Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3986421)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had a meeting last night and have decided to move the date of the show and Maharajahs Tour to the 23rd August.Anyone wishing to enter the tour can do so on the Stoke Row Motor Sport Day web site or just contact me. The tour is going to start at the Cherry Tree Pub in Stoke Row. The cars will come to me in the field on the way back for interview but will then carry on and finish at the Cherry Tree for refreshments.What could go wrong .
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:00 (Ref:3986423)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Date changed as requested matey.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3986427)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We had a meeting last night and have decided to move the date of the show and Maharajahs Tour to the 23rd August.Anyone wishing to enter the tour can do so on the Stoke Row Motor Sport Day web site or just contact me. The tour is going to start at the Cherry Tree Pub in Stoke Row. The cars will come to me in the field on the way back for interview but will then carry on and finish at the Cherry Tree for refreshments.What could go wrong .
Ah, now that's a free date for me, ( unlike 19 July now). Hopefully I will be able to come.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3986446)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Here's the link. http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jul 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3989608)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stood in the empty field today and visualised a full quota of race and classic cars . Weather was perfect . Fingers crossed it all comes off on the 23 rd August
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3989613)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Stood in the empty field today and visualised a full quota of race and classic cars . Weather was perfect . Fingers crossed it all comes off on the 23 rd August
So you was "outstanding" in your own field. We all know that Iain
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jul 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3989743)   #32
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Ah, yes. I wondered why the Weather at Donington seemed so good. Had slipped my mind that it was the originally scheduled Delta Motor Sport day. Fingers crossed for the weather "order" to be repeated in August.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3991729)   #33
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain's probably tucked up in his sleeping bag at Brands by now but he's asked me to post this on his behalf...

I find it heart-wrenching writing this letter. We really did hope we could run the show this year. After a long meeting with the rest of the committee last night we have realised that the implications of holding the show are too risky and complicated. This year would have been my 13th year of running it.
The Maharajah’s Tour is still very much a Go !!!!. WE have over 20 cars entered and the tour will be run under the strict guidance from MSUK. Craven Motor Club would like to have up to 60 cars, so if you fancy a run out around the Chiltern countryside starting from Stoke Row and finishing in the field at Nuffield at Delta HQ, you would be very welcome. The entry fee this year is only £40.00. Details to enter can be found on the web site, www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk .
Thank you for all your support over the years with the show. We have raised thousands of pounds for the local charities I only hope we can carry on supporting them next year. Best wishes Iain.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 05:47 (Ref:3991778)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hard choice but well done for taking the decision. We live in difficult times. I hope it comes back bigger and better (if possible) next year.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 06:10 (Ref:3991779)   #35
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Iain's probably tucked up in his sleeping bag at Brands by now but he's asked me to post this on his behalf...

I find it heart-wrenching writing this letter. We really did hope we could run the show this year. After a long meeting with the rest of the committee last night we have realised that the implications of holding the show are too risky and complicated. This year would have been my 13th year of running it.
The Maharajah’s Tour is still very much a Go !!!!. WE have over 20 cars entered and the tour will be run under the strict guidance from MSUK. Craven Motor Club would like to have up to 60 cars, so if you fancy a run out around the Chiltern countryside starting from Stoke Row and finishing in the field at Nuffield at Delta HQ, you would be very welcome. The entry fee this year is only £40.00. Details to enter can be found on the web site, www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk .
Thank you for all your support over the years with the show. We have raised thousands of pounds for the local charities I only hope we can carry on supporting them next year. Best wishes Iain.
Such bad luck for Iain - I hope he is not superstitious!

I was really looking forward to coming too. Hopefully next year...
Old 31 Jul 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3991782)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Have entered the road run.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3991846)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad to read that.

I feel for you Iain.

However, given that they have now banned spectators at Donington for the BTCC AND stopped all of the "pilot" events for the return of a limited number of spectators to other sports I would not be surprised to see further last minute decisions made to disrupt other activities in the coming weeks. SO probably best to bail out before expending more time, effort and probably money on something that is somewhat at risk from external influences.

My eldest daughter had booked out her holiday rental place in Barmouth for the weekend in October when they have bike and buggy races on the beach. However that event has already been cancelled.

It seems that planning anything this year requires some optimism and preparedness for disappointment.

Let's hope that next year is different. In a positive way ...
Old 31 Jul 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3991943)   #38
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Iain - if you don't get a full entry for the run - and I'd say I'd enter but where I live is now in semi-lockdown again due largely to the high incidence of cases in the South-Asian population - let us know, and maybe we can make some contributions to your charity, possibly in Mike's memory?
Old 13 Aug 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3995170)   #39
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have entered the road run and staying at Cherry Tree Inn the night before, as it's my wedding anniversary!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3995174)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Congratulations. Is Mrs Ryan staying too? Will see you there.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3995176)   #41
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it's the form of bribery I needed to be able to do the run.

See you there!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3995240)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Brilliant news . As of today we had nearly 50 cars enters . Well chuffed
Old 21 Aug 2020, 06:58 (Ref:3996788)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So entries are closed and we have 57 cars from top Ferrari ‘s to Austin 7 ‘s. Very excited to catching up with all the tenths entries . Thanks for all your support .👍
Old 21 Aug 2020, 07:25 (Ref:3996790)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, good list of cars there.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 07:34 (Ref:3996791)   #45
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
So entries are closed and we have 57 cars from top Ferrari ‘s to Austin 7 ‘s. Very excited to catching up with all the tenths entries . Thanks for all your support .👍
Iain'z 57 Varieties...?
Old 21 Aug 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3996950)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Very good John .👍
Old 22 Aug 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3997012)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Here is the finish line. It wont be the same with out the classic and racing cars on display but hey ho.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 tour finish line..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	4.94 MB
ID:	63556
Old 22 Aug 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3997031)   #48
HQMsport
Rookie

HQMsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning everyone.

It's very sad that we have no show this year but it's great news that restrictions have been loosened enough to have the tour.

It starts at 10am tomorrow and will conclude at Iain's from around 1pm

We've 58 entries for tomorrows tour and it's an eclectic mix I'm sure you'll agree

1932 Austin 7 RN Saloon - Barney
1934 Fraser Nash or 1955 Porsche 356
1935 Riley Kestrel
1936 Alvis Speed 20SD William Arnold saloon
1939 Alvis 12/70 tourer
1948 Jaguar Mk4
1949 Ford F1 V8 Pick up
1963 Aston Martin DB5
1953 Jaguar C-Type replica
1953 Jaguar C Type replica
1954 Austin A30 2 door salon 948 cc
1955 MG Magnett ZA
1957 Austin Healey 100-6
1957 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1957 Aston Martin DBR1 Continuation
1958 Austin Healey 100/6
1959 Porsche 356A
1959 MGA Mk 2
1934 Alfa Romeo 8c or a 1964 Mk1 Cobra.
1960 Maserati 3500GT
1961 Saab 96
1961 Jaguar E type 3.8 FHC
1963 Fiat 500
1964 Vanden Plas Princess 1100
1965 MGB Roadster
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia
1969 Austin Mini Cooper
1971 Triumph TR6
1971 Porsche - 911E Targa
1973 Jaguar e type
1974 MGB GT
1977 Ferrari 308 GTB
1977 Jaguary XJC
1978 Ferrari 308 GT4
1970 Jaguar 3.8 S
2007 Maserati Gran Sport Spyder
1984 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
1986 Mk2 Marlin Roadster
1988 Jaguar XJS Roadster
1989 Austin Mini
1989 Jaguarsport XJRs 6.0 V12
1991 Rolls Royce Silver Sprit
1991 Mazda Eunos s/c
1992 Mercedes Benz 300TE
1994 Ferrari 355 GTS
1995 Morgan
1996 Morgan 4/4
1998 Morgan Plus 8
1998 ferrari 550
2002 aston martin db7
2005 Maserati 4200 Spyder.
2005 Porsche Boxster 987 2.7l
2009 Caterham supersport
2009 FERRARI F430 COUPE
2011 Ferrari 458 Italia
2018 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Portofino
1973 Porsche 911 Targa
Old 22 Aug 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3997064)   #49
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

I’m at the start already, been at the Cherry Tree Inn since lunchtime if Iain or anyone else fancies a pint 🍻
Old 22 Aug 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3997072)   #50
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great entry......not sure you should allow highly modified stuff like the A30 uprated from 803cc to 948cc.....

Have a good day, all!