Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Aug 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2531661)   #26
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
it will be good to be racing again next year on Labour day, looking forward to the 3 day weekend to watch Clipsal
Clipsal is a 4 day weekend already Everyone knows you ditch work on the thursday and friday.....
Old 31 Aug 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2531707)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Can anyone think of any other occasions when one sport has sponsored another? It seems like a 'unique' deal to me...
Sydney Swans sponsored the NSW Swifts Netball team. One of the more successful marketing ploys of the last decade.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2532324)   #28
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 1 Sep 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2532779)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Can anyone think of any other occasions when one sport has sponsored another? It seems like a 'unique' deal to me...
Newcastle United FC sponsored the Lister GT1 car for several seasons.

And then there's Superleague, although I really can't decide which sport is supporting which in that series.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2535116)   #30
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Powder Room is suggesting that at the South Syd/St George game last weekend South Syd had a replica V8 Supercar doing some promo work.

The sponsorship on the promo car was for a telco and it wasn't Telstra.

Given the NRL's very strict policy on this how did Mr Crowe pull this off...

..if any of this actually happened...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2535119)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An 888 unit? The team isnt sponsored by a Telco (although if you look at their sponsor guide Here there are very few industries they arent slurping cash or kind from!)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2665607)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autobarn to NRL

It seems this is the destination of the 'Autobarn money' previously keeping Mr Dumbrell on the grid. The article makes a big thing about a link to V8Supercar, although other than Mr Dumbrell being National Marketing Manager for Automotive Brands, owner of the Autobarn master franchise, I just dont see it.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2665638)   #33
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Veggie the marketing dollar

Interesting marketing decision ... thats about all. Jeldwen went to AFL, Red Rooster to HRT.
Target market, value for money?