Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3932427)   #5101
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought a copy of MN last week to idle the time whilst waiting for a service on my car and I was pretty shocked at the £3.60 cover price but then I'm old and shocked at the price of everything!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3932428)   #5102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'm very very old and wasn't shocked by the 5,50 £ paid for last Motorsport issue. It was a gift!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3932433)   #5103
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just a thought I know you might think that’s odd coming form me . Have they thought about about becoming a monthly motor sport mag ..

I don't think one could go monthly when for half the year there will be a GP every weekend (more or less) if I read the proposals correctly.

More like a NASCAR schedule?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3932557)   #5104
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Completely by chance this popped up on YouTube screen.

I thought a few people might enjoy it.

US based but probably not too unlike other parts of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfq7-1ePW-M

"Racing Around the Rules".
Old 7 Oct 2019, 23:11 (Ref:3932563)   #5105
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Completely by chance this popped up on YouTube screen.

I thought a few people might enjoy it.

US based but probably not too unlike other parts of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfq7-1ePW-M

"Racing Around the Rules".
Hehehe wached that recently.... think it was posted in the Aussie Touring Cars section of Tenths. All 'happy days' stuff but very interesting and quite funny. Fire extinguisher systems filled with nitrous is one tale I recall. Certainly through history we have had a number of creative types of car preparers, and of course Tom Walkinshaw was one of the best, on an international basis across many categories.

Last edited by E.B; 7 Oct 2019 at 23:17.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3932603)   #5106
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
A friend of mine is refurbishing a rare Walkinshaw car, a RHD 528/530. Probably the first Bimmer he modified and raced. Very difficult to spot the special arrangements! The car is authentic and has a huuuge race file.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3932607)   #5107
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A friend of mine is refurbishing a rare Walkinshaw car, a RHD 528/530. Probably the first Bimmer he modified and raced. Very difficult to spot the special arrangements! The car is authentic and has a huuuge race file.
No doubt a large scrutineers/eligibility file too...
Maybe not if the 'special arrangements' are well disguised.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3932608)   #5108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chris, in your area for you next vacation, watch this and become an expert… you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZXQ2K6LTtQ The whole series is great.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3932617)   #5109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Chris, in your area for you next vacation, watch this and become an expert… you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZXQ2K6LTtQ The whole series is great.
Hehehe.... they have some good ads on TV here. Not seen that one before though.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3932618)   #5110
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bathurst 1000 this weekend. One of my favourite events of the year.

The Bathurst TV channel has started already as a build up, playing highlights 24/7 of all the previous races. Plus lots of other Bathurst related stuff, so I am getting ready and in the mood for a weekend in front of the telly.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3932627)   #5111
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those in the UK with BT Sport and insomnia, the race is at 00:45 - 08:00 Sunday morning BT sport 1.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3932628)   #5112
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Bathurst 1000 this weekend. One of my favourite events of the year.

The Bathurst TV channel has started already as a build up, playing highlights 24/7 of all the previous races. Plus lots of other Bathurst related stuff, so I am getting ready and in the mood for a weekend in front of the telly.
I wish this was something we could see here. I used to love the coverage of Bathurst shown on World of Sport back in the early 80's.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3932653)   #5113
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just seen an announcement that the Alfa race series is leaving the BRSCC after god knows how many years and joining 750mc from 2020.

https://www.750mc.co.uk/news,alfa-ro...-club_1465.htm
Old 8 Oct 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3932665)   #5114
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I have just seen an announcement that the Alfa race series is leaving the BRSCC after god knows how many years and joining 750mc from 2020.

https://www.750mc.co.uk/news,alfa-ro...-club_1465.htm
Another championship leaves the BRSCC. Last year it was the F1000 (Formula Jedi) championship that went to 750 mc.

Would interesting to know why rather than whats stated. Not sure what grids were like but they last year combined with the Porsche Championship I think on occassion.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3932747)   #5115
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just thinking as I am passing through Spain . Anyone heard from Gordon . I’ve got nice hotel tonight all for 30 euros . Happy days .
Old 8 Oct 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3932753)   #5116
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No doubt a large scrutineers/eligibility file too...
Maybe not if the 'special arrangements' are well disguised.
Walkinshaw tribute spotted at Knockhill last weekend...
Attached Thumbnails
P1500374.jpg  
Old 9 Oct 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3932953)   #5117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, any more senior tenthers remember F1 driver Leslie Marr? Now 97 years old, and later in life a professional artist.....

Gather that there’s a docu in the making on F1 history, and he’s about the oldest living driver.

http://www.historicracing.com/driver...?driverID=7491
Old 9 Oct 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3932954)   #5118
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not me but what a life.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3932956)   #5119
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So, any more senior tenthers remember F1 driver Leslie Marr? Now 97 years old, and later in life a professional artist.....

Gather that there’s a docu in the making on F1 history, and he’s about the oldest living driver.

http://www.historicracing.com/driver...?driverID=7491
Of course I remember Leslie, drove a Formula 2 Connaught in National events, also in the British Grand Prix in 1954 (13th) and 55.(R). I remember that his car had maroon wheels, which was distinctive. I cannot recall if he drove other cars, although it is likely that he did.

97? Makes me quite young.

In 55 he drove a 2.5 Litre F1 Connaught.

Last edited by bauble; 9 Oct 2019 at 18:04. Reason: Additional material.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3932957)   #5120
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Of course I remember Leslie, drove a Formula 2 Connaught in National events, also in the British Grand Prix in 1954 (13th) and 55.(R). I remember that his car had maroon wheels, which was distinctive. I cannot recall if he drove other cars, although it is likely that he did.

Indeed, the Connaught A Type (green with maroon wheels) is still around, and there was a clip on TV of him being reunited with the car.....

Interesting that he raced the later car in NZ as well!
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3932959)   #5121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't that Delta?
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3932961)   #5122
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not me , current situation is 30 miles away fromEstoril . Another McDonalds for me tonight . What a life 😀
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3932962)   #5123
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was the Streamlined B type fitted with a Jaguar engine that he raced in NZ, not the A type.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3932963)   #5124
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Mike Mis read later & car.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3932978)   #5125
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Were you a consultant to the film makers?