Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Apr 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2667771)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Norma's latest chassis .

I must admit having not being paying much attention to this latest project .

Now that one is in that big race in June ..... Im interested in what we can expect .

What exactly can we expect to see from this stable with their M200 ?

I got a feeling that it has a lot in common with a Courage LC75 ?

I believe it will run with a Judd V8 ..... has it tested yet ?

Were the times stunning or what ?

Who will do the driving , apart from Schell ?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2668321)   #2
richie_h
Rookie

richie_h should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt know Norma were building a car for Le Mans, were can i read about it !
Old 7 Apr 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2668338)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_h View Post
I didnt know Norma were building a car for Le Mans, were can i read about it !
Here is some on it. Not much has been released on it that I have seen.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3460.html

L.P.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2668348)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Found this artists impression , released by Norma .

http://www.endurance-info.com/2010_L...orma_M200b.jpg

Found this too ..... so what is it , a coupe or an open topper !?!?!?

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/images/m200.jpg

Last edited by The Badger; 7 Apr 2010 at 17:24.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2668353)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

Before we go any further on this , I reckon they will pull the entry , too new and hasnt even turned a wheel yet .
Old 7 Apr 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2668361)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It's an open-top car, initially it was supposed to be a coupe but then they switched to an open car. That's all I know about this project.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2668377)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
We have had cars debut at Le Mans in the none too distant past - okay it's not the ideal place - and the cars in question (the Pilbeam and the Lucchini if I remember rightly) may not have been the most competitive, but I'd have thought if anything the LM entry will spur Pegasus on in getting it on the track.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2668381)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is anybody else thinking "here we go again..."?

I wish them look and everything, but really, if this thing ever finishes a race I'll be surprised.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2668411)   #9
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They had said at one point that there was an inquiry from a team who was interested on running it in the ALMS in 2011.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2668455)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Before we go any further on this , I reckon they will pull the entry , too new and hasnt even turned a wheel yet .
Heh, sounds like Normas in the past.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2668541)   #11
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

I wish them look and everything, but really, if this thing ever finishes a race I'll be surprised.
Me.

Anyone want to bet on the number of GT cars that will out qualify it?
Old 8 Apr 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2668560)   #12
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Found this artists impression , released by Norma .

http://www.endurance-info.com/2010_L...orma_M200b.jpg

Found this too ..... so what is it , a coupe or an open topper !?!?!?

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/images/m200.jpg
Where's the airflow exit out the nose? Appears to plumb straight into the crash structure with out an obvious exit..
Old 8 Apr 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2668569)   #13
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it's an F duct.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2668672)   #14
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

I'd settle for it starting a race- anyone remember what I think was Norma's first shot at Le Mans? the M6 in 1990- the chassis looked fairly respectable....

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sportrac...nuelLeMans.jpg

...unfortunately this was (allegedly) lurking under the engine cover-
http://modelyf1.ic.cz/historie_main/..._w12/mgn_4.jpg

one of Guy Negre's 3.5 litre MGN W12s, as briefly tested by the AGS F1 team...

The Norma crew spent most of practice unsuccessfully trying to persuade the thing to fire up- IIRC it never turned a wheel all week...
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sportrac...90SpiritOf.jpg
Old 8 Apr 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2668683)   #15
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I must admit having not being paying much attention to this latest project .

Now that one is in that big race in June ..... Im interested in what we can expect .

What exactly can we expect to see from this stable with their M200 ?

I got a feeling that it has a lot in common with a Courage LC75 ?

I believe it will run with a Judd V8 ..... has it tested yet ?

Were the times stunning or what ?

Who will do the driving , apart from Schell ?
Julien Schell of Pegasus Racing told DSC a couple of weeks back that they expected the car to be complete before the first LMS race, but they didn't intend to race it until they'd done some test mileage- last year's LC75 is entered for Paul Ricard instead.
Sounds like they're maybe aiming at a debut at Spa?

Drivers are supposed to be Schell, Jean-Christophe Metz and Frederic da Rocha- think they appeared in the LC75 last year?
Old 9 Apr 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2669204)   #16
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I have to say, the coupe of 1990 was a very attractive thing. I need clarification, because the prominenet 'But' on the front was for??? It just makes me chuckle to open the photo about a car that they could not actually get running- in French 'but' means 'goal?'
Old 9 Apr 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2669220)   #17
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Julien Schell of Pegasus Racing told DSC a couple of weeks back that they expected the car to be complete before the first LMS race, but they didn't intend to race it until they'd done some test mileage- last year's LC75 is entered for Paul Ricard instead.
Sounds like they're maybe aiming at a debut at Spa?

Drivers are supposed to be Schell, Jean-Christophe Metz and Frederic da Rocha- think they appeared in the LC75 last year?
Schell was in the Pegasus LC75 and da Rocha in the Ibanez LC75, while Metz had a single outing in the Pegasus car at Silverstone last year.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2672923)   #18
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just thinking about starting a thread and asking this question.

Has ANYONE seen the Norma yet? Is there an actual tub or is the Norma similar to the USF1 racer?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2672931)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
I was just thinking about starting a thread and asking this question.

Has ANYONE seen the Norma yet? Is there an actual tub or is the Norma similar to the USF1 racer?

Hmm, see post #3.

L.P.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2672933)   #20
davehenrie
Racer

United States
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, see post #3.

L.P.
ok, so they have some work done. Let me rephrase that. Has anyone seen the car as a rolling chassis yet?
thanks
dh
Old 15 Apr 2010, 06:33 (Ref:2672962)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Nope , Havent seen a thing yet .

Heres one for ya . If the Norma M200 aint ready for the race , can Pegasus replace that chassis invite with their LC75 ?
After all , they will still be in the same class , just a differant chassis .

Are you the same Dave Henrie that does the GTR2 modding Dave ?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2672966)   #22
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Nope , Havent seen a thing yet .

Heres one for ya . If the Norma M200 aint ready for the race , can Pegasus replace that chassis invite with their LC75 ?
After all , they will still be in the same class , just a differant chassis .

Are you the same Dave Henrie that does the GTR2 modding Dave ?
GTR2, a little in rFactor, yup...dats me.
dh
Old 15 Apr 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2673038)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

Hats off and respect ..... Im over at NAGP .
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2673121)   #24
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Hats off and respect ..... Im over at NAGP .
Cool, it is hard for me to separate the simming from the real racing. Because I'm a fan of the races it translates to fandom for Endurance simming.

(kinda off topic....well it's WAY off topic....) I'm exploring the look of the drawings made available and I can't decide if a RS Spyder or an LC-75 would be the closest substitute to hang a Pegasus skin on if they do make the race.
dh
Old 15 Apr 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2673148)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

From what I have seen ..... I would suggest the LC75 .

Also for the LMPC , I reckon its the closest thing about .