Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 May 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4052486)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stoke Row Motorsport Day and Maharajah Tour 18 July 2021

Calendar link is here. You can set a reminder.
https://tentenths.com/forum/calendar...getinfo&e=5955
Old 21 May 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4052514)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Peter.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4056382)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bad news from No 10 today.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4056396)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given we're running kart races, and that spectators are allowed into Castle Combe, surely there's something that can be done? Our local Lions group ran a classic car display on the town green on Sunday too.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jun 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4056398)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Bad news from No 10 today.
It shouldn't make any difference, there's spectators at sports meetings now and I've been going to different car meets for the last few weeks.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4056400)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed plenty of spectators at Thruxton. I'm just.not.sure what.it.means for road runs etc.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4056424)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Road runs should be fine. Can't be more social distanced than your own car on a public road!

Old 15 Jun 2021, 05:12 (Ref:4056460)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have. decided to cancel show but the tour is still full steam ahead . We have 30 cars entered already .
Old 15 Jun 2021, 05:52 (Ref:4056464)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sad, same as last year then.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4056471)   #10
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That’s a real shame, I’m entered in the Maharajah’s Tour and highly recommend it to anyone who likes driving around Oxford’s picturesque countryside with a fragrant passenger for a couple of hours.

Go on, give it a go, you may just enjoy it and it’s for a great cause!
Old 15 Jun 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4056472)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Of course some of the narrow lanes create fragrant drivers too. we are also entered.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4056478)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

That's a shame. Onwards to 2022 then!

Old 15 Jun 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4056480)   #13
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course some of the narrow lanes create fragrant drivers too. we are also entered.
Are you taking the new steed?
Old 15 Jun 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4056497)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Probably not. The MG is much more suited to tramping around country lanes.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 06:32 (Ref:4059880)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Latest news is that we have 60 confirmed entries. The Craven team are looking for 70, so still space if anyone fancies a late entry.
Old 15 Jul 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4061134)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Latest news is that we have 60 confirmed entries. The Craven team are looking for 70, so still space if anyone fancies a late entry.
Same arrangements as last year or, given the changes to constraints that may be available from the following day, something a little more flexible at the finish?

Mind you, still a few days to go during which a policy U-turn might be applied.

Meanwhile ....

The campus in a local village where my eldest grandson is at school has a nursery, pre-school, junior school and ... an Academy for 8 years of "young adults" whose education has now been disrupted, often, for one and a healf education years.

At the moment, with about 2 weeks of the year left and no one in the Academy very interested in being there (including the teachers some suspect) the entire senior school seems to suddenly have been unlucky enough to have enough people testing positive in each of the age based years that it has been shut down for the rest of the term. Thank heavens that the past year of testing has finally proven worthwhile.

In theory, the students and teachers will all be at home in self-isolation mode and, presumably, their families and any other associated people with them.

Hopefully all will be well (and isolation requirements over) by the time the pre-booked "official school holiday period" holidays come around.

Then there is this:

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...covid-19-tests
Old 16 Jul 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4061152)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just printed off the final instructions and route book. Going towards Abingdon so appropriate to take the MGB. Looks like a good day out and looking forward to seeing my co pilots Delta and MG David. Also will be good to catch up with Cliff and swap XJS stories.

See you all Sunday.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4061171)   #18
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Looking forward to catching up, like Peter. Have just looked through directions & some are quite confusing, but i'm sure Mrs R will decipher them ok.

Weather looks good, all shaping up to be a thoroughly enjoyable day
Old 16 Jul 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4061294)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish I could join you but will be at a rival event 100 miles away. Can't really duck out as I'm on the committee of the organising club, the same clash kept me away from the last Maharajah's but maybe I'll enjoy a dram from one of the splendid crystal tumblers from years gone by. Win-win Have a great day everyone!
Old 18 Jul 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4061856)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good to see Delta and Gill, Cliff and Melanie and David and Jackie, not to mention Mary Bell today. A good event and an interesting route. Had to travel at more than 50mph to get the air con working . Sadly the pub was fully booked on return so headed home and watched the GP. Non racing Sundays don't get much better.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4061916)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thank you again for all your support. I really wish I had stuck my neck out and had run the show. We had plenty of cars turning up even though I had cancelled a few weeks ago.,Lost track of the many phone calls I had asking if the show was on and how disappointed people were when I told them it had been cancelled. Fantastic turn out of cars for the tour. Sorry but my favorite is still the Delorean. MGB and XJS are a close second.
Lets move on now to the Classic and BBQ. Thanks again. and special thanks to Grant who came all the way down from Donington to take the photos .Iain.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4061922)   #22
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Another great day, thanks to Iain & the rest of his organising team. Good to catch up with everyone, just a shame the pub was so busy at the end as it meant everyone went their separate ways after the tour.

Highly recommended, give it a try next year, you might just enjoy it!
Closed Thread