Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 May 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4048935)   #51
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JAS/Honda supposedly had a car in the works, too.
Old 4 May 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4049571)   #52
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luca Filippi is the second driver in the Romeo Ferraris team.

He has struggled until now in Touring Car. A very bad TCR Europe campaign in 2019 and only a top10 finish last season in WTCR. He was a great formula driver so I hope he will find a better feeling in these RWD ETCR cars
Old 16 Jun 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4056680)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The organisers of PURE ETCR have confirmed a twelve-driver full season entry for the inaugural season for the new electric touring car series ahead of the season opener this weekend at Vallelunga.

PURE ETCR full season entry:
3 – Tom Chilton – Hyundai Motorsport N – Hyundai Veloster N ETCR
5 – Mattias Ekström – Zeng? Motorsport X Cupra – Cupra e-Racer
6 – Oli Webb – Romeo Ferraris / M1RA – Alfa Romeo Giulia ETCR by Romeo Ferraris
8 – Augusto Farfus – Hyundai Motorsport N – Hyundai Veloster N ETCR
13 – Rodrigo Baptista – Romeo Ferraris / M1RA – Alfa Romeo Giulia ETCR by Romeo Ferraris
25 – Luca Filippi – Romeo Ferraris / M1RA – Alfa Romeo Giulia ETCR by Romeo Ferraris
27 – John Filippi – Hyundai Motorsport N – Hyundai Veloster N ETCR
28 – Jordi Gené – Zeng? Motorsport X Cupra – Cupra e-Racer
69 – Jean-Karl Vernay – Hyundai Motorsport N – Hyundai Veloster N ETCR
88 – Stefano Coletti – Romeo Ferraris – M1RA – Alfa Romeo Giulia ETCR by Romeo Ferraris
96 – Mikel Azcona – Zeng? Motorsport X Cupra – Cupra e-Racer
99 – Dániel Nagy – Zeng? Motorsport X Cupra – Cupra e-Racer
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...-season-entry/
Old 18 Jun 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4056973)   #54
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
12 cars is a very good number to start! I'll keep and eye on this first meeting to see how these races will be
Old 18 Jun 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4056979)   #55
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
12 cars is a very good number to start! I'll keep and eye on this first meeting to see how these races will be
Twelve drivers - only six cars
Old 18 Jun 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4056986)   #56
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Ouch!

Anyway let's see... The worrying factor is the weight of these car. Hope for good racing

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 19 Jun 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4057122)   #57
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I've not been following the build up to this, but did manage to catch the first race this morning, or should that be "battle 1" as I believe they are calling it. It wasn't terrible, but also wasn't what I would call entertaining. The whole idea of splitting the field into separate 'battle groups' to hide the lack of cars is hideously contrived

I watched the short video on their YouTube channel to explain the groups and grid and I'm more confused that I was before. Grid positions are determined by a random draw, except when a driver can pick his own grid position? Then there was something about a Willy Wonka golden ticket, two-eyed jacks are wild and roll a six to start. And people complain that the BTCC has too many gimmicks.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4057178)   #58
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has potential, there were some very good flashes of excitement... but

Not with such poor organization. Sound problmes, technical problems with gates, poor scheduling, audio stream instead of the livestream etc.

They need to fix these issues if they want the championship to succeed in the future
Old 19 Jun 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4057184)   #59
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I checked in to see what it was all about and the series had 12 views. Its a start.
Old 19 Jun 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4057192)   #60
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I've not been following the build up to this, but did manage to catch the first race this morning, or should that be "battle 1" as I believe they are calling it. It wasn't terrible, but also wasn't what I would call entertaining. The whole idea of splitting the field into separate 'battle groups' to hide the lack of cars is hideously contrived

I watched the short video on their YouTube channel to explain the groups and grid and I'm more confused that I was before. Grid positions are determined by a random draw, except when a driver can pick his own grid position? Then there was something about a Willy Wonka golden ticket, two-eyed jacks are wild and roll a six to start. And people complain that the BTCC has too many gimmicks.
Maybe "Pure" is meant to be an ironic name?
Old 19 Jun 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4057206)   #61
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I wanted to create a stronger anti-advertising for electro-mobiles, I won't succeed. These "cars", almost twice as heavy as ususal ones, drive for the time needed to boil a kettle only. I've heard electric cross didn't get much applause too.
When will those marketologiests understand at last that electricity is good for golf carts and milkman-cabs. It's good for drag "racing". Not for racing. They had Jaguar Cup already. It was a great example of the future we all stepping in.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4057407)   #62
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
After all that the 2 finals were actually quite good, especially the B final. Just a shame that they have to spent two days twatting around just to get a couple of ten minute races.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4057418)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't know this was on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/PUREETCR

Except for the sound the cars a fun to watch.
The race format is not really my cup of tea but assume that's because of battery limits and lack of cars.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4057575)   #64
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think YouTube is a good place for the series. I never really warm to electric racing because of the sound, but hey each to their own. I did enjoy the Jaguar E-tron. We'll see how well this series goes
Old 22 Jun 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4057791)   #65
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seemed to be a lot of punctures over the event.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4058857)   #66
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched Highlights on Youtube...

Never seen such boring things with touring cars....3 cars on the track, i don't see there 600hp. Nothing exciting (ok, not always exciting in WTCR too)...

I think, that they like to show us (like in Formula E & Extreme-E), that life is not worth to live with e-mobility
Than it is a good way to show that!!!!
Old 29 Jun 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4058905)   #67
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried watching an onboard - as soon as I heard the 'sound', I turned it off!
Old 30 Jun 2021, 00:27 (Ref:4058953)   #68
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Argentine Super TC2000 had two-driver, one-lap duels.

Crashes were too expensive to be sustainable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-28q-wC4w