3 16 16.00%
2 8 8.00%
1 8 8.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2573420)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Abu Dhabi GP

A big ONE boring race.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2573424)   #2
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boring race - 1 point for the webber / button fight at the end!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2573428)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 1? That's a bit polarised isn't it?

A 6. It was okay.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2573431)   #4
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dull as dishwater.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2573433)   #5
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i woke up at 4:30 AM for THAT?????

4. But I only scored it that high because of Kobiyashi passing Button, and Button dicing with Weber at the end. Maybe a point for the overhead TV shots....
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2573434)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
7 - I was reasonably gripped and the last lap was one of the best of the season.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2573435)   #7
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As with Singapore last year, this succeeded largely in my eyes as a spectacle, less so as a race. It is a great looking track, it is a brilliant looking place. The cars are majestic under those spotlights, the pit tunnel is interesting, that hotel in the middle is spectacular.

Some changes need to be made to improve the racing, no question, and if it plays out the same next year I wont mark it so highly. Like Singapore 2008 it got some marks for the initial novelty value. But I still don't understand all the complaints regarding this circuit, it's a good one. Not a classic, needs some work, but a good circuit to drive apparently and a good circuit to watch the cars circulating on. Also great fight at the end, nothing like a last lap duel to get the excitement going again!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2573439)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic facilities, spectacular sights, rubbish race track. Yet another new, Tilke designed white elephant.

When will one of these middle or far eastern Governments include a decent racing circuit in the requirements ??

Dire race, I give it 2.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2573445)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apart from the last three laps, it was a bit of a non event.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2573446)   #10
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a six. it was boring, but if could've been a lot worse if Hamilton could've done what his qualifying speed predicted. Kobayashi and Button gave it some great moments.

about the track: sectors 1 & 2 look very racey, sector 3 seems to be there only for novelty value, like the pit exit.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2573447)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The circuit is nothing particularly interesting, true, but you have to look at the cars for the quality of racing. Once again, F1 has proved completely inept at enforcing regulations that allow overtaking.

It really is not rocket science, or even difficult engineering. I am not an engineer, but it stands to reason that all these percentage reductions in downforce DO NOT work.

They need to get RID of downforce, possibly of wings completely, and ban diffusers. Not that hard. And shame on those teams who refused to ban the kind of diffuser that Ross Brawn even referred to in their OWG meetings, for that!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2573449)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dull race, except for the fight for 2nd at the end and Kobayashi.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2573457)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
5 only and that figure was boosted by the incredible venue and the Webber/Button battle at the end. That's how racing should be.

For the first time ever, though, I've used the red button to watch the New York marathon rather than F1.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2573458)   #14
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well i think it says a lot that the final shots as the credits roll which are nomally a meddly of what happened on the track had a few shots of the hotel from a far, some shots of the final lap, Vettels doughnut and then the majority of the podium celebrations - is that because there wasn't any on track action to show?!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2573459)   #15
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
The circuit is nothing particularly interesting, true, but you have to look at the cars for the quality of racing. Once again, F1 has proved completely inept at enforcing regulations that allow overtaking.

It really is not rocket science, or even difficult engineering. I am not an engineer, but it stands to reason that all these percentage reductions in downforce DO NOT work.

They need to get RID of downforce, possibly of wings completely, and ban diffusers. Not that hard. And shame on those teams who refused to ban the kind of diffuser that Ross Brawn even referred to in their OWG meetings, for that!
Although aerodynamics are partially to blame for the current lack of racing, it should be mentioned that the standardization plays a big role as well. Cars have became very equal over one lap, which isn't good for close racing.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2573462)   #16
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post

For the first time ever, though, I've used the red button to watch the New York marathon rather than F1.

Jake said on his twitter account earlier that would happen for freeview viewers so I'm now watching on line
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2573472)   #17
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8.3 Three for the race 8 for the last few laps
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2573479)   #18
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethhardie View Post
Vettels doughnut
That was Webber I think...

Apart from the last laps between Webber & Button and Kobayashi the race was indeed rather unspectacular.

A nice looking venue and scenery but no overtaking don't make a good race sadly.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2573511)   #19
Ubique
Racer

Falkland Islands
Watching penguins in the South Atlantic
Ubique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid 7 from me. Not the best race of the season by any means but still far better than Valencia or Barcelona!!! Hopefully withe the refueling ban cars will have to push for the over takes more next season.

One thing does make me laugh tho and that is all the people on various sites moaning about the circuit being boring and that F1 needs more interesting tracks but who complained when Donington looked like getting a chance.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2573525)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad race although the track is quite the sight!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2573527)   #21
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Tilke snore-o-drome.
Very impressive on the eye but not the action on the track.
Better than Valencia but isn't everything? The race was okay-ish especially the last couple of laps, but after Brazil a bit of a damp squib.
Gave it 5 for the Weber/button chase.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2573528)   #22
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 exciting laps at the end, that was it. I have had more fun watching paint dry.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2573531)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It was that bad I guess? I have not seen the race yet..
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2573537)   #24
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 for me. Redeeming aspects - Kamui being brilliant, Button-Webber battle, the awesome pit-lane exit. Otherwise it was a procession.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2573601)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going for a 7, although I am probably being a bit generous.