Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 5 Dec 2007, 00:38 (Ref:2081749)   #126
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
No,
I like one punter,one vote.
I picked mine earlier...
Old 5 Dec 2007, 03:20 (Ref:2081798)   #127
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
I think if you voted for yourself you would be very sad, to be honest.
Get real. Every single entrant ought to vote for themselves ... they've taken the time to enter what they think is their best photo, and although only for fun and no money, one must have confidence and clarity with their own work. If you can't support yourself in the art of photography, what's the point?
Old 5 Dec 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2082057)   #128
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I would have to disagree. I'm proud of the pictures I submitted, but having seen the others I'm happy to admit that they may not be the best there. I've voted for what I believe is the best photo there, regardless of who took it.

If by some freak chance I end up losing out by a single vote I won't blame myself for not voting for myself, I'll be happy knowing I lost out to a better picture. If you genuinely hand-on-heart believe your is the best photo there then vote for it, but don't do it because you feel you have to.

Interesting that you say this is just for fun yet if MagnetOn's earlier suggestion is that people are getting their friends and parents to register with the sole purpose of voting then clearly some people are taking this a little too seriously. Personally I'd get far more satisfaction from knowing that some fellow competitors voted for my than being able to shanghai a few relatives.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2082099)   #129
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at the risk of seeming indelicate - there is one picture conspicuously far ahead of all the others - is it really that much better? Looking at the images - and there are some great ones - I thought it would be a closer run thing.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2082108)   #130
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Isn't that number of views not number of votes?
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2082113)   #131
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you vote you can see the number of votes - or I can anyway - is that supposed to happen?
Old 5 Dec 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2082265)   #132
redshoes
Veteran

Oh yeah, I missed that.

I'm sure once voting is over MagnetOn can post a list of who voted.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 18:27 (Ref:2082286)   #133
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could see who voted yesterday or Monday. But now you can't.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2082287)   #134
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
at the risk of seeming indelicate - there is one picture conspicuously far ahead of all the others - is it really that much better? Looking at the images - and there are some great ones - I thought it would be a closer run thing.
I thought the same thing. While spectacular, it's not the best picture I've seen taken by that individual!

Last edited by zac510; 5 Dec 2007 at 18:31.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2082339)   #135
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I thought the same thing. While spectacular, it's not the best picture I've seen taken by that individual!
That might be true, but that is one they have decided to enter.

We have only had a few days of voting, are people taking things too serious?

I dont see the need to know who voted for what but how many votes each photo received would be good.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2082382)   #136
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
it cant be that bad if its getting the votes
Old 5 Dec 2007, 22:58 (Ref:2082466)   #137
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I voted for the one I felt worked best. It's NOT the one running away with the votes... Now do you see why I'm not a Pro???
Old 6 Dec 2007, 00:52 (Ref:2082519)   #138
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Well, I voted for the one I felt worked best. It's NOT the one running away with the votes... Now do you see why I'm not a Pro???
Same here. I voted for an image that I thought was technically sound....but I suppose people like glitzy images dont they!
Old 6 Dec 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2082746)   #139
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
it cant be that bad if its getting the votes
It's not bad, no, and I definitely didn't mean offence to the shooter.

Ironically I submitted a glitzy image and it has received a few votes too, while my other 'normal' pic has a big fat '0'!!