Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2001, 03:04 (Ref:69315)   #1
Ken
Rookie

Ken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering how the lap times after Mika crashed changes for each driver.
Rubens was 8.6 seconds behind Schu on lap 24. On lap 26 the lap after Mika crashed Rubens went to 10.6 behind Schu with DC 1.1 behind Rubens This slowing went from 10.6 to a low of 9.4 to a high of 11.1 behind Schu over the next 7 laps. When DC passed Rubens on lap 34 he was 15.1 seconds behind Schu. Schu put in the fastest lap on lap 34 a 1:28.214. Schu then slowed from lap 42 to the end of the race lap 58. He went from over 1:30 to a low of mid to low 1:29's to a high of 1:31.963 over the next 16 laps. Now I was just wondering if anyone else found this race as bad as I did?
Old 8 Mar 2001, 04:11 (Ref:69316)   #2
Ken
Rookie

Sorry I forgot to add that Schu was slowing down for almost 1/3 of the race.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 10:57 (Ref:69361)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ken,

(Long time no speak BTW). You are not for one minute suggesting that our Runbens is back to his old inconsistent lacklustre driving standards again are you? Only if you are, move home, because Liz will be on yer tail!!!

I wondered just how he ended up so far behind at the end but as last year he made a non-ferrari (the Jordan this time) look excellent.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 11:27 (Ref:69373)   #4
Ken
Rookie

Peter, a few of us have a name for Rubens and that is U-Nic . He is there for one reason to cover Schu's butt. He will be allowed to win another race this year like last to keep him happy , team orders are working just fine, slow DC down after Mika crashed. He dropped 2 seconds in one lap and kept that up until DC passed him . Some people I have talked to even wonder if that was a real pass or , well, you all know the story.....
Old 8 Mar 2001, 23:02 (Ref:69513)   #5
Maximum F1
Racer

Maximum F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason for Rubens bad lap times:
When he nerfed off Frentzen he caused some sort off damage to his front left. Whatever this damage was, left the car unbalanced for the remainder of the race. This unbalance caused one side to wear tyres quicker than the other.
ALTHOUGH IT WAS RB'S FAULT!!!!
Old 9 Mar 2001, 00:00 (Ref:69527)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since even Niki Lauda says that the Ferraris are already using traction control, to get those extra wins as Bernie has guaranteed Ferrari another championship, it is really irrelevant how TGF drives in any one race. He is guaranteed the victory as long as he does not crash.

Rubens' car was damaged in the accident with Frenzy and that's why his times were slower. As far as other comments about him, those are personal opinions and as such mean statistically nothing.
Old 9 Mar 2001, 00:01 (Ref:69528)   #7
Ken
Rookie

Good point MaxF1 as damage may have been done to his car but when looking at lap times from lap 16 to 25 his times were almost the same. He drops over 2 seconds when Mika spins and keeps this up for 7 laps. then after he is passsed by DC stays about the same distance behind DC till the finish. Slowing with 7 laps left as he had a 30 second lead over 4th place. You don't feel team orders may have been in place to hold up DC? He slows for just 7 laps while DC is right behind him then goes back to normal lap times after he is passed?
Old 9 Mar 2001, 08:22 (Ref:69571)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far Out

That's it's for me, I'm off for the Cart Series.

Those unscrupulous purveyors of Ferrari victories. I refuse to be manipulated any longer!
Old 9 Mar 2001, 10:30 (Ref:69579)   #9
Ken
Rookie

Mof, crack me a beer and save me a seat I'll be right there to. I can't wait till Sunday's race.