Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 Jul 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1662722)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Mega World Superbike Thread (Spoilers)

Brno, Race One:

Wow, Bayliss got knifed by Regis at the first corner and the Kagayama stalked Tose until Ukio just CHECKED OUT! Man, what speed he has. I wonder if tyre choice is all that is holding Corser back?

Did my eyes decive me or did Lanzi put the boot into one of his mechanics?

Championship now a little bit closer.

Brno: WSS

Well done to Yamaha Germany, great work by Kev and Broc.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1662779)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a finish to Race 2!

But why was Kagayama waved through?
Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1662844)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it was the weekend of Fabrizio .. he seems to outshine Foret in WSBK

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1664384)   #4
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
What a finish to Race 2!

But why was Kagayama waved through?
I reckon Nori hoped he could hang on and do a banzai move on the last lap, but Yukio's speed and Nori's shot tyres blew that.

Paul M
Old 25 Jul 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1664499)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Nori was really trying but he had nothing left in his tyres. But what a run by Yukio...
Old 25 Jul 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1664507)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Practically doubled his points in one weekend.

I love Yukio, I really do. But his season has been nothing short of naff. Brno showed that on his day he is unstoppable. Please, let's see more!

I want one-two-three's with Bayliss, Kagayama and Haga alternating places on the podium.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1664546)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think thats a bit harsh on Kag, he has been injured most of the year and his speed at Brno was down to him doing all the LAstare test work the week before as Troy was sick!
But Pirelli wouldnt let anoyone use those tyres at the meeting proper!
Kag has the speed, just needs what he has done to get back up there i think.
Dunno about Ducatio, dont care about Lanzi, bloke should never have got the ride anyway, total waste of space, was clearly on a very very special bike last year to win arces on it, i think Tardozzi just wanted Toseland out and put Lanzi on some kind of 06 rocketship to make the deal easier!
Fabrizio great, but what a loonyey that last corner stuff was madness, and Corser and even Nori let him know it too! But it proves that you can mix it on a semi private bike. Makes Barros, Rolfo, Xaus, Walker, Laconi, Foret all look a biut tame for me if he can get two podiums!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1664554)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's Japanese, he's supposed to go faster when hurt!
Old 26 Jul 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1664614)   #9
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Makes Barros (snip ) all look a biut tame for me if he can get two podiums!
anyone else think that Barros has been a disapointment this year? yes its a new bike and a new team but the guy has some seriously good background in MotoGP and should know how to get the most out of a bike. Was expecting him to be mixing itup right at the front but that just hasnt happend.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 03:13 (Ref:1664632)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
No. I belive that Barros' bike is naff, and rumour has him going to Ten Kate. Then we shall see.

And now I have Cable TV I can honestly say that Edwards to WSBK would be awsome.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1666289)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont know about Barros you know, the bike is always quick, he always comes through the field well at the end, its almost like he is siffering from the Rutter "cant get it off the line" thing!

But Klaffi have no real pedigree do they in WSBK. They are not proven winners like Ten Kate and I think it would be a good move, I am presuming Muggas would maybe swap as he has been obliterated by Toseland this year really, and has never really looked at home on a superbike for me.

What about Fabrizio though, he must be in the frame for a better ride if he can keep up this form for the rest of the year! Might have been a tyre special though i think!
Old 29 Jul 2006, 05:45 (Ref:1666975)   #12
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read that Corser vomited through his visor after crossing the line in Race Two - he was so ****ed off with Fabrizio! Gross. Corser said he was glad he got his visor up in time. Again, gross.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1670963)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Woaaah! Foret has been AXED! Max Neu-whatever-ever is replacing him! Hot stuff.

Rumours abound that a certain Roberts will be taking his place, now wouldn't that be exciting? Go Kurtis Go!
Old 2 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1671044)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I read that the Roberts news was confirmed. I'll go have a look.

Edit: Crash.net seems to think it's a done deal:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Kur...~id~134538.htm

Great news for Kurtis. I hope he goes well. And maybe he'll have the seat for the remainder of the year.

Last edited by jhansen; 2 Aug 2006 at 15:11.