Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Oct 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3935939)   #151
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More random shots
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8461.jpg   IMG_8442.jpg   IMG_8455.JPG  

IMG_8457.jpg   IMG_8465.jpg   IMG_8467.jpg  

Old 20 Oct 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3935945)   #152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems M Stretton got a penalty. Headlamps not working in the very last minutes of the race. He was aware because he went off the track at the S de la Verrerie so already punished… If I can express myself I find this rather unfair. Either you black flag him because its dangerous or you fine him. Just my opinion.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3935946)   #153
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Agreed John! Another major problem when age comes is that we have a "slight" tendency to repeat thing again… and again!

Will thanks for the link, great video. may be its part of the epic battle Merlin/ Stretton. I guess Merlin bought the ex-JD Classics car and uses a 3.8 litre engine now. Fantastic song!
Edit: Sorry its not M Stretton.
I think its the Guenat/Mahe series regular with another Equipe Cobra ahead.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 04:41 (Ref:3936000)   #154
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Seems M Stretton got a penalty. Headlamps not working in the very last minutes of the race. He was aware because he went off the track at the S de la Verrerie so already punished… If I can express myself I find this rather unfair. Either you black flag him because its dangerous or you fine him. Just my opinion.
The organisers were putting up warning signs to any car with lights not working ..There was no excuse .
Old 21 Oct 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3936005)   #155
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Cheers for asking about the 917. It was at Le Mans Classic last year with original livery but I think crashed in Night Practice so I imagine they've rebuilt again since then and put a new livery on. Not sure what happened to it in the race or the yellow 512 M that didn't leave the paddock once during the weekend. Odd...

I imagine they were shaking it down pre Le Mans as you mentioned some would be doing.
The Langheck had some issue in the race- or could have been rain related! The yellow 512 doesn’t race in the rain, and as qualifying was wet, it didn’t do that either......
Old 21 Oct 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3936020)   #156
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The Langheck had some issue in the race- or could have been rain related! The yellow 512 doesn’t race in the rain, and as qualifying was wet, it didn’t do that either......
Understandable but surely they would have looked at the forecast.

Just seen a vid of the Vogele 917 come in to the pits with thr entirety of its back bodywork missing. I wonder what happened there. Like it had come clean of.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3936100)   #157
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HUGE thank you to Dr Bob for taking time to take so many pics and then post them. I was not particularly well all weekend so didn’t have the energy to get round all the paddocks, but my normal efforts would have been modest by comparison!

Couple of cars I liked though. The Scirroco has raced a few times, but a while since we’ve seen a 914/6 in CER1......
Attached Thumbnails
6B1DCC62-689D-49BF-91A3-9A7309D4717F.jpeg   1B1F85B6-ED27-48CD-9865-85DE307C86EB.jpeg  
Old 21 Oct 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3936103)   #158
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And the Langheck going out for the race. Started from the back as didn’t qualify.....
Attached Thumbnails
BC9BD2A5-3C5D-4F98-BF9F-DF16A12B310F.jpeg  
Old 21 Oct 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3936108)   #159
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
And the Langheck going out for the race. Started from the back as didn’t qualify.....
LH or K . Or the Pink Pig. Tough one ?
Old 21 Oct 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3936128)   #160
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the pics.
Are you sure the pig was a long tail version?
Old 21 Oct 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3936132)   #161
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the pics.
Are you sure the pig was a long tail version?
The pig was more of a short tail .

Unique to say the least.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3936173)   #162
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes the Pink Pig was a bit of a ‘******* child’, not the best looking but certainly iconic!

Favourite of mine has to be the Hippy Car- Long tail and extraordinary livery.......
Old 22 Oct 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3936179)   #163
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pink Pig was unique, not only because of its livery. Short tail, we could say corkscrew style, its nickname in German was Sau which means pig female. In French its far from a compliment…
For young Will, the car had to stop at Arnage corner. Bear in mind that Arnage is a place where many Brits have a meeting and barbecues. I let you imagine the kind of joke when Germans deliver a very hot pig to Brits starting a barbecue… In a French country!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3936182)   #164
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The pig was more of a short tail .

Unique to say the least.
And configuration was 917/20 a name of its own.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3936224)   #165
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
With a French aero! Well, some help…
Old 31 Oct 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3937869)   #166
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Final championship positions announced this eve. John’s SLR is winner of 60s Endurance Under 2.5l, and his B19 is 2nd in CER1 Under 2.0l.........

Worth a celebration, methinks!
Old 31 Oct 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3937870)   #167
Willmaz223
Veteran

Didn't the 917 win overall ? Pretty good if so.

Well done on final results. On to next year... Remember loading up the entry list to R1 if it was yesterday.
Old 1 Nov 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3937912)   #168
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Didn't the 917 win overall ? Pretty good if so.

Well done on final results. On to next year... Remember loading up the entry list to R1 if it was yesterday.
Possibly the 917 won the big class but I haven’t seen all the results.

Also huge congrats to the Stephens family on 4th in the Under 2.5l Championship, their 1600cc 356 only beaten by the Morgan and 2 x 911s!
Old 1 Nov 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3937946)   #169
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result for the team Mike, congrats to all.

We are well chuffed with our 4th place!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Nov 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3937980)   #170
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Great result for the team Mike, congrats to all.

We are well chuffed with our 4th place!
Cheers Will! If you’d persuaded Dad to do Hungary you could have been on the podium...