Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:984011)   #1
KKGT
Rookie

KKGT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques test??

Any truth to the rumour Jacques is testing tomorrow and Friday at BMWs private facility in Germany???
Old 26 May 2004, 15:30 (Ref:984015)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just out of interest if he is why haven't BMW.Williams used it before in the same way that Ferrari use their (2) tracks?
Old 26 May 2004, 15:31 (Ref:984016)   #3
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a star : testing in two places at once - according to several of the other Jacques test threads here he's in France tomorrow !
Old 26 May 2004, 15:32 (Ref:984024)   #4
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha!Ha!
Read the other Villeneuve threads.
Welcome to ten-tenths but be prepared for some negative comments to follow.
Old 26 May 2004, 15:34 (Ref:984027)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Jacques test??

Quote:
Originally posted by KKGT
Any truth to the rumour
Ermm.. no.

Welcome to 1010ths!
Old 26 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:984035)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Teddy?? Is that you???
Old 26 May 2004, 16:46 (Ref:984101)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Amazing rumour. Amazing.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:31 (Ref:984151)   #8
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the real story here concerning JV is he going to be racing in F1 next season or what?. This has been going on now for sometime and as always when anybody from Williams is interviewed regarding this they wont say yes and they wont say no. My own view on this is if JV is going to return to F1 then i would love to see him behind a wheel of a Williams mainly because i think he still has what it takes to be a winner again and iam sure you all agree that we want all the quick guys up at the front end of the grid. For all we know maybe this whole Willaims and JV link has been sorted out months ago.

Last edited by pole2pole; 26 May 2004 at 17:33.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:35 (Ref:984155)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome KKGT ! Happy posting.

Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Ha!Ha!
Never saw that.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:56 (Ref:984177)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a representative of the Montreal press at Mosport this weekend who said that as far as anyone in Quebec had been able to discover, the likelihood of Jacques driving for Williams in this lifetime were roughly the same as the likelihood of Pierre Trudeau rising from the grave to win the next Canadian election. He said that he had seen the transcripts that people were claiming "proved" that Jacques would be testing and that they proved nothing. In fact, one of them had been altered significantly -- in fact it said, "after all, Nigel Mansell never actually retired, did he?"
Old 26 May 2004, 17:58 (Ref:984183)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Ha!Ha!
they are all closed and dead and buried
Old 26 May 2004, 18:00 (Ref:984190)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forum... you have to forgive us for being cynical in our replies... its just that we seem to have a new Jacques thread everyday and more often than not they end up being closed because the discussions seem to swerve way of topic...

Now that i have told you the Jv-10-10ths history...

Welcome to the forum KKGT have a rocking time in this rocking place!!!
Old 26 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:984192)   #13
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
There was a representative of the Montreal press at Mosport this weekend who said that as far as anyone in Quebec had been able to discover, the likelihood of Jacques driving for Williams in this lifetime were roughly the same as the likelihood of Pierre Trudeau rising from the grave to win the next Canadian election.
This is just pathetic

Anyone who has paid attention to the sheer volume and legitimacy of the numerous articles/statements/polls and FACTS and still doesn't give Villenueve at the very least a 50-50 shot of returning to either Williams or Toyota should seriously get their head examined. Especially with Dixon out of the running now as well!

Is it that difficult to believe that a former world champion who has yet to drive a competitive car since he won the title would be given one last shot to prove himself!?
Jeez some people

Last edited by TeddyG; 26 May 2004 at 18:05.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:984195)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Is it that difficult to believe that a former world champion who has yet to drive a competitive car since he won the title would be given one last shot to prove himself!?
Jeez some people
Damon Hill should be given a 2nd shot too... since he didnt get to defend his title in a competitive car...

Hey how about Damon and JV at Williams for 2005?
Old 26 May 2004, 18:08 (Ref:984200)   #15
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damon retired...JV didn't! (and he's still only 32!)

Last edited by TeddyG; 26 May 2004 at 18:09.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:14 (Ref:984205)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But JV soon will!
Old 26 May 2004, 18:16 (Ref:984207)   #17
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome KKGT. Have fun, if this thread doesn't scar you for life...
Old 26 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:984209)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There you go... I will believe when I see that happening. This "numerous articles/statements/polls" are close to nothing until it happens, now about "FACTS" is what I would like to see. Can anyone tell me where mr. JV is right now, but please, information with links, please.

I'll be glad if I see this man back in a F1 car, but just when it happens !!
Old 26 May 2004, 18:19 (Ref:984214)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Anyone who has paid attention to the sheer volume and legitimacy of the numerous articles/statements/polls and FACTS and still doesn't give Villenueve at the very least a 50-50 shot of returning to either Williams or Toyota should seriously get their head examined.
Teddy, surely the point is we have no facts. This is entirely the problem we have here. As has been said before.
fact (fkt)n. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences.

I am sorry, but I see no facts saying Villeneuve will drive for any F1 team next year, especially Williams.

If you think I say such things because I hate JV you would be wrong.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:21 (Ref:984216)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
as Adam said... most of the articles have either been from Pollock saying he is talking to the "right teams" or journalists saying they talked to "people close to Williams"... nothing from Head or FW...
Old 26 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:984219)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And why start multiple threads about the same supposed "facts" when one will suffice?
Old 26 May 2004, 18:26 (Ref:984226)   #22
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno... brownie points, maybe?
Old 26 May 2004, 18:28 (Ref:984228)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And why start multiple threads about the same supposed "facts" when one will suffice?
to make the moderators do some work?
Old 26 May 2004, 18:33 (Ref:984235)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hehehe.....
Old 26 May 2004, 18:43 (Ref:984242)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Grrr....