Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jan 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1498663)   #126
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Riccardo Patrese, 250 million starts.
million ????

That's surely a pre-historic record.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1498728)   #127
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes, but I doubt this fright will be on track.

He may occasionally walk into Michaels changing room by accident.

Nope, that's all I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
million ????

That's surely a pre-historic record.

If he gets poles and no of GPs, I think that means he will be top of all the conventional tables (except consecutive victories crossing seasons, but he nearly made that....oh so close....).

There will be ones to do with various ratios, or what have you, that he won;t be top of I think. I think Senna still holds the number of pole-with-lights-to-flag-victory? These things, and such like, are more obscure though.

It has been altogether too long since I worried myself about these more convoluted things for me to remember properly, so others will need to give the details with these regards.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:49 (Ref:1507813)   #128
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to mention that according to the testing times the Red Baron and his team look like being on the comeback trail.

The way all the team members talk and what they say makes me very confidant for this year (and I would so dearly love to rub salt into a couple of my friends wounds).

They also got a couple of big sponsors (who needs those Vodasomething chappies....), so everythings looks A-OK.

Lets hope I am right.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1508151)   #129
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, but I doubt this fright will be on track.

He may occasionally walk into Michaels changing room by accident.

Nope, that's all I can think of.

HAHAHAH - I needed this laugh this morning - thanks boys!
Old 25 Jan 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1508841)   #130
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As we all know, Ferrari have some very strict and quite often controversial philosophies when it comes to their participation in F1. I for one would love to be a fly on the wall in some of their closed-door sessions.

Anyway, I’d like to examine the Ferrari driver situation for 2006 (and beyond). With 24 year old Massa signed to a 1 year contract to drive alongside Schumi in ’06, many don’t expect anything to change. Massa will be relegated to 2nd driver as was Irvine and Rubens before him. As well, many think that there is a the distinct possibility that Ferrari will go with 2 new drivers in ’07, assuming Michael retires. Even if he doesn’t retire, many are speculating that FM is there on borrowed time. If anyone has read my previous posts, they will know they I don’t agree with this. I think Ferrari will give Massa every chance to prove himself and will be given equal status for the entire ’06 season. Of course when it comes down to the final few races, as usual, decisions will be made for the better of the team that could very well mean team orders for the drivers. But this is also consistent with Ferrari philosophy. IMO, until then, Massa and MS will be treated as equals. Why, you ask, would Ferrari change now? My answer, they wouldn’t be changing anything. The TEAM always comes first. Massa, after an erratic beginning in F1 has always shown natural ability and has proven to be very quick and brave in traffic; MS doesn’t need any help, that is for certain. And besides, Schumi is bound to retire in the next few years anyway, and I believe Ferrari is keeping open the possibility of retaining Massa. and looking to the future by possibly signing a Kimi or even a Rossi for ’07 (or ’08 depending on Michael’s decision).
In summary I think if Ferrari do follow this scenario and give FM everything he needs, I'm not saying he will beat MS but he will acquit himself quite well. So well in fact that Ferrari will sign him long term. We’ll see.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1511422)   #131
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone reckon Montoya is in with a shout of a drive with Ferrari? Mclaren haven't taken up their additional 2 year contract with him so he's out of contract at the end of the year. Possibility of Kimi and Montoya at Ferrari next year perhaps?
Old 29 Jan 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1511442)   #132
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
According to this report KR isn't doing himself any favours.(could be just another headline grabber though. )
Old 29 Jan 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1511533)   #133
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ugh... the PC garbage saga continues...
Old 19 May 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1614439)   #134
crgmichael
Rookie

crgmichael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if scumacher leaves ferrari for rbr i can see him going down a slippery slope and fade away but i doubt that would happen when schu leaves f1 id say he would want to have another world title under his belt and go out blazing although i would like to see him win many more world champs but i would rather him go now than fade away ,damon hill &eddie irvine comes to mind

Last edited by crgmichael; 19 May 2006 at 20:25.
Old 19 May 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1614441)   #135
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Michael will not go to RBR.

That is just a total fantasy.
Old 19 May 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1614453)   #136
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I think Ferrari will give Massa every chance to prove himself and will be given equal status for the entire ’06 season. Of course when it comes down to the final few races, as usual, decisions will be made for the better of the team that could very well mean team orders for the drivers. But this is also consistent with Ferrari philosophy. IMO, until then, Massa and MS will be treated as equals. Why, you ask, would Ferrari change now? My answer, they wouldn’t be changing anything. The TEAM always comes first. Massa, after an erratic beginning in F1 has always shown natural ability and has proven to be very quick and brave in traffic; MS doesn’t need any help, that is for certain.

In summary I think if Ferrari do follow this scenario and give FM everything he needs, I'm not saying he will beat MS but he will acquit himself quite well. So well in fact that Ferrari will sign him long term. We’ll see.
A brave man to say that. Ive been following Ferrari for longer than i can remember and never ever was the 2nd driver treated equally to Schumacher.
Yes he has the same car and perhaps even all the bits and pieces but in a raceweekend 70% of the entire team that is present at the track works for Schumachers car, setup and strategy. Only a fraction of that works for Massa. I also think Shumi would have liked some help putting Alonso at a 3rd place rather than the spaniard finishing 2nd.