Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 29 Jul 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1051354)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More AGR Antics!

It seems that the AGR drivers were enjoying a rare day off together at Tony Kannans house. They must have been bored, because Dan Wheldon bet Tony that he could beat him in a four wheeler race. Well, he didn't. Dan lost the race, under protest of course.

What was the bet? Tony got to shave Dans head bald! The driver best known for his stand up hair is now bald. Dan said, " I'm not sure we've matured. Maybe on the track, but certainly not off the track". Dan is said to be quite unhappy with the new look. Can't wait to see what he looks like this weekend!

Has anyone ever known a team to be closer than this one? I cannot think of any team that ever had as much fun, and enjoyed each other's company as much as these guys seem to.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1051369)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guy I know told me another story....although not guys from the same team....

Many of the drivers in the Series are just fun guys.....

One of the Brazilians in the Series is really into the "dressed to the nines" for wardrobe, etc., and has lots of pairs of shoes...

He took five pairs of shoes to Motegi with him...

Some of the drivers were hanging out in his room with him and on a lark, decided to take all five of his left shoes....shortly before they had to leave for the airport....

So...how do you get from the hotel to the airport with one shoe....even though you brought five pairs....

and they do this kind of stuff to each other all of the time....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Jul 2004, 22:58 (Ref:1051413)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reminds me of some of the Senna and Berger stories.

Read Gerhard's book for more!
Old 29 Jul 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1051422)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Gonna be interesting to see Dan with no hair.

Gotta love thre AGR guys.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 23:46 (Ref:1051438)   #5
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Michael Andretti's Lake House not Tony's house.

They really should start filming there antics because it's not fun just hearing about them dang it!

Poor Dan he really does get the worst of it,I hope he remembers sunscreen this weekend!

I'm gonna have to tell Dan about the Serran wrapping a person to a bed then setting off an air horn lol That is my favorite Prank ever to pull on people

They really are a great group of guys and teammates my favorite moment last week aside from Dario winning finally,was When Dan and Tony came running over to congratulate him.How many teams are like that,not many.

Plus they sure know how to keep things interesting on and off the track

Last edited by Refutation; 29 Jul 2004 at 23:53.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1051506)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sounds like an episode of jackass

gotta blow off some steam between events I guess
Old 30 Jul 2004, 09:08 (Ref:1051750)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The IRL website has a piece on this now;

Quote:
Wheldon's Lament: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
By Dave Lewandowski
indyracing.com

Thursday Jul 29, 2004

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Dan Wheldon will be more aerodynamic as he walks around the Michigan International Speedway paddock this weekend. Too bad it won’t transfer to the track.

Wheldon, third in the IRL IndyCar® Series in points, received a haircut courtesy of Andretti Green Racing teammate Tony Kanaan earlier this week after he lost a bet. Actually, haircut doesn’t properly describe the action at the lakeside home of team co-owner Michael Andretti in Nazareth, Pa. The hair gel will remain on the shelf for a few months.

“It’s gone. I have no hair at all,” Wheldon, the 2003 Bombardier Rookie of the Year, told Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network host Mike King with a tinge of incredulousness still ringing in his voice. “I’m the hair guy, but no more. TK took care of that.”

On an off day after the Menards AJ Foyt Indy 225 and before an engine manufacturer test day at Nazareth Speedway, the four Andretti Green Racing drivers – Wheldon, Kanaan, Dario Franchitti and Bryan Herta – were enjoying the motorized toys at the Andretti home.

Wheldon wagered his coiffured hair that he could beat Kanaan in a time trial on four-wheelers. The IndyCar Series points leader came out on top, though Wheldon claims his competitor cut the course. Without a chief steward to rule, Wheldon suffered the consequences.

“It’s as short as his when he has it really short,” said Wheldon, referring to Kanaan’s closely cropped look. “When I looked in the mirror I said, ‘My god, what have I let TK do?’

“I’m not sure we have matured. Maybe on the track, but certainly not off the track.”
Old 30 Jul 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1051932)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think an Osbournes-style TV show starring the AGR boys would superb
Old 30 Jul 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1051935)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The team that plays together, wins together, so this is good to see.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1052082)   #10
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

awwww
Old 30 Jul 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1052091)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Improved aerodynamics for sure

Last edited by rustyfan; 30 Jul 2004 at 15:47.