Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Jan 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3188176)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Some valid points made in counter to mine and believe me, I "get" that the cars need to look good. My point though is that the cars looking good just is not going to be enough to cut it here.

Many of the responses that I see are along the lines of "IndyCar should do this like NASCAR" or "IndyCar should do that like F1." Then the chorus begins chiming in about "costs."

The best point made here so far is to question why the focus is not very strong on revenues.

This keeps bringing me back to my question: "Why does the series exist?" What is the competitive purpose here? We here the chant about "costs" and all that is really doing is preserving the status quo for poor, struggling owners like Ganassi and Penske.

Here is something the think about: In the past, part of the equation that made a series great/popular was the owners but they were attracted TO the series for competitive reasons.

Here we have a model where they are trying to make the series great/popular FOR the owners.

Maybe Roger and Floyd can buy/build a track and go race each other because really, that seems to be what it has come down to.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.