Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2002, 08:22 (Ref:399017)   #1
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Drivers Swapping Teams Every Race

Heard on BBC Breakfast news this morning that FIA are considering enforing every F1 driver to have to race with every F1 team at least once every season, so that the drivers championship will be less predictible and truly the best driver wins.

Sounds very interesting in theory, but surely will not happen in practice (??).
Old 9 Oct 2002, 08:31 (Ref:399023)   #2
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool - Yoong getting points in a Ferrari!!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 08:40 (Ref:399028)   #3
TTT

As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, it appears that Max and Bernie are leaking outrageous solutions to F1's problems to the media in order to eventually push through slightly less radical ideas i.e. reduce aerodynamics to allow closer racing.

Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:16 (Ref:399054)   #4
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mr. Mosley ...

Max Mosley said it:
"There is an argument for each driver driving each car once. This has an advantage because then we would see who are the best drivers and teams and if there are means to make it more interesting for the public then we have to talk about them."

This may sound crazy, but for me is the best idea that someone ever had about changing the face of current F1.

Schummy fans i think you have to be happy cause i guess MS would qualify a Minardi in the Top 10, and then no one will complain aboout Schummy's tricks.

Yoong in a Ferrari fighting JPM in a Minardi would be wonderful to see.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:22 (Ref:399057)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think somebody has Zapped Bernie and Moseley with 20,000 volts across their ears.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:28 (Ref:399060)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what's going on at FIA lately, perhaps they believe it's an eternal April 1st or something...

Just imagine: Montoya's turn at Ferrari, Rubens in a Mac and David in a Willy. Somewhere mixed with them is Michael in Renault, Jacques at Toyota, Truli in Honda. THAT would be "team-order" situation and artificially altering the result of the race and bringing the sport in disrepute.

Does the plan mention if the order or cars are predefined, i.e Spa-Rubens/Jordan etc or do they toss a coin prior the event?

The idea can be improved further. For example change cars after each practice session. Tension! Set a car but who the heck knows what you drive next hour! Or even better, tyre-change pit-stops? Naahhh, CAR-change pitstops!

Wonder if the teams would want to pay salaries to drivers for 1 race per season and wonder if drivers would want to waste time just to be allowed to race BAR's and Minardis every now and then. Here's another big step towards an alternate Formula in 2008. Or maybe sooner....

Last edited by Red; 9 Oct 2002 at 09:29.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:40 (Ref:399067)   #7
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Red ... Car change pitstops would be wonderful. LoL
Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:47 (Ref:399071)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Well, it's not an simple project. Wonder who would mantain position on track, the car or the driver... Lots of work ahead, lots of details to be carefully analyzed but the future is bright!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:49 (Ref:399074)   #9
TTT

I can hear the commentator now :

" And here we can see Michael Scumacher in his Minardi obeying the blue flags to let Yoong's Ferrari through to win the Malaysian GP ! "

Old 9 Oct 2002, 09:57 (Ref:399085)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Or: Yoong/BMWilliams is in the lead but here comes Kimi's Minardi eating in his lead.... here they go, 0.1 seconds apart... they're side by side in the chicane and THE MINARDI TAKES THE THE LEAD FROM THE WILLIAMS WITH 1 MORE LAP TO GO!!! The grandstands goes crazy! Stoddard is near a heart-stroke! Patrick Head is fuming and vows to fire Alex... waitaminute... no he doesn't, next race he'll drive for McLaren anyway....

Last edited by Red; 9 Oct 2002 at 09:58.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:15 (Ref:399102)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are trying to get F1 in the media. It's working.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:21 (Ref:399105)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
I believe you just unravelled the mystery of all those stupid ideas that emerged lately!!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:25 (Ref:399109)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
They could go one step further even, different formulaes each race, bugger formula one. One week Kimi could drive a Formula 1 McLaren, the next a Jaguar Renault Clio, then he could take a turn in a Ferrari Sprintcar. What a joke, this seriously is the most pathetic idea ever.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:30 (Ref:399117)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly Idea!
All the sponsor work drivers do for their respective teams really wouldn't be viable then! Besides if you were Ferrari would you want Yoong driving your car, I think not.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:35 (Ref:399121)   #15
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
What about a Le Mans start,drivers all run across the track and jump into which ever car they get to first.....
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:44 (Ref:399129)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
keep'em coming guys!!!!!

That would develop other skills, and Jean Claude van Damme would become one of the most sought trainers in F1!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:47 (Ref:399132)   #17
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia

At least Max is bringing the - *ahem* fun - back into F1!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 10:58 (Ref:399145)   #18
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a ridiculos idea. Why not just replace the cars with a football and the track with a pitch.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 11:00 (Ref:399146)   #19
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
What about having cars of equal performance ,so the races were a show of driver ability alone and they did things like race each other and overtake other cars and oversteer around corners and drive the whole race on one set of tyres and a tank of gas,like they did in the glory days of the 70's.........Nah thats to too stupid even for Monty Python

Last edited by Armco Bender; 9 Oct 2002 at 11:03.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 11:02 (Ref:399147)   #20
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they could scrap spa and have a race in somewhere like bahrain!!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 11:04 (Ref:399148)   #21
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Drivers should be required to recite their favorite passages from Proust while negotiating the bus stop Chicane at Spa. Just to demonstrate that F1 is an intellectual exercise as well!

Shakespeare at Brands, F. Scott Fitzgerald at Indy, Cicciolina at Imola...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:05 (Ref:399200)   #22
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
This is just Max and Bernie saying: "See, F1 is not a farce.. here are some suggestions that would truly make F1 a farce"
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:09 (Ref:399205)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think Max is finally showing his true potential - Disney should hire him.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:14 (Ref:399212)   #24
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How very amusing.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:24 (Ref:399219)   #25
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
This is just Max and Bernie saying: "See, F1 is not a farce.. here are some suggestions that would truly make F1 a farce"
Right on the money

You can almost hear Paul Hogans voice "Thats not a farce, this is a farce"

Last edited by Wrex; 9 Oct 2002 at 12:26.