Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jan 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2107643)   #1
BritCarMech
Rookie

BritCarMech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winkelmann/Palliser questions...

Hello Chaps,

Was looking for a bit of informational help here. I'm attempting to help re-assemble the rear suspension (it came in boxes) for a 1970 WDF2.

I was wondering if the rear vertical links were production items or specific to these cars. (I think I have found out that these are custom pieces made from Magnesium, if this is wrong, please let me know.)

The second question concerns the rear brake rotors. Are they custom as well or from a production car. The front suspension is Triumph GT6 verticallinks with Spitfire Rotors.

Thanks for any help.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2107666)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Steve Read, Bob Winkelman's nephew may be able to help. He can be contacted via the HRSR. Sorry if you know all that .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2108065)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a pair of new Palliser uprights that I purchased this summer. Palliser provided wheels and uprights to Daren and they were fitted to my Mk2 sports racer. There was a guy at the Silverstone Classic who had a pair of brand new uprights sitting around and offered them to me. They are rarer than hen's teeth so I thought I better have them.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2108277)   #4
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have Palliser WD3/2-1, a formula 3 car. I think they are the same rear as yours.
Have you an e-mail, and I will send some close-ups.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2108335)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I know that Steve Read helped Bob Winkelman rebuild and race one last year at Brands Hatch .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Jan 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2108782)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
I know that Steve Read helped Bob Winkelman rebuild and race one last year at Brands Hatch .
.......and Steve stuffed it first time out in Friday practice.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2108930)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Probably used the original magnesium uprights