Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4072664)   #276
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great effort by Larson at the end, but Hamlin was just too much.

Turned out to be a half decent show, with Capt Snothead showing is a$$ after wrecking. Glad my 12 year old got to hear a petulant child cuss on live television, too. Maybe we can ask for some of that $50K he was fined...
Old 8 Sep 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4072684)   #277
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You would assume Racer thinks he was just slightly mad and showing he's not an automaton. No, there's a difference between throwing your helmet at another car and speeding through pitlane and garage and generally being a Busch. It's not edgy, it's an act and we get it. ONE old school angry moment fist fight with any of the old drivers and he'd be crying in a heap
Old 15 Sep 2021, 01:47 (Ref:4073978)   #278
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2022 news but what the f is this insanity?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/14...al-coliseum%2F

Sorry, sir, I doubt the USC sweaters will be there
Old 15 Sep 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4074082)   #279
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
!!!

Wow, now that's unexpected
Old 15 Sep 2021, 21:06 (Ref:4074133)   #280
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No what's REALLY unexpected is the Bristol dirt race returns. It's scheduled for EASTER EFFIN SUNDAY evening.

No, that's not a big thing for me personally although any excuse to roast a nice bit of lamb is a delight. But NASCAR has traditionally had 2 weekends, with others as well, off each season, Easter Sunday and Mother's Day. Although I think here lately they had been running Saturday races Mother's Day weekend. I'm not surprised the dirt race returns, just the date.

The schedule

WWTR joins the Cup schedule for the first time, guessing they'll love the Indy and Cup races bringing people in for 2022.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4074256)   #281
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The LA Coliseum could be insane given how little track there is. Might be like Martinsville on steroids! I can see some grumpy cussing wrecked drivers...

Wish they'd ditch Indy, but I'm pretty cool with the schedule. More short tracks would make me happy, but we've got more than recent years so not complaining too much!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4074266)   #282
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
2022 news but what the f is this insanity?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/14...al-coliseum%2F

Sorry, sir, I doubt the USC sweaters will be there
While this and the sweaters are quite intriguing, why not try to get a race at The Rock or North Wilkesboro instead? Or has that ship sailed?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4074271)   #283
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
While this and the sweaters are quite intriguing, why not try to get a race at The Rock or North Wilkesboro instead? Or has that ship sailed?
I'm guessing the only off weekend coming in June signals their desire to leave all that behind. Guess they figure the rest of America cares more than old fans would if they brought either back
Old 27 Sep 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4075818)   #284
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess I didn't miss much by not watching the race at Vegas. One comment on the YouTube highlights was impressed they managed to get even 10 mins or so together...

Next weekend though, it's back to Talladega. Can't wait, even though I know they'll run single file a lot and I know it'll be decided by a wreck on the last lap.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4076163)   #285
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Even KFB looked bored in the post-race just got out of the car interview. I'm sure their was a rant inside him, but boredom had struck so much he said some **** about having a good car and sponsor sponsor sponsors I'm off to mow the lawn for excitement. I think that was it, but my brain had tried to self terminate due to lack of stimulus...
Old 4 Oct 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4076937)   #286
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Might be rain messing things up today at Talladega as well. Per the Jayski twitter:
Quote:
National Weather Service says 70% chance of rain overall today: Chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 4pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm
Old 4 Oct 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4076942)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can they manage to get a race distance done before the coming weekend? I hope so
Old 4 Oct 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4076948)   #288
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Just need a big umbrella. Or a giant leaf blower to blow the clouds someway away...
Old 4 Oct 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4076955)   #289
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The next 5 days are going to be wet in the Southeast so it's going to be a tough squeeze.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4076956)   #290
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Well, they got a window and we have a race under way. Maybe I'll keep with the radio broadcast for company while I work.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4076973)   #291
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
They have made it half way so they'll get an official race. Rain still in the area....
Old 4 Oct 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4076976)   #292
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Congrats to Bubba Wallace on his first win.

Has to be the first time we've seen a first time winner in the trucks, Xfinity and Cup in the same race weekend?
Old 4 Oct 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4076985)   #293
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Rain kinda sucks, but on the plus side we didn't get one of those stupid 16,000 car wrecks on the last lap.

Happy for Bubba too, hopefully the first of many. He's definitely looked a contender in plate races these past few years.

Pretty crumby day for Hendrick, some of those boys are gonna need a win it or bin it mentality next time out.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 01:53 (Ref:4076999)   #294
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Good for Bubba!
Old 5 Oct 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4077024)   #295
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Bubba is the third first-time winner this season, which is pretty cool.

Also, nice to see a Wallace - even though there is no relation to Rusty Wallace what so ever - back in victory lane in the Cup Series
Old 5 Oct 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4077073)   #296
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Sad that they just got Wendell Scott his trophy merely weeks ago.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4077203)   #297
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Better late than never so they say
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4077994)   #298
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
It might look like a gimmick track on paper, but I'm glad the Charlotte Roval is on the schedule. Great race yesterday, with a lot of twists and turns. I did not expect Larson to battle through the problems and win the race. I also did not expect Elliott to make it through to the next round given what his car looked like after the, uhh, 'love tap' from Harvick.

Also worth mentioning is the great run by Byron - running strong and coming oh so close - as well as the ups and downs for Keselowski throughout the entire race.

Good stuff. Makes me long for an actual street circuit (seeing as the infield section of the Roval sort of reminds me of one) to be added to the schedule.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4078012)   #299
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
It might look like a gimmick track on paper, but I'm glad the Charlotte Roval is on the schedule. Great race yesterday, with a lot of twists and turns. I did not expect Larson to battle through the problems and win the race. I also did not expect Elliott to make it through to the next round given what his car looked like after the, uhh, 'love tap' from Harvick.

Also worth mentioning is the great run by Byron - running strong and coming oh so close - as well as the ups and downs for Keselowski throughout the entire race.

Good stuff. Makes me long for an actual street circuit (seeing as the infield section of the Roval sort of reminds me of one) to be added to the schedule.
Miami F1 track layout wants a Cup race. Doubt they can run it twice and Cup and F1 don't want to share a weekend so
Old 13 Oct 2021, 02:41 (Ref:4078275)   #300
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds unlikely.

However, NASCAR and F1 on the same weekend. That would be great, if only for the people in their little worlds who wouldn’t be able to cope.