Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 13 Oct 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3150825)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Modern Classics" 40 Min race series

The CSCC will run race series in 2013 called "Modern Classics".
"Modern Classics" is a development of the German car only series "Deutsche Marque" which this series will replace.

"Modern Classics" will be for all makes of production saloon & hatchback (above 2 litres) and all production GT and sportscars in production up to 1 Jan 2000 of any engine capacity.

In addition to the German Marques previously raced in “Deutsche Marque”, the Series will welcome cars such as the Lotus Elise, Mazda MX5, Fiat Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Alfa Romeo V6, Ginetta G20, Vauxhall Vectra V6 and TVR to name but a few.

Some slightly later cars may be allowed at the discretion of the committee if deemed to be in the spirit of the series, such as the later Porsche Boxsters, forced induction BMW Minis and Fiat 500 Abarths.

The eligibility rules will follow normal CSCC practice and be simple to build to, and simple to police, to encourage wide participation.

Cars must:
Run their original production silhouette.
Run their original type of engine and gearbox.
Run their original type of induction.
Run on MSA List 1a or 1b tyres.

Cars may only run standard types of spoiler or splitter originally fitted to the production model. Limited motorsport edition spoilers, splitters and wheelarch extensions will not be allowed. There are no restrictions on engine internals, brakes, wheels, suspension etc as long as the above criteria are met, though cars must comply with current MSA safety regulations.

Races will run to the usual CSCC format one or two drivers, 40 minute pitstop races at all our 2013 meetings. There will also be the opportunity to race at Spa.

Interested participants are requested to get in touch with the club (via their web site) or me.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3150881)   #2
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is four wheel drive allowed Andy?
Old 13 Oct 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3150882)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorallye View Post
Is four wheel drive allowed Andy?
Yes, one of the egs of cars allowed was the Imprezza.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3151029)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will this be a home to the 924 Andy, or is that Future Classics? Also, is the tyre make free (I.e. could I run 924 champs tyres?)
Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3151036)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Tyres are free within list 1a or 1b.

2 litre 924s would normally be in the "Super 70s" class of Future Classics but the 924S would be a good car for the 1800-2.5 litre class of Modern Classics.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3151102)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff. Alex is due to be making his race debut next year, my 924 would be ideal and 2 driver means we both get a go for not much more money.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3151482)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Good stuff. Alex is due to be making his race debut next year, my 924 would be ideal and 2 driver means we both get a go for not much more money.
Thats the idea!

Several 924s already compete in Future Classics so you can have your own bespoke class battle!
Old 14 Oct 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3151540)   #8
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yes, one of the egs of cars allowed was the Imprezza.
I was asking on behalf of Mr Newton, who I believe has been in touch.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3151677)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Andy you have PM...
Old 14 Oct 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3151769)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
modern MG gotta be a classic...

Andy can I use my MG ZS180 (2.5 V6) please?
I've asked the club a couple of times in previous years but it's always been 'too new' despite now being 12 years old and out of production and a bust manufacturer!
Old 14 Oct 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3151793)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Andy can I use my MG ZS180 (2.5 V6) please?
I've asked the club a couple of times in previous years but it's always been 'too new' despite now being 12 years old and out of production and a bust manufacturer!
The MG ZS would not have been eligible for CSCC Tin Tops (engine too big) or Future Classics (not an old enough model) but should be OK for Modern Classics, I guess, on the basis that the Rover 45 on which its based is pre 2000 and it would probably be deemed to be"in the spirit of ...etc".

The class structure is still not finalised yet but is likely to be based on that from the "Deutsche Marque" series which this series replaces, if thats the case then the MG ZS would likely be in the 1800-2500 class where I'd hope it would be up against cars like the 2.5 litre Porsche 944, the Vauxhall Vectra V6 (remember the Vectra Challenge?), Renault 5 GT Turbos and Alfa 155 V6 maybe. Lets hope so anyway.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3152816)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Mod Note.
This thread is about the CSCC's intended new race series not about free speech, the second world war or the rise of any particular political party. Someone broke forum rules and the post was deleted. Leave it at that and don't derail this thread.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3152818)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Thanks
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3152837)   #14
edmsport
Rookie

England
Oxford
edmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is this reg just for Modern Classics ?
Old 16 Oct 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3152890)   #15
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a non-competitor, I do think the opening up of the Deutsche Marque series is a good thing for boosting grids; however, I do wonder how much room for growth there is for this type of racing given that it does cover much the same ground as MVSR's Trackday and Team Trophies and the relaunched 750MC Roadsports series (now in a mini-enduro format).
Old 16 Oct 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3152897)   #16
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsport View Post

Is this reg just for Modern Classics ?
No, all CSCC 40 min series run to this, but what it actually means is that:

- You can't turbo a non turbo car
- Fuel Injected cars can have TBs
- Fuel Injected cars can go "back" to carbs
- Cars which were originally only available as carb cars stay as carb cars.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3152902)   #17
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
As a non-competitor, I do think the opening up of the Deutsche Marque series is a good thing for boosting grids; however, I do wonder how much room for growth there is for this type of racing given that it does cover much the same ground as MVSR's Trackday and Team Trophies and the relaunched 750MC Roadsports series (now in a mini-enduro format).
2013 is the 10th anniversary of CSCC running this format and has consistently had full grids in many of its series. Time will tell!
Old 16 Oct 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3152920)   #18
edmsport
Rookie

England
Oxford
edmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, all CSCC 40 min series run to this, but what it actually means is that:

- You can't turbo a non turbo car
- Fuel Injected cars can have TBs
- Fuel Injected cars can go "back" to carbs
- Cars which were originally only available as carb cars stay as carb cars.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3152989)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I'd hazard a guess that you get a completely different kind of driver even if the cars are similar. CSCC is well-populated with gentlemen drivers who respect each other and the cars, so contact is highly discouraged and is rare. Personally I have no experience of Trackday Trophy and Team Trophy, but I have my prejudices !
Old 18 Oct 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3154086)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
At least this is bucking the current trend of max 2 litres so thats to be commended.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3154195)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I'd hazard a guess that you get a completely different kind of driver even if the cars are similar. CSCC is well-populated with gentlemen drivers who respect each other and the cars, so contact is highly discouraged and is rare. Personally I have no experience of Trackday Trophy and Team Trophy, but I have my prejudices !
Except I see Ginettas are included so that's that theory blown out of the water.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3154304)   #22
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Only G20s Tim, not the Juniors or G50s etc! And as usual, problem drivers will have their "invite" to race with CSCC rescinded. It has happened.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3154335)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Only G20s Tim,
My point exactly, G20s are part of the reason I don't do SRGT any more. PM me if you want more info.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3164608)   #24
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
The regs for the "Modern Classics" are now available on the CSCC website. If you have any questions, drop me a line.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3169193)   #25
TheSpiderMan
Rookie

England
Stockport
TheSpiderMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So would my Sierra RS500 be allowed in Modern classics?? or is it Future Classic??
Life should not be a journey into the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, oh no.. but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO what a ride'