Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 May 2004, 13:06 (Ref:963446)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Manor / Brit F3

Does anyone know which British F3 races Manor & co are planning to race in this season?

Cheers,

Suze
Old 7 May 2004, 13:27 (Ref:963464)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oulton Park
Old 7 May 2004, 13:38 (Ref:963477)   #3
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And possibly Silverstone for the LMES support race
Old 7 May 2004, 13:40 (Ref:963485)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
suze - inbox congestion luv
Old 7 May 2004, 14:02 (Ref:963506)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When's the LMES race? Is there any more than Silverstone (poss) and Oulton?

Bella - inbox cleared, sorry!
Old 7 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:963510)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
august 13-15 according to mst. judging by the last f3 race on the gp track it's going to be a snooze-fest
Old 7 May 2004, 14:16 (Ref:963515)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Both the LMES race and Oulton are when I'm away......any other info when they're here?
Old 7 May 2004, 14:43 (Ref:963538)   #8
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
There was also the possibility of running at Spa but apart from those 3 that was it!

Theres no excuses for a snoozefest on the GP circuit considering the race the GP cars themselves gave us on the track last year! And before you say Mr Doran was the cause of it, yes he was...but there was also a hell of a lot of racing going on between cars of similar pace...such as Barrichello and Kimi!

I think Hamilton will really throw something into the mix and can't wait to see him out at my home circuit in July!
Old 7 May 2004, 14:45 (Ref:963541)   #9
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merc and Hamilton have a seemingly bottomless budget, why dont they run every nonconflicting weekend? They could get in like a 45 race season, thats what real men used to do
Old 7 May 2004, 14:47 (Ref:963542)   #10
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
You've got a very good point Russ! I'd love it if they did that but you know the score with the racers of today! Hamilton and Manor should have stayed in Brit F3 (I know it was McLaren influenced) and I think on results so far anyway they will be wishing they had!
Old 7 May 2004, 14:53 (Ref:963550)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

btw if they had it would be

Donn
Hock
Estoril
Adria
Pau
Snetterton
Combe
Norisring
Magny (GP wknd)
Oulton
Nurburg
Marlboro Masters
Silverstone (LMES)
Thruxton
Zandvoort
Spa (LMES)
Brno
Hock
Macau
Korea

(Dubai???)

Tell me that isnt a calendar
Old 7 May 2004, 14:54 (Ref:963551)   #12
Russfeld
Veteran

Well, its only 39 actually, but still quite nice

Normal Brit season is 24, Euroseries 20, plus 5 non-points special events
Old 7 May 2004, 16:58 (Ref:963640)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
*drools* that's a serious years racing... guess they're just chicken
Old 7 May 2004, 17:10 (Ref:963652)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

You want serious racing? Get thyself a Lola-Dome. If you had some sort of works contract and the winning lotto numbers your season would be the above of all Euroseries plus non-conflicting British races, and Suzuka Tskuba and Motegi in the All Japan series.

Giving you a perfect 45

You'd need some sort of Castrol Lola-Mugen deal, and another 150k budget surplus for all the travel, and an extremely patient girlfriend.

But man what a year.
Old 7 May 2004, 17:13 (Ref:963655)   #15
Russfeld
Veteran

And from a pratical experience standpoint, if you drove the same chassis/engine config in all the races, you'd have experienced it on 4 different tires. Avon, Kumho, Yokohama, and Brigestone.
Old 7 May 2004, 17:42 (Ref:963675)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in 1969 you could have done a race every weekend accross Europe from March till November and if you had done well you could make a profit in prize money
Old 7 May 2004, 18:16 (Ref:963688)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
wayne, you've been round your dad too long!
Old 8 May 2004, 00:29 (Ref:963945)   #18
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last time I spoke to Lewis about it he said they were planning to do Silverstone, Oulton and one other that was TBA.

I will also get to see him in three weeks time at Pau

Last edited by F3lollipops; 8 May 2004 at 00:29.
Old 8 May 2004, 01:24 (Ref:963963)   #19
Russfeld
Veteran

You wouldnt rathre be at Brno for the Renault Eurocup? or the Swardeston Cricket Club annual ball?
Old 8 May 2004, 18:37 (Ref:964478)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Getting back to Manor, I belive the Euroseries people will only allow them to take in three British rounds. I wonder how many of their teams will go the British round at Spa, especially now it's for the FIA F3 European Cup. Prema did it last year.
Old 8 May 2004, 18:52 (Ref:964490)   #21
Russfeld
Veteran

Why do they limit you? They're on different tires so I cant imagine it breaking any testing rule.

btw what are the Euroseries test rules? I never seem to hear anything about testing once the season starts
Old 8 May 2004, 18:53 (Ref:964492)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is no such rule regarding entering other series.
Old 9 May 2004, 09:54 (Ref:964852)   #23
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You've got a very good point Russ! I'd love it if they did that but you know the score with the racers of today! Hamilton and Manor should have stayed in Brit F3 (I know it was McLaren influenced) and I think on results so far anyway they will be wishing they had
Well this is just going from what has been said on here, but the first brit F3 round at Donnington sounded like a shambles. I dont know if it has improved at all since then. It seems like Brit F3 is living on its past laurels where as the Euroseries is a high profile championship bringing in huge crowds and of course they have the DTM.
Old 9 May 2004, 18:48 (Ref:965758)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
How many does Euroseries / DTM tend to attract, compared with F3?
Old 9 May 2004, 19:27 (Ref:965796)   #25
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In last weeks autosport it says the first round of the Euroseries attracted 118,000 spectators. Brit F3 doesnt attract anywhere near that.

Dont get me wrong I dont have a downer on Brit F3, but the euroseries seems to be alot stronger at the momentin most aspects.