Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Aug 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2938047)   #1
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC - Anglesey

Hey guys, awesome weekend at Anglesey again and the thunder storms that were predicted stayed away. Some great racing as usual, few shots below:

And one of the 'cloudy' view

Did my usual trick and took WAAAAY too many shots, feel free to peruse at your leisure
http://www.davidstallardphotography....325144_DGMd3Ws

Thanks for looking, but more importantly thanks for making the effort to turn up at such an awesome circuit.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 10 Aug 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2938079)   #2
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics as always Dave, nice to finally meet you Sunday morning. There's now photographic proof I do wash the car (sometimes)
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 10 Aug 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2938148)   #3
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Helo david. i think we had a natter in the Paddock. I was there Spannering Geoff Parkinsons Tuscan (Car 36) in the swinging 60's race. You probably noticed my Big Blue Dodge?

its a shame that more of the soft southern shandy drinkers don't make the effort!! some of the guys did but really I think a lot don't realise what a good circuit they are missing and its no further than us northerners driving down to brands!!

Good weekends racing, geoff was hoping no one caught his pirrouette next to the Pit wall

good
to meet you.

Neil
Old 10 Aug 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2938154)   #4
Moosehead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
. You probably noticed my Big Blue Dodge?
I did! Even took a piccy of it cuz I thought it was in unusally good nick for one of them. If I could find my camera lead I'd upload it
Old 10 Aug 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2938159)   #5
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I did! Even took a piccy of it cuz I thought it was in unusally good nick for one of them. If I could find my camera lead I'd upload it
Its amazing what a bare metal re-spray will do
I bought it a while ago and it has had a fair bit of work to get it looking like that. I wanted something in keeping with the Griff it will eventually pull around. just the interior left to do. It was actually its first run out and it behaved impeccably on a 450mile round trip run, allbeit at about 21 to the gallon

N.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2938218)   #6
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Neil, unless you were helping out on the Triumph then I don't think we spoke, as for the sexy little Tuscan. . . .you mean this one?

.DAVID.

Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2938219)   #7
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Great pics as always Dave, nice to finally meet you Sunday morning. There's now photographic proof I do wash the car (sometimes)
Proof indeed

.DAVID.

Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2938223)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post

LOL, I don't think Geoff expected me to outbrake him there and he went a little wide
Old 10 Aug 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2938281)   #9
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Nice pics David.
If it wasn't you I spoke to, it must have been another well kitted out photographer who slept under canvas covering the event. Will make sure we say hello at the next event.

as for Geoff running wide, I think he felt that the see air wasn't bracing enough to keep him as alert as usual, I think their was also quite a bit of oil swimming about.

The car was running well all weekend, we were Black flagged at one stage for a phantom radiator cap but everything was OK when inspected.

All in all a great weekend.

The Stang looked good out on track, along with that lovely aircraft carrier on M sections sliding about which looked lovely drifting onto the start finish straight.

need to get mine out there soon.

N.

Last edited by Heightswitch; 10 Aug 2011 at 21:19.
Old 11 Aug 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2938474)   #10
Mrs S
Rookie

England
Mrs S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey pics

Here is a link to a few pics i took.

http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/simpson58/CSCC%20Anglesey%202011/?start=all
Old 11 Aug 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2938475)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent set of pix, David - I'll link to them on the CSCC section of the forum if that's OK.....
Old 11 Aug 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2938522)   #12
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Excellent set of pix, David - I'll link to them on the CSCC section of the forum if that's OK.....
That would be great thanks - Thought I had looked everywhere. . . . there is a CSCC section?

.DAVID.

Old 11 Aug 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2938564)   #13
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
The Stang looked good out on track, along with that lovely aircraft carrier on M sections sliding about which looked lovely drifting onto the start finish straight.

need to get mine out there soon.

N.
Ahh that'll be Jon's Falcon that I was spannering on. I didn't realise who you were - put 2 + 2 together now - been following your car build on the other side. Looking forward to seeing it out soon.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2939529)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
That would be great thanks - Thought I had looked everywhere. . . . there is a CSCC section?

.DAVID.

Yeah, but its restricted to CSCC members - though I'm sure Andy97 could arrange for you to access it.......I have posted the link there though! - and people are viewing them!

Richard
Old 14 Aug 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2939556)   #15
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
Confusing as I'm a CSCC member (being club tog) but I still can't find it

.DAVID.

Old 14 Aug 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2939594)   #16
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Send Andy97 a pm & he should give you access as a member.