Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4075424)   #26
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Completely lost it hasn't he? These mistakes are stacking up now. It's not like he's had any good performances to offset these either.

And the new generation like Max and Norris and Russell have not put a foot wrong in the wet. They are exemplary whereas Hamilton is error prone.

Oh Adam, you are a one!
Old 25 Sep 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4075438)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Completely lost it hasn't he? These mistakes are stacking up now. It's not like he's had any good performances to offset these either.

And the new generation like Max and Norris and Russell have not put a foot wrong in the wet. They are exemplary whereas Hamilton is error prone.

Reminds me a bit of Vettel when he made those mistakes, like at Hockenheim and Monza.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4075445)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now Vettel is my favorite.

At the time, IIRC, he didn’t have any offsetting performances around that time. Not that he was washed up either.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4075446)   #29
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

"Look over there!!!"

So bloody touchy
Old 25 Sep 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4075447)   #30
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That was fun. Its so nice to see different faces at the front, albeit its a bit boring that Norris and Russell are up at the front yet again. Give someone else a chance lads!
Old 25 Sep 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4075451)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
"Look over there!!!"

So bloody touchy
It’s the modern way. One extreme has to be counter by the other.

Although in my case there is the sig. the underlying metaphor if you like.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4075457)   #32
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can anybody explain why there was a large banner advertising Dubai Expo 2020 over the track?
Old 25 Sep 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4075463)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Can anybody explain why there was a large banner advertising Dubai Expo 2020 over the track?
Because it runs from 1 Oct 21 until 31 Mar 22?
Old 25 Sep 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4075499)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The world we live in! Madness,
Old 26 Sep 2021, 02:09 (Ref:4075520)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think were really focusing too much on qualifying and after here and Spa I'm regarding it as a bit of a lottery, although this one echoed Spa.
There was no real race at Spa and there was certainly nervousness over Fp3 and leading up to qualifying at Sochi when there were reports of moving to a Sunday qualifying.
The actual result isn't too surprising.
Norris would probably been a top three or four at Spa if he hadn't had his accident.
The track was slippery but not too hard for intermediates.
Sainz is good enough for an exemplary shot at pole so that's not a surprise.

George is not a surprise when he puts a great lap together in slippery conditions so no surprise there.

Lewis made a mistake in coming out of the pits and another on his final lap but he was pushing it and it happens. How often do they make a mistake in the dry that costs them a hundredth or two (6-12m) and we never know it? When in the wet or slippery conditions it catches them out. And if its dry on the racing line and you stray a little into the damp stuff you're gone.

Ricciardo was 4th till Georges last lap blinder and he was in a similar place at Spa.
Bottas is more cautious in the wet.

So none of this is out order. Its all pretty much what we might have seen in a race at Spa if the lights had gone out or there had been less standing water and spray. .
Old 26 Sep 2021, 02:31 (Ref:4075527)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im not by any means anti Sir Lewis but I did have a little coffee spit moment when I saw this meme....

Old 26 Sep 2021, 03:51 (Ref:4075539)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
E.B., I listened to that radio call at the time and I remember him saying different words! Apart from “man” bit at the end. And that screenshot. I like how the quote is much clear than the rest of the graphics!

I must be mistaken.

Out of curiosity, did you know it’s fake and posted it anyway, or have you just been taken in by it?

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Sep 2021 at 03:58.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 03:53 (Ref:4075540)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think were really focusing too much on …
… that post of mine! It’s not even a good post!

(See the sig.)
Old 26 Sep 2021, 04:22 (Ref:4075542)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
E.B., I listened to that radio call at the time and I remember him saying different words! Apart from “man” bit at the end. And that screenshot. I like how the quote is much clear than the rest of the graphics!

I must be mistaken.

Out of curiosity, did you know it’s fake and posted it anyway, or have you just been taken in by it?
No I wasnt taken in hence posted as a meme. Perhaps, as it was with my first coffee on a Sunday morning, still in lockdown, I was easily amused.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 04:23 (Ref:4075543)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

I must be mistaken.

No I wasnt taken in hence posted as a meme. Perhaps, as it was with my first coffee on a Sunday morning (after a late night watching motor racing), still in lockdown, I was easily amused.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4075545)   #41
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
McLaren, Ferrari, Williams - top three in qualifying! Have we gone back to the 80's Fantastic stuff.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4075548)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
That was fun. Its so nice to see different faces at the front, albeit its a bit boring that Norris and Russell are up at the front yet again. Give someone else a chance lads!
Hahaha
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:36 (Ref:4075549)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sainz looked more teed off that at anytime I can remember. Still he's got as good a chance as those around him of making it round the first corner in one piece!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4075550)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great qualifying, looking forward to the race on the strength of that

Great lap by Norris, let's see what he can do from there. Good to see Russell and Sainz up there too. First time McLaren, Ferrari and Williams take the first three places since Brazil 2004!

Big mistakes by Hamilton, but he's still fourth. With Leclerc and Verstappen starting so far back it's gonna be an interesting race. I do kind of want it dry on the strength of that
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4075556)   #45
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes have changed the PU on Bottas' car, meaning he now starts 17th.

Presumably the strategists want him to baulk Verstappen, which he could have done anyway once Max cleared the field. Very odd.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4075564)   #46
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Mercedes have changed the PU on Bottas' car, meaning he now starts 17th.

Presumably the strategists want him to baulk Verstappen, which he could have done anyway once Max cleared the field. Very odd.
Yes and also placing Perez closer to Hamilton on the grid. Pro's and con's of that deciscion (including the non sportmanship PR) doesn't seem to add up very well.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4075566)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I find it strange too. As you say giving Checo more of an opportunity to go after Hamilton. It makes little, if any sense.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4075568)   #48
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if T2 won't end up in one big pile up if indeed there is light rain and everyone is one slicks.

Will be difficult for Max to judge the best approach to T2 anyway. Wait till it settles a bit after the first corner to avoid a potential contact/mess at T2 and use the slippery track to advance or take the bull by the horns and dive in straight away?

Back of the grid can be quite the lottery, especially if it's slippery.

https://weather.com/nl-NL/weer/vanda...582ef14edf0a75

Last edited by Taxi645; 26 Sep 2021 at 09:42.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4075570)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
this is a radical theory, but Bottas gets a new PU because he needed one. How’s a good a time as any considering he didn’t manage to qualifying up front. Better than doing it when you’ve put it on pole.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4075572)   #50
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also, if the intention is to keep Verstappen back, then it's also preferable to keep him further away from a points position rather that waiting him for him to scythe his way through towards the front.