Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 24 Jan 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3496344)   #76
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't think so, but it will be running from the smeg pit
Old 24 Jan 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3496388)   #77
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
According to TV3 news Mitch Cunningham will be racing a V8ST at Hampton Downs.
Not Mitch as in Cunningham but as in 'Evans".

Mitch will run the Melbourne Performance Car VE Commodore last run here by Paul Ceprnich, with Ashly Walsh the last Australian renta driver's driver's to sit behind the wheel.

The car has been in my workshop for a little over a year, and will be give the once over by the Smeg racing team, in the next few day's to ensure its essentially identical to Simon car, so expect it to be just a quick out of the box, although the engine had never been blue-printed and as such it is a true crate-engine with only the V8ST dry-sump system bolted on, however, the car has never lacked for pace. pun intended.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 24 Jan 2015 at 23:14.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3496389)   #78
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the clarification Mark.
I think ab must be referring to a tv3 stuffup. I didn't see the article myself but I am guessing there was a mixup.
Unless of course ab made a type-o?
Will be interesting to see if there is much sibling rivalry between the two and i hope Mitch enjoys his weekend.

Dont forget too thats its Andres last hit out before he becomes the next kiwi SC driver..
Old 25 Jan 2015, 04:26 (Ref:3496674)   #79
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I'll own that cock up, I got my Mitch's mixed up.
Old 25 Jan 2015, 04:40 (Ref:3496679)   #80
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Mark.
I think ab must be referring to a tv3 stuffup. I didn't see the article myself but I am guessing there was a mixup.
Will be interesting to see if there is much sibling rivalry between the two and i hope Mitch enjoys his weekend.

Dont forget too thats its Andres last hit out before he becomes the next kiwi SC driver..
STFan... Shaun very, very rarely gets it wrong.. he is obsessive when it comes to getting his facts right.. that's why he is one of the best journo's around.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3497893)   #81
tailgater
Rookie

tailgater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheating?

what level of rule breaking do you guys think goes on in the V8ST championship? I think every championship has always had an element of technical infringements but there have never been anyone disqualified for a car based breach of rules, obviously on track and in pit penalties have been dished out but I find it hard to believe all the cars on the grid are absolutely 'in spec' as per the series regulations, do officials turn a blind eye? Or are strong personalities in the series allowed to do what they want because the series owner/promoter can't afford any cars to pull out? Thoughts fellas?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3498215)   #82
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i'll take a punt.. and say level 3. if we're grading by colours.. i'll go with level green.

the lack of posts in here a few days out from a meeting is unusual? we don't even have a weather report for the weekend?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3498222)   #83
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a quick look at the JMR/ Gibson Motorsport news letter the ST Falcon appears to be parked up.

JMR has moved to Auckland with plans for a new motorsport project.
Is JM going to take up drifting?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3498226)   #84
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
Is JM going to take up drifting?
in a Ferrari?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3498367)   #85
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 3 key sentences in the JMR newsletter.

" In December last year we (JMR) relocated all of the JMR equipment to Auckland. In the coming months we will detail our plans for a new motor racing project that will be a first for our team, partners and fans.

Unfortunately JMR and Team Gibson Motorsport have been unable to secure the necessary budget to continue in the 2014-2015 NZ SuperTourer Series for Mark Gibson."
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3498381)   #86
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seven SuperTourers confirmed for this weekend. D'Alberto, Edgell, Evans, Evans, Cunningham, Varney and Storey.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3498384)   #87
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
Seven SuperTourers confirmed for this weekend. D'Alberto, Edgell, Evans, Evans, Cunningham, Varney and Storey.
Wow...
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3498387)   #88
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
that doesn't look good! why so low? calendar too long? cars too expensive? lack of interest in general?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3498388)   #89
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
The 3 key sentences in the JMR newsletter.

" In December last year we (JMR) relocated all of the JMR equipment to Auckland. In the coming months we will detail our plans for a new motor racing project that will be a first for our team, partners and fans.

Unfortunately JMR and Team Gibson Motorsport have been unable to secure the necessary budget to continue in the 2014-2015 NZ SuperTourer Series for Mark Gibson."
watch this space, huh?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3498396)   #90
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow, that's a crap turn out. What about Andre Heimgartner & Chris Hanley?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3498403)   #91
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
has ST publicly released the drivers list? if they haven't.. they might want to today.. otherwise they'll end up with plenty of angry fans on the weekend expecting to see twice as many cars.. if not more.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3498433)   #92
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
Forgot about Heimgartner, so make that eight.

John McIntyre was unable to transfer the sponsorship from him to Mark it seems, so the car is currently sitting with the owner as I understand. M3 pulled the plug as I'm sure all of you already know. I spoke to Richard a while back and he said he was still trying to get sponsorship. Not sure what the deal is with Hanley, probably just doesn't have the funds.

Promax, the entry list for all classes was released yesterday in the Herald's 'Driven' magazine.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3498438)   #93
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Cheers 20b
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3498441)   #94
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Promax, the entry list for all classes was released yesterday in the Herald's 'Driven' magazine.
Is this available electronically on only distributed within the Auckland region ?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3498449)   #95
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Is this available electronically on only distributed within the Auckland region ?
It was released yesterday, so I getting your hands on it might be tricky. There's nothing on the SuperTourer website as yet.

Support classes include Star Touring cars (5), Porsche Club Racing (20), Hyosung Motorcycle Series (22), Formula First (21), SsangYongs (heaps).

The meeting really should've been pushed as a TRS meeting with a field of eighteen single seaters.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3498462)   #96
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Agree 20b, and yes the entry form can be found on...

http://www.nzsupertourers.co.nz/rush...es-entry-list/

This is a s**t state of affairs, it has to be said. I always knew that this sprint season would be rubbish, but I didn't think they would get to single digits. 8 cars, c'mon, even if you have to lend some cars to drivers for free, or whatever, you can't keep pulling the wool over the publics eyes with BS statements in your newsletters and your website. ST told all and sundry at the test day to expect up to 12 cars, even that's not acceptable, but its not the end of the world.

I saw a promotional sign perpendicular to the motorway (SH1) just before Ramarama turn-off (great positioning that one - FFS, you have to turn your head 90 degrees to see the thing, at a 100kmh, on SH1 motorway - good one whoever put that up!), anyway it is promoting this weekends event, and guess who is sitting in the middle of the shot of drivers....Murph. St have to realise that the public are not dumb. If you put a poster up with Murphs face all over it promoting the Waikato 250, then people are going to expect to see Murph. Whoever does the marketing/promotion of this series is clearly inadequate to do the job. I could do a better job promoting the series than this person. Its just a joke and it is embarrassing to the sport as whole. You just cannot, in any way, take the p**s out of the paying public who you are trying to attract to your event.

Expect next to no-one being there as they try to go head to head with men in shorts with the NRL 9s on the same weekend.

The gloves are off as far as I am concerned and I have had enough with this categories management turning what was once a great series (like only 2 years ago for crying out loud) into the mess we see today.

I am just glad that the $$ I have put in as a sponsor is not that much in the grand scheme of things. I would be furious if I was a naming rights sponsor.

If they don't start to turn this around for the 15/16 season then its good bye, Georgie Pie...

Signed
One p******d of STfan
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3498482)   #97
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agree 20b, and yes the entry form can be found on...

http://www.nzsupertourers.co.nz/rush...es-entry-list/

This is a s**t state of affairs, it has to be said. I always knew that this sprint season would be rubbish, but I didn't think they would get to single digits. 8 cars, c'mon, even if you have to lend some cars to drivers for free, or whatever, you can't keep pulling the wool over the publics eyes with BS statements in your newsletters and your website. ST told all and sundry at the test day to expect up to 12 cars, even that's not acceptable, but its not the end of the world.

Signed
One p******d of STfan
Stu, you of all people should know that NZ Supertourers does not own any car's, so who do you think should lend their cars for free???

Seriously Stu, please, please put your brain into gear before you write such post's.

Toyota and Ssangyong own race cars and they can lend cars to people because it's a manufacturer's Series. Which is why Kenny Smith is driving one of our SRS Actyon Sport Utes this weekend.

Lastly whilst its very disappointing for all concerned, don't think that there wont be 3 Supertourers racers over the weekend well worth watching, some serious talent out there and at least 6 of the 8 drivers will be planing on winning, and rightly so when you look at the pedigree.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3498483)   #98
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wonder who the wildcard entry is. I'm sitting here absolutely fizzing with anticipation.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 01:03 (Ref:3498506)   #99
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was released yesterday, so I getting your hands on it might be tricky. There's nothing on the SuperTourer website as yet.

Support classes include Star Touring cars (5), Porsche Club Racing (20), Hyosung Motorcycle Series (22), Formula First (21), SsangYongs (heaps).

The meeting really should've been pushed as a TRS meeting with a field of eighteen single seaters.
None of those classes have would have any appeal on a pure 'damn those cars are hot' scale.

And with 8 ST running, how on earth do you expect people to want to pay to go to that meeting? Or bother watching TV?

Hate to be negative, but it's hard to get excited by lines up like that, which seem to be becoming more common.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3498511)   #100
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Ugy I think the wildcard was Mitch Evans....i think anyway.