Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Aug 2003, 19:58 (Ref:691589)   #76
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If this years SEAT ETCC car is anything to go by, Huff will need to have the ability to start a fight in an empty room (empty track?)..
Old 18 Aug 2003, 20:05 (Ref:691594)   #77
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

jamescrofts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
I've seen a couple of episodes of this, and I have to say I'm appalled!

1) This is not the impression of club racing we want newcomers to the sport to see.
2) This is not the sort of example to set to new racers.
3) I haven't seen any drivers that seem to have an ounce of mechanical sympathy. If they owned the cars themselves, I'm sure they'd be driving a whole heap differently!
4) They have absolutely no sympathy or respect for each other either. You can get 3-4 club racing Mini drivers abreast round Rockingham without panel damage, so there is no need to go shoving each other into the wall at over 100mph just because you're on TV! I'm amazed there hasn't been any serious injury in this series!
5) Surely any TV "talent contest" should be for newcomers to the sport, and not for has-beens and wannabes who have had their chance to impress in high-profile series (Fiestas, Clios etc). From what I saw of the general driving standards of this bunch, they don't deserve to be racing, and I think any one of them would be getting a huge wake-up call once they got to the ETCC!
I agree with you Maisie; except for Stefan because I don't remember him swearing and always being professional. As for the others, well..........!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 20:28 (Ref:691605)   #78
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
I've seen a couple of episodes of this, and I have to say I'm appalled!
I've seen the lot - I'm even more appalled! The whole thing was just a (very expensive) joke. It's lucky it was only a relatively short series - how much longer would it have been before somebody was seriously hurt?

Please, somebody tell me it was just a one-off!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 21:19 (Ref:691653)   #79
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What, the championship?

'Fraid not - it's back next year, and I reckon there'll be even more cars. Will SEAT be able to look after them though ?

Question though - are this years cars being binned and new cars brought in next year? I know I for one wouldn't want some of those cars - would you go out and buy a car that had been bent on numerous occasions ?
Old 18 Aug 2003, 21:23 (Ref:691659)   #80
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Will the championship have the same TV show attached to it, and more importantly will it also offer a prize of a works ETCC (or BTCC) drive?
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:25 (Ref:691900)   #81
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
'Fraid not - it's back next year, and I reckon there'll be even more cars.
One more reason not to do the F3/GT meeting........
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:55 (Ref:691928)   #82
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
One more reason not to do the F3/GT meeting........
I've heard that it may not be part of the F3/GT package next year, I think a few championships may be on the move!!
Old 19 Aug 2003, 19:14 (Ref:692496)   #83
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe that was why Alan Gow was there on Saturday?