Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4081127)   #2951
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The WHT has always been a great event. Hope you guys all have a great time. Always great to see those old FFords and the like out there and on a circuit layout that always produces close racing
Old 2 Nov 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4081135)   #2952
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Planning to do both days; should be fun.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4081142)   #2953
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My Alexis 18B. I have owned this car for 30 years. Bought for £850.00.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4081151)   #2954
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual, the circus moves from the Festival to the Walter Hayes. The top 9 in the Festival Final were separated by 2.3s. Every year I'm in awe of the closeness of the racing at the WHT, especially as there is minimal contact.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4081161)   #2955
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The festival at Brands was a great spectacle this year despite the miserable conditions both Saturday and Sunday mornings, some perennial favourites in the finals with the 2 USA academy drivers doing particularly well. The final itself was a real close battle but as usual only a handful of spectators watching the action. Personally I've stopped attending the WHT on the basis that the venue is so depressing. Good luck to all those taking part.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4081294)   #2956
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Having found a nice pair of Italian 45's, negotiated a price, and subsequently sold my Mint early 60's 40 DCOE 2's, I've been let down by the seller who sold them to someone else . . .so . . . .anyone got a pair of DCOE 45's they want to part with ? happy to refurb.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4081318)   #2957
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's so annoying when that happens. Any reason why he changed his mind on selling it? Hope you find a pair of 45's soon enough!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4081338)   #2958
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Well, Having found a nice pair of Italian 45's, negotiated a price, and subsequently sold my Mint early 60's 40 DCOE 2's, I've been let down by the seller who sold them to someone else . . .so . . . .anyone got a pair of DCOE 45's they want to part with ? happy to refurb.
just checked my stash but sadly only have 3 DCOE40s, sorry.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4081347)   #2959
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Joe, I sent a message to soemone who… Will let you know.

Buuut, if my memory serves the DCOM (marking showing DCO only) found on some Pug' like 205 Rallye and the equivalent Citroën were 45 at the entry and 40 at the butterfly. May be worth considering because you have the know how and the tooling. They work fine, no issue reported only running too rich.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4081348)   #2960
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be time to change the butterfly angle?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4081414)   #2961
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
They were on fleabay, made direct contact, agreed a deal, he relisted and they sold for an extra £50, which ebay will get!
Old 4 Nov 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4081415)   #2962
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Joe, I sent a message to soemone who… Will let you know.

Buuut, if my memory serves the DCOM (marking showing DCO only) found on some Pug' like 205 Rallye and the equivalent Citroën were 45 at the entry and 40 at the butterfly. May be worth considering because you have the know how and the tooling. They work fine, no issue reported only running too rich.
There are some out there, for modern 16v engines with different/extra progression holes drilled, so won't work nicely on a semi asthmatic 8v pushrod engine.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4081445)   #2963
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Found a pair. Italian 9's hopefully there serviceable.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 23:12 (Ref:4081560)   #2964
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
They were on fleabay, made direct contact, agreed a deal, he relisted and they sold for an extra £50, which ebay will get!
Ebay strikes again! You have got to wonder about some people haven't you? As you say, if subsequently sold through ebay, most of the extra he got will go to ebay via their grossly over-the-top fees!

A perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face...
Old 4 Nov 2021, 23:32 (Ref:4081566)   #2965
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't sold on eBay for years, and apart from using it as a superstore for new stuff I haven't bought much either. I find Facebook marketplace better these days, and it's free.

Mind you, I have to put up with the moronic standard messages from people who are too lazy to type.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 5 Nov 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4081588)   #2966
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I haven't sold on eBay for years, and apart from using it as a superstore for new stuff I haven't bought much either. I find Facebook marketplace better these days, and it's free.

Mind you, I have to put up with the moronic standard messages from people who are too lazy to type.

Agreed! It's painful! whilst renovating the house and 'upcycling' a few things ( Art deco bathroom suite and a few bits of furniture . . ..we actually made the decision to bin/dontate certain things to avoid all the incoherent riff-raff!
Old 5 Nov 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4081592)   #2967
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOL. Yeah most are people offering me a fraction of what I want "I can collect today". Called one bloke's bluff once and said yes - never heard from him

Old 5 Nov 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4081594)   #2968
S griffin
Veteran

That's why it's usually better to do these things face to face. But Ebay still has it's advantages, if you can avoid those who muck you around
Old 5 Nov 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4081608)   #2969
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Joe I've just come back from sunny Spain last night and will have a look in my "carburettor chest" in the workshop over the weekend, I seem to remember that you had a pair off of me a few years back ?
I am having a bit of a clear out of Kent engines/gearboxes including race parts allied to them, I might break the Anglia unless someone makes an offer? it is still complete but really needs a rebuild.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4081613)   #2970
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Joe I've just come back from sunny Spain last night and will have a look in my "carburettor chest" in the workshop over the weekend, I seem to remember that you had a pair off of me a few years back ?
I am having a bit of a clear out of Kent engines/gearboxes including race parts allied to them, I might break the Anglia unless someone makes an offer? it is still complete but really needs a rebuild.
The other day I was only thinking back to a time when I treated my Indian newsagent, Raj, & his young son to a day out at Brands Hatch, an end-of-season clubbie, & the boy's favourite car was 'Harry Potter's' car -ie a Ford Anglia which I think might have been yours.

It would have been about 2002 - is that possible, Gordon?

Sadly Raj lost his battle with cancer earlier this year. A lovely man who would do anything for anyone.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4081621)   #2971
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember Gordon winning the Victor Meldrew trophy about 10 years ago.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4081638)   #2972
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
The other day I was only thinking back to a time when I treated my Indian newsagent, Raj, & his young son to a day out at Brands Hatch, an end-of-season clubbie, & the boy's favourite car was 'Harry Potter's' car -ie a Ford Anglia which I think might have been yours.

It would have been about 2002 - is that possible, Gordon?

Sadly Raj lost his battle with cancer earlier this year. A lovely man who would do anything for anyone.
It could have been as it is my nearest and favourite tracks and I won an awful lot of races there over a long period in motor racing.
My Anglia is coloured in Triumph magenta with a wide white stripe running the length of the car on top of the bonnet/roof/boot.
However there was and still is a lot of Anglia's racing
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4081643)   #2973
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is an open question regarding the 90/180 length of stay in the Eurozone for us Brits.
I have my ideas but they seem to conflict with others including some so called official calculators on the internet, so come on you brainboxes what do you think ?
We went from 5th June until 17th July and then 4th October until 4th November this year, so if we book a flight for the 1st of January 2022 how long could we stay for ?
Old 5 Nov 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4081644)   #2974
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It could have been as it is my nearest and favourite tracks and I won an awful lot of races there over a long period in motor racing.
My Anglia is coloured in Triumph magenta with a wide white stripe running the length of the car on top of the bonnet/roof/boot.
However there was and still is a lot of Anglia's racing
Yes, I know your car but it was a long time ago - I'll have to try & dig the programme out
Old 5 Nov 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4081646)   #2975
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
This is an open question regarding the 90/180 length of stay in the Eurozone for us Brits.
I have my ideas but they seem to conflict with others including some so called official calculators on the internet, so come on you brainboxes what do you think ?
We went from 5th June until 17th July and then 4th October until 4th November this year, so if we book a flight for the 1st of January 2022 how long could we stay for ?
I read something the other day about some Spanish politicians (Valencia, I think) wanting to get the rules relaxed because they are rather missing the Brits, or at least their money!

Of course, whether they have any luck with the dumb-asses in Brussels is another matter!
Closed Thread