Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Nov 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3939805)   #201
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just for you Gerry (and EB); No quiz, merely pictures to admire;
Attached Thumbnails
Oddity 1.jpg   Oddity 2.JPG   oddity 3.JPG  

oddity 4.JPG   oddity 5.JPG   Oddity 6.JPG  

Old 11 Nov 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3939884)   #202
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks a lot, Bob, as a student I was fascinated by the Minor. The last pic is really great, just fantastic.
Let me try for once: rbs, do you think you can recognize the red car?
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3939920)   #203
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a fire truck!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3939923)   #204
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And the ROPS above the driver's head is in fact a water hose!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3939928)   #205
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why do I bother...………………….
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3939931)   #206
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Exactly! I wonder…………
Old 11 Nov 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3939964)   #207
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely the Minor must be one of Nic Mann's creations?

And going back to B Bira, his manager was Prince Chula wasn't he? I read the books many years ago.

I think Bira was alluded to on A Question of Sport last week when they referred to Alex Albon as the second Thai GP driver. I can't think of another, am I mistaken?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Nov 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3939967)   #208
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Just for you Gerry (and EB); No quiz, merely pictures to admire;
I'm liking the Moggy 1000 Baub, but like all of the others posted so far, great pictures, thank you.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3939972)   #209
bauble
Veteran

England
A nice simple sequence question, and so easy that there are three different answers, all logical, and easily spotted. How many can you find? Answers on a PM to bauble @ Ten/tenths.
Attached Thumbnails
Rid 5.JPG   Rid 1.JPG   Rid, 3.JPG  

Rid 2.JPG   Rid 7.jpg   Rid 4.jpg  

Old 11 Nov 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3939973)   #210
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean ?, Cooper, Scarab/ Maserati, ?, Vector and Mog'? I let a chance to Viva…
Old 11 Nov 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3939978)   #211
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You mean ?, Cooper, Scarab/ Maserati, ?, Vector and Mog'? I let a chance to Viva…
Incroyable!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3939985)   #212
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm the best ex-Frog playing your game!! Well, trying to…
Old 11 Nov 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3939986)   #213
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re 202, I thnk it is the Aston Martin 15-98.

Last edited by rbs; 11 Nov 2019 at 17:28. Reason: extra 0 added
Old 11 Nov 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3939988)   #214
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re 209, Talbot, Arnott, Scarab, Frazer Nash, Velox & Morgan.

These were a bit easy Bob.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3939998)   #215
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Re 209, Talbot, Arnott, Scarab, Frazer Nash, Velox & Morgan.

These were a bit easy Bob.
Any fool can recognise them but ''''

Nobody asked you to NAME the cars RB, you have to put the pictures in the correct order - three times GET ON WITH IT!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3940003)   #216
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Let me try for once: rbs, do you think you can recognize the red car?
Quote:
Re 202, I thnk it is the Aston Martin 15-98.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	54499

RB knows his stuff Gerard.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3940009)   #217
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Re 209, Here are a couple of attempts. Age, Vauxhall A Velox , Frazer Nash Super Sport 1929, Talbot 105 1932,
Arnott 1952, Scarab 1960, Morgan 1974.

Engine size, Arnott, Frazer Nash, Scarab,Vauxhall Velox, Talbot, Morgan
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3940011)   #218
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I think Bira was alluded to on A Question of Sport last week when they referred to Alex Albon as the second Thai GP driver. I can't think of another, am I mistaken?

You are correct Max, Just the 2.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3940013)   #219
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Re 209, Here are a couple of attempts. Age, Vauxhall A Velox , Frazer Nash Super Sport 1929, Talbot 105 1932,
Arnott 1952, Scarab 1960, Morgan 1974.

Engine size, Arnott, Frazer Nash, Scarab,Vauxhall Velox, Talbot, Morgan
Blabber mouth, let he whole forum know the answers.

I am surprised you missed the third sequence, you of all people.

And not even quite correct.

Last edited by bauble; 11 Nov 2019 at 19:39.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3940050)   #220
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Surely the Minor must be one of Nic Mann's creations?
Funnily enough, seeing Gérard's interest in Morris Minors I sent him details and videos of Nicks 600bhp Rover V8 turbo with Nitrous powered car from back when I knew him. Posted in the tea break thread so as not to detract from the photos here. Also some info on a subsequent project, his 'Mannic' 4WD clubmans car, fitted with a turbocharged BDT and helped along with a helicopter sourced turbine to reduce turbo lag!

Fascinating cars both. Posted here:
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5627
Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:39 (Ref:3940051)   #221
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It’s a 1931 Works Talbot 105!
Nearly correct.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3940054)   #222
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Morris Minor is owned and raced by Craig Percy in the CSCC's Special Saloon car series . Built by Chris Isaacs Racing the Moggy is based on a 1968 Police Car and is powered by a 6.3 litre Chevrolet V8 engine .
Old 12 Nov 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3940114)   #223
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Blabber mouth, let he whole forum know the answers.

I am surprised you missed the third sequence, you of all people.

And not even quite correct.
Sorry I pressed th send button & realised what I had done. Will have to this more thought today at work.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3940120)   #224
bauble
Veteran

England
The fascination with Morris Minors reminded me of this sequence from the Classic; Perhaps not my most brilliant of efforts, but it might please Gerry Mo.
Attached Thumbnails
080.JPG   081.JPG   082.JPG  

083.JPG   084.JPG  
Old 12 Nov 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3940134)   #225
bauble
Veteran

England
In a batch that is sure to displease John Ruston, these are from the Bentley Drivers Club Silverstone 2006; Sorry JR;
Attached Thumbnails
BDC 061.JPG   BDC 066.JPG   BDC 065.JPG  

BDC 063.JPG   BDC 062.JPG   BDC 064.JPG