Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 26 Aug 2003, 19:25 (Ref:699889)   #76
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that would explain why the above photos are so blurred.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 21:14 (Ref:700028)   #77
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
damon some of your portraits look a little back focused. auto can sometimes zip onto whatever it seems most prominently. i'd still leave it on, just be careful. trying to get h&s of bobbing drivers faces is a nightmare...i'd honestly prefer cars moving at 150mph.

rob...you're right, your 2nd picture is your best, nice composition and the kerbing frames the cars well.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 22:20 (Ref:700086)   #78
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rdjones - what camera are you using?

My thoughts on the two photos above are that they capture some good action. They show some of the 'decisive moments' that Cartier-Bresson is famous for with a different subject, and the moments that you see in Autosport each week.

The first picture : I think if the red car had been further tipped round or indeed less, the picture would be poorer. I can see the rest of the field barrelling into the picture and I think "what happened next?". A lot of pictures don't elicit this response. As for cons, some space to the right showing the Honda in its entirety, and cropping some of the bottom off to concentrate my view on the two MGs and the sideways car behind. Also, the "g [flag]" is a little distracting.
A longer lens or a crop would definitely improve this picture.

The second shot is nice though a little lacking in vibrancy. Depth of field is good as the cars appear to be sharp while the foreground and background dissolve to a slight blur, concentrating my attention on the subject. Obviously either the orange car has nudged inside, or the silver car is trying the long way round, and its nice to be able to 'read' a picture straight away. Perhaps a little more space on the left for the cars to 'move into', a line of progression? Again the little bit of hoarding is distracting - either leave it out completely, or include more.

Of course, both pictures would have benefitted from a lower viewpoint but I guess fencing prevented that.

A plus on both pictures are that the wheels are blurred but the cars appear sharp, so big points for the right shutter speed.

Bye!
Old 27 Aug 2003, 06:29 (Ref:700294)   #79
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by G_Ilott
rdjones - what camera are you using?
I have a Fuji S602 zoom, its not an SLR, but I have to say I have had some really good results.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 07:07 (Ref:700323)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Definitely a very good picture Rob.