Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Jan 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3951696)   #2626
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And not much to update on the non attributed information.
Just the final location of Crees was different to that which was previously apparent. (sorry sceptic)

TeamCarDriverNotes

Words Marked   
??????FilesTR4racer
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
??????SheddenPickles
Vodafone (Motorbase)Ford Focus STButchercrmalcolm
Excelr8???Smithsceptic
??????O.Jacksonsceptic

Came to pass   
??????Suttontouring fan01
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim
HARDBMW 1-SeriesBoardleyKinger6
Speedworks/Dynamics/WSR/Laser Tools/HARD/Amd Cobra/BTC/MotorbaseChange of 1 Car???Pickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
Trade Price?Audi S3 x2???RS67
WSR???Jordantouring fan01
BTC???CookOverboost
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
BTC???ChiltonOverboost

Didn't materialise   
PMR3rd Car???Pickles
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
HARDVW CC???crmalcolm (in entry list)
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
Trade Price Cars???Hillsceptic
Excelr8???Osbornesceptic
HARD???Creessceptic

Old 15 Jan 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3951764)   #2627
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nic Hamilton has a license for 2020 so hell be in a car on a grid by looks of things
Old 15 Jan 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3951765)   #2628
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
Nic Hamilton has a license for 2020 so hell be in a car on a grid by looks of things
Doesn't mean it will be on the BTCC package though. He could be racing anywhere such as TCR etc.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3951767)   #2629
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Doesn't mean it will be on the BTCC package though. He could be racing anywhere such as TCR etc.
Hence my wording
Old 15 Jan 2020, 14:13 (Ref:3951769)   #2630
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
What about Hamilton in the 4th Hard seat? They're renowned for being able to provide drives for less budget and that was what prevented Hamilton completing the season last year......wild guess but surely not impossible?
Old 15 Jan 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3951774)   #2631
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
What about Hamilton in the 4th Hard seat? They're renowned for being able to provide drives for less budget and that was what prevented Hamilton completing the season last year......wild guess but surely not impossible?
I think Nic will suit his pink woolly bobble hat. Best wait for a publicity picture to be sure...
Old 15 Jan 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3951775)   #2632
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
shhh its a secret
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3951780)   #2633
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"Has a licence" what does this mean?
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3951781)   #2634
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
"Has a licence" what does this mean?
He has a license to race from the fia in International Class C for the year of 2020, every driver looking to enter a series must do this
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3951782)   #2635
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fact. Nic rarely has a 30 round budget.
Fact, TG signs drivers without a 30 round budget.
Fact. The CCs are the the cheapest seats on the grid by some margin.

I can see them all coming together nicely.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3951785)   #2636
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for his brother a top seat in BTCC would be just pocket money , surprised he doesn't give him some
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3951786)   #2637
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
for his brother a top seat in BTCC would be just picket money , surprised he doesn't give him some pocket money
This has been frequently addressed.

Nic does not want his brothers financial support. He wants to stand up on his own two feet and do it for himself.

Needless to say i'm sure some contscts from the F1 industry come in handy, along with the indirect support of his profile as 'Lewis's brother', but direct financial contributions are not how he wants to do it.

Good on Nic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jan 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3951789)   #2638
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
This has been frequently addressed.

Nic does not want his brothers financial support. He wants to stand up on his own two feet and do it for himself.

Needless to say i'm sure some contscts from the F1 industry come in handy, along with the indirect support of his profile as 'Lewis's brother', but direct financial contributions are not how he wants to do it.

Good on Nic.

I agree.
Having seen Nic at Donington last year and seeing how difficult he finds it getting around the paddock etc, never mind racing in the BTCC I have the utmost admiration for him for trying and without any obvious complaints.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3951790)   #2639
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I agree.

Having seen Nic at Donington last year and seeing how difficult he finds it getting around the paddock etc, never mind racing in the BTCC I have the utmost admiration for him for trying and without any obvious complaints.
There is this which I completely agree with, but also that in the Motorbase Focus, which was seen as a bit of a tough car to drive, Nic actually really impressed on track too in 2019. Rarely caught up in incidents, and had a few strong performances.

Mind you, if he's in a Hard VW, he may have it tough.

Old 15 Jan 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3951794)   #2640
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
There is this which I completely agree with, but also that in the Motorbase Focus, which was seen as a bit of a tough car to drive, Nic actually really impressed on track too in 2019. Rarely caught up in incidents, and had a few strong performances.

Mind you, if he's in a Hard VW, he may have it tough.
All the props and support in the world for him... but, if he struggled to break into the top 20 / 25 in the Focus, he's going to struggle far more this year, barring any considerable improvements with the VW.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3951803)   #2641
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He has a license to race from the fia in International Class C for the year of 2020, every driver looking to enter a series must do this
To be picky not everyone needs an International C license.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3951811)   #2642
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands Hatch will look a little bit different.

https://twitter.com/racecircuitinfo/...159628800?s=21
Old 15 Jan 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3951817)   #2643
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
All the props and support in the world for him... but, if he struggled to break into the top 20 / 25 in the Focus, he's going to struggle far more this year, barring any considerable improvements with the VW.
Being in the car in itself is an achievement. I don't do PC, but the young man is disabled and his skin colour is not white. That's two bloody great doors he's kicked down, and all under his own steam.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3951821)   #2644
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Being in the car in itself is an achievement. I don't do PC, but the young man is disabled and his skin colour is not white. That's two bloody great doors he's kicked down, and all under his own steam.
Yes, I completely agree, and as I said, complete respect to him. But he's got a very, very difficult job to get anything out of the VW.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3951829)   #2645
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
To be picky not everyone needs an International C license.
in all honesty getting international c is not that hard, the vast majority of club racers that have been around a few years will hold one... to put licensing into laymans terms

pass ards test nat b probationary (you have a black X on a yellow background, complete so many races (think it is 6) and get signed off by the clerk you lose the big X and have nat B, then you compete in 6 events and get signatures by the clerk and you can apply for nat A, To attain this licence you must demonstrate successful participation in three National ‘A’ Races or two National ‘A’ plus two National ‘B’ or Clubman Races or six National ‘B’ or Clubman Races. The qualifying signatures must be obtained at three different venues.

please note if you have a habit of writing off cars and appearing on crash the clerk might not give you a signature, ditto if your driving standards means you enjoy tea and biscuits with the clerk on a regular basis
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3951832)   #2646
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I am inclined to agree Evantra.

However, even though this is the VWs swansong I believe better results than have been achieved since the JP and Colin days at BMR are within reach.

Why?

Goff is handy. He's now peddled it for a year so knows the car and where it's weaknesses are. He's reputedly good at communication with engineers.

Bushy is a fine engineer and better peddler than many.

If these two work together well and enjoy similar setups I think it's possible to find some performance gains. A little bit here and a little bit there. The grid is close so a tenth here or there could be the difference between mid grid and back row.

What Jake Hill & co. achieved with the previously abysmal Audi last year proves that the right people (and a sprinkling of cash) can make a car work in BTCC.

I'm not writing #HARD off yet.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3951833)   #2647
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
in all honesty getting international c is not that hard, the vast majority of club racers that have been around a few years will hold one... to put licensing into laymans terms

pass ards test nat b probationary (you have a black X on a yellow background, complete so many races (think it is 6) and get signed off by the clerk you lose the big X and have nat B, then you compete in 6 events and get signatures by the clerk and you can apply for nat A, To attain this licence you must demonstrate successful participation in three National ‘A’ Races or two National ‘A’ plus two National ‘B’ or Clubman Races or six National ‘B’ or Clubman Races. The qualifying signatures must be obtained at three different venues.

please note if you have a habit of writing off cars and appearing on crash the clerk might not give you a signature, ditto if your driving standards means you enjoy tea and biscuits with the clerk on a regular basis
Why is this a story? He will have had an Int C since he drove for AmD Audi .
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3951834)   #2648
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Goff is handy. He's now peddled it for a year so knows the car and where it's weaknesses are. He's reputedly good at communication with engineers.

Bushy is a fine engineer and better peddler than many.

If these two work together well and enjoy similar setups I think it's possible to find some performance gains. A little bit here and a little bit there. The grid is close so a tenth here or there could be the difference between mid grid and back row.

What Jake Hill & co. achieved with the previously abysmal Audi last year proves that the right people (and a sprinkling of cash) can make a car work in BTCC.

I'm not writing #HARD off yet.
I really hope so too. Fingers crossed!
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3951835)   #2649
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The 'story' is that he has received his 2020 licence and posted a picture of it on his Instagram feed. As I'm sure you you know, nobody has ever posted a picture like before, which obviously makes it huge news.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3951836)   #2650
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think some posters have got a bit in a twist over this, and the original story has been lost.

S700UBO - Nic Hamilton has renewed his license for 2020.
Johno.UK - Doesn't mean it's for BTCC.
billy bleach - ?
S700UBO - all drivers need a Int C License.
Johno.UK - to be picky, not all need Int C.
aland - route to Int C is....

So in summary, the story is that Nic Hamilton has renewed his license for 2020.
This might not mean a seat in BTCC, but it is a strong likelihood he'll be racing somewhere. It backs up his own comment when he withdrew in 2019 - 'See you in 2020, where I will be hungrier and stronger than ever.'

Having been on the BTCC grid in 2019, and driving in Motorsport in 2020, it's not a huge stretch to reach the conclusion that he is now likely to return to the 2020 BTCC grid.

The routes to his license, funding stream, entitlement and challenges are not really the story here - just that a lot of indicators suggest he's back.

#DE086A, #95D600