors for 2 cars,(probally #5,#6, Lownes and Seton) for EC,testing at Winton on Wednessday 19/11/03 and making sure all is OK.Hp figures unknown but most likely up on what they have but short of say SBR.These motors are probally running next years spec and are mearly test mules for next year.
Fantantic news!!!! Where did you get this info from??? IS it reliable????

I kinda think Lowndes might stay with the old one... Only becuase his trying to get 5th in the championship (which would be important for FPR) & they might want to go with something they know 110% will make the distance??? Both Seto & Besnard don't have much to loose in the championship if the engines go bang!!!

Last edited by Joe5619; 17 Nov 2003 at 05:13.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:29 (Ref:785447)   #16
Onlooker
Veteran

And fifth is important because?????????????
Name who came 5th the last 5 years????I think Besnards car will be getting another batch of panels instead of testing.

PS they are probally testing at PI not Winton in acordance with the rules

Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:33 (Ref:785449)   #17
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe5619
Fantantic news!!!! Where did you get this info from??? IS it reliable????

A guy I know was talking to a crew member in NZ and they were sweating on getting the truck back in time to fit them up for the test,I think that there is a few hoses etc that need to be changed over.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:34 (Ref:785450)   #18
Joe5619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
And fifth is important because?????????????
Name who came 5th the last 5 years????I think Besnards car will be getting another batch of panels instead of testing.

PS they are probally testing at PI not Winton in acordance with the rules
It is important because he is the highest place FPR driver & if FPR want to go to potential sponsors & say "we finished 5th in our first year" sounds better than “we finished 7th in our first year".. It is not going to be important in 5 or even 1 years time, but it is important for them now!!!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 05:48 (Ref:785457)   #19
Onlooker
Veteran

OK

Old 17 Nov 2003, 07:30 (Ref:785498)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Im sure he will be too busy getting a seat fitting at Lambo to notice!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:40 (Ref:785597)   #21
Joe5619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Im sure he will be too busy getting a seat fitting at Lambo to notice!!
GTR I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... Can I get that in English???
Old 17 Nov 2003, 11:22 (Ref:785681)   #22
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is important because he is the highest place FPR driver & if FPR want to go to potential sponsors & say "we finished 5th in our first year" sounds better than “we finished 7th in our first year".. It is not going to be important in 5 or even 1 years time, but it is important for them now!!!!
I'd like to read that sponsorship proposal.

Hi, we're FPR, owned by Prodrive, a succesful racing organisation across several world class categories.

We run F1 teams and rally teams and touring car teams.

It's taken us 10 months to build a handfull of pushrod, cast iron blocked V8's that haven't changed in basic design or specification for over a decade. Still haven't run one in an actual race though. We're relying on 4 year old motors, built by a guy who sold engines to our former owner.

Ford have pumped millions of dollars into our local Australian outfit and we currently employ the highest paid driver in the history of Australian motorsport.

We finished 5th in a nail biting final in this year's championship.

Please give us more money.....

Boy, let me get my chequebook out !
Old 17 Nov 2003, 19:55 (Ref:786419)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I can see the FPR boys presenting that to Mr Kruk... and voila, the chequebook comes out of the top drawer and some other obscure Ford business suddenly becomes a car sponsor... Its only funny because its so very true
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:24 (Ref:786513)   #24
Joe5619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
I'd like to read that sponsorship proposal.

Hi, we're FPR, owned by Prodrive, a succesful racing organisation across several world class categories.

We run F1 teams and rally teams and touring car teams.

It's taken us 10 months to build a handfull of pushrod, cast iron blocked V8's that haven't changed in basic design or specification for over a decade. Still haven't run one in an actual race though. We're relying on 4 year old motors, built by a guy who sold engines to our former owner.

Ford have pumped millions of dollars into our local Australian outfit and we currently employ the highest paid driver in the history of Australian motorsport.

We finished 5th in a nail biting final in this year's championship.

Please give us more money.....

Boy, let me get my chequebook out !
That story is about 85-90% better than any other team in the field can say about themselfs!!!!! Thanks David, send the cheque striaght to FPR in Vic!!! We'll get your name on the side of the car for next year!!!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 23:54 (Ref:786662)   #25
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That story is about 85-90% better than any other team in the field can say about themselfs!!!!! Thanks David, send the cheque striaght to FPR in Vic!!! We'll get your name on the side of the car for next year!!!!
Given FPR's "factory" status and Prodrive's enormous experience and technical depth I'd call it a very, very average result.

I'll hold onto my money thanks.

I'd want any company that I was a part of to associatte themselves with winners, not also rans.....