Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:33 (Ref:1404474)   #1
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Australia has the worst F1 TV Coverage!

Formula 1 is only shown on FTA in Australia. It is shown on Channel Ten. Channel Ten is Australia's home of delayed motorsport. Channel Ten has the exclusive Australian live rights to 19 rounds. Ten also has exclusive and extensive rights to all Practice and Qualifying sessions in addition to the rights to telecast highlights from all rounds. But only 4 races are shown live and they only show Practice and Qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix. F1 is shown in over 80 countries and Australia is 1 of only 2 countries that don't get live F1 races. The only other country that dosn't get live races is Russia but they get Saturday TV coverage.

e.g.
Begium grand prix
Live in WA would be 8:00pm
Live in SA and NT would be 9:30pm
Live in NSW, VIC, QLD and TAS would be 10:00pm

But the race will be shown at 11:30pm. This is crap. F1 and all other motorsport should be taken away from Channel Ten. It should all go the Channel 7. If this did happen most of the racing would be shown live. All the sport on Channel 7 is shown live and they don't have any crappy shows like big brother, crap factor or Australian Idol that always run 15 minuits overtime.

Australia has the worst F1 TV Coverage!
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1404476)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Channel 10 is a mainstream station, this is understandable. Showing a race in Sunday evening prime timeis not ideal, and showign it at differnet times in different parts of the country is a big logistic difficulty. I know it must be frustrating, but you have to see it from their point of view.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1404481)   #3
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Every racing fan in Australia hates Channel 10. There is no excuse for this crap!
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1404488)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would you quit your whinging and just get over it. Its an hour delay for gods sake, its not the end of the world.

Yes Boots, Ten is a mainstream station, its the 3rd biggest channel locally and cant afford to roll over and obey every whim and desire of the relative minority of F1 fans and get trounced in ratings by competitor stations 7 and 9.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1404492)   #5
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
Every racing fan in Australia hates Channel 10. There is no excuse for this crap!
Thats not entirely true mate! I dont mind ch10, im happy that we actually get to see so much motorsport. I know the delayed telecast annoys some people but its better than not getting it on free to air at all IMHO.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1404494)   #6
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isnt it starting at 10:30 ?
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1404506)   #7
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was there a vote I missed? This is getting old - get over it. I doubt it would be shown live in ANY market at 8pm. If it annoys you some much move to the UK or somewhere that you can get it live.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1404507)   #8
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
It is not just F1 it is all there motorsport. Sure they may have alot of motorsport on Channel Ten but they have crap TV coverage.

V8 Supercars
They don't even show the Saturday V8 Supercars races and the Sunday races are always delayed and this is an Australian Series.

Champcars
April-August Tuesday 1:30am-3:00am (delayed about 24 hours)
March and August-November Monday 11:30-Tuesday 1:30 (delayed about 22 hours)
Australia is Live

Moto GP
Monday 12:00am earliest (delayed about 5 hours)
Australia is Live

A1GP
Crappy highlights a week after every race.
Australia will probably be shown Live

IRL
They probably have the Australian rights to all 17 rounds of the IRL but they only show the Indy 500. The race was shown live in VIC, NSW, QLD (The important states) and TAS and delayed in WA, SA and NT (because we aren't important)
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1404508)   #9
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
Thats not entirely true mate! I dont mind ch10, im happy that we actually get to see so much motorsport. I know the delayed telecast annoys some people but its better than not getting it on free to air at all IMHO.
Almost everyone on the RPM forum hates channel ten.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1404510)   #10
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Would you quit your whinging and just get over it. Its an hour delay for gods sake, its not the end of the world.
It is delayed 3 hours and 30 minuits (in WA)
1 hour and 30 minuits (QLD, NSW, VIC and TAS)
2 hours (in SA and NT)
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1404525)   #11
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm getting a sense of de ja vu all over again about this topic. Didn't we just do this a couple of days ago?

Seriously, Network Ten still gives Formula One a better coverage than Channel Nine did. Although it could be improved, at least we're seeing it. I don't think any other FTA network in Australia would be interested in Formula One, and not every person has access to Foxtel.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1404578)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You get a lot more terrestrial racing coverage than we do in Britain by the sound of it. We get F1, most MotoGP races and 1/3 of the BTCC races live, highlights of WSBK about 12 hours later, British Superbike highlights a week alter, F3 highlights a week later, WTCC occasionally, and no ChampCar or IRl at all.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1404618)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think your right boots. The coverage here is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. Although very few international races are shown live we generally get to see F1, MotoGP & Champcar, etc within 24 hours.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1404645)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New 10-Tenths Motorsport forum records announcement:
  • Most use of the word crap in a single thread.
  • Most use of the word crap by a single poster in a thread.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1404674)   #15
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Who made you the spokesperson for every fan ?
CH 10 do a good enough job for mine, at least they have shorter ad breaks than ITV.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1404736)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very pleased I don't live in Australia if this level of coverage must be endured.

Every country should have live coverage of F1, whether it be free to air or on satellite or whatever.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1404820)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Surely KB, you have to admit that there are major practical difficulties due to Australia's split timezones and the fact that the races fall on Sunday evening Australian time.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1404833)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, have it live on a satellite channel and then delayed free-to-air.

It's a shame, because I'd quite like to holiday in Australia, but I'd have to fit in outside the F1 season.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1404839)   #19
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It's a shame, because I'd quite like to holiday in Australia, but I'd have to fit in outside the F1 season.
Or visit when the Aus GP is on and attend the race weekend
Old 11 Sep 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1404844)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Good idea
Old 11 Sep 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1405040)   #21
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't we have a thread 90% the same as this 2 days ago?
Old 11 Sep 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1405046)   #22
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Australia has the worst F1 TV Coverage!

Quote:
Formula 1 is only shown on FTA in Australia. It is shown on Channel Ten. Channel Ten is Australia's home of delayed motorsport. ... F1 is shown in over 80 countries ...
If F1 is shown in "over 80 countries", there must be over 150 countries that don't have F1 coverage at all.

I would say that for each of those countries the coverage is definately worse than for Australia.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 00:14 (Ref:1405155)   #23
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only reason we see Live F1 in New Zealand is purely the time difference. It suites our broadcaster. Our races start at midnight NZT. The asian races are all delayed because regular progames are screened at their normal slots on a Sunday
Old 12 Sep 2005, 04:01 (Ref:1405231)   #24
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxer
Who made you the spokesperson for every fan ?
CH 10 do a good enough job for mine, at least they have shorter ad breaks than ITV.
I don't think channel ten's add breaks would be shorter. Channel ten have 3 minuit add breaks every 10 minuits.

Also channel ten didn't cut any of the race out during add breaks. That didn't last long because they aren't doing that anymore.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 04:09 (Ref:1405237)   #25
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K
If F1 is shown in "over 80 countries", there must be over 150 countries that don't have F1 coverage at all.

I would say that for each of those countries the coverage is definately worse than for Australia.
http://www.pitpass.com/src/seasons/2...oadcasters.php