Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 May 2002, 19:07 (Ref:280514)   #1
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nadeau out after 81 races at Hendrick

HARRISBURG, N.C. -- Hendrick Motorsports and driver Jerry Nadeau have mutually agreed to part ways, effective immediately, team president John Hendrick announced Wednesday afternoon.

"Jerry has shown some flashes of brilliance while driving for us over the past two and a half years," Hendrick said. "As a team, we just have not been able to find the kind of consistency that it takes to be successful in this ever-increasingly competitive sport.”

Nadeau, who took over the ride at the outset of the 2000 campaign, was realistic about the situation.

"Both Hendrick Motorsports and myself as a driver are dedicated to the same goal -- winning races," said Nadeau, 31. "But after we sat down and evaluated the situation, it was obvious that we were not making the kind of progress we owe our fans and sponsors and decided it would be best to go our separate ways."

Nadeau is currently 28th in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver standings, but has been ranked as high as seventh during his stint at HMS. The Danbury, Conn., native capped off his first season with a victory in the season-ending NAPA 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

He nearly won the same race again last year, but ran out of gas in Turn 4 of the final circuit, handing the win to Bobby Labonte.

While at Hendrick, Nadeau posted seven top-five finishes, 15 top-10s and two outside poles in 81 starts.

Hendrick said that no one has been tabbed to replace Nadeau just yet, but the team has begun the search for a replacement. Several drivers are currently available, including Joe Nemechek. Hendrick did not indicate whether a permanent driver would be named or if a replacement would join the No. 25 team on an interim basis for the remainder of 2002 campaign.

"It may be in our best interests not to name a permanent replacement until the end of the season when we have a clearer picture of who might be available," Hendrick said. "Jerry has made a tremendous effort, but sometimes these things just don't work out. We wish him well and have no doubt that he will be successful."

Nadeau echoed those sentiments.

"Driving for Hendrick Motorsports was a great experience for me," Nadeau said. β€œAt the end of my first season with the team, I really felt that we were on our way, but the results we were capable of just weren't there.”

Nadeau made his Winston Cup debut in 1997, when he ran five races for owner Richard Jackson. In 1998, he drove the No. 13 Ford in 14 races for owners Bill Elliott and Dan Marino before joining Melling Racing for 16 events.

He finished his first full season in third place in the rookie of the year tally. In 1999, he drove the No. 9 Melling Ford in 22 events. He joined Hendrick Motorsports in 2000, where he won in his 103rd career start.

source: www.nascar.com
Old 10 May 2002, 05:15 (Ref:281480)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is somewhat of a surprise. I have never been that high on Nadeau's talent but he does have a win underneath his belt. It will be interesting to see who Hendrick gets to replace. I bet that he uses a veteran driver (ie Joe Nemechek) until the latter portion of the year and then his son will step into the ride for 5 races to get some experience for 2003.
Old 10 May 2002, 08:27 (Ref:281562)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thought nadeau was almost out at the end of last season anyway
Old 10 May 2002, 20:19 (Ref:282162)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get Casey Mears in the seat!
Old 11 May 2002, 03:26 (Ref:282333)   #5
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure Casey would be ready for a WC ride quite yet...if there is a Busch driver that may be, and I stress MAY BE ready for a Cup ride...IMO it's Scott Riggs. Granted it's his 1st year in Busch, but he has a cpl of years experience in the CTS series and has proven his talent along with having a good ride. Another good, probably better than Scott, would be Jason Keller.
Old 12 May 2002, 15:30 (Ref:283565)   #6
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote for Randy LaJoie, LMAO, he always adds some excitement !!!
Old 17 May 2002, 03:54 (Ref:288545)   #7
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Joe Nemechek will take over behind the wheel of the Hendrick Motorsports No. 25 Chevrolet for the remainder of the 2002 season. The team recently parted ways with Jerry Nadeau, who drove for the team since 2000.

Nemechek began the season with Haas-Carter Motorsports but found himself minus a ride after the team was forced to close down after K-Mart filed for bankruptcy and withdrew sponsorship.

He filled in for Johnny Benson in the No.10 Pontiac after Benson suffered a broken rib in a Busch Series event at Richmond. Nemechek and Nadeau seem to be swapping rides, while Nadeau will now fill-in for the Benson until his return."

from motorsport.com

the full article

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock