Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jan 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3951578)   #251
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having endured the never-ending roadworks on the M20 as part of the preparations for Brexit, I see the road is now going to be closed for some weeks at night whilst they take all the newly-installed barriers etc out again!

Not quite 1 April yet, is it?
Old 14 Jan 2020, 21:19 (Ref:3951630)   #252
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
For those of you who have been enjoying Bauble's picture gallery, I came across reference to this site on Facebook the other day - might be of interest to those of a more north of England or Scottish persuasion, since many of the pics (particularly the race ones) are of Croft, Ingliston or Knockhill.

www.j777awd.co.uk
Richard, thanks for posting the link, great photos.
Old 14 Jan 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3951642)   #253
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
For those of you who have been enjoying Bauble's picture gallery, I came across reference to this site on Facebook the other day - might be of interest to those of a more north of England or Scottish persuasion, since many of the pics (particularly the race ones) are of Croft, Ingliston or Knockhill.

www.j777awd.co.uk

Thanks for the link Richard, some real memories for me of hillclimbs at Fintray when I was knee high. Jack, who took the photos, was a friend of the family and was always around when my brother was rallying Imps back in the day but we lost touch when we moved south in 1970. Small world!
Old 15 Jan 2020, 06:17 (Ref:3951686)   #254
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The power of tenths to bring back memories.....

So the county of Rutland is now to be blessed with a 24hr Maccy D! Very useful for some folk I’m sure, but sadly, from my experience around here, the amount of roadside litter in the surrounding area will increase significantly. I know the company tries to limit this, but it happens.

Rant over...
Old 15 Jan 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3951689)   #255
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

So the county of Rutland is now to be blessed with a 24hr Maccy D! Very useful for some folk I’m sure, but sadly, from my experience around here, the amount of roadside litter in the surrounding area will increase significantly. I know the company tries to limit this, but it happens.

Rant over...
If it is as windy there as it is here it will all have blown into the next county by now, so someone else's problem!
Old 15 Jan 2020, 07:40 (Ref:3951690)   #256
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
If it is as windy there as it is here it will all have blown into the next county by now, so someone else's problem!
Thank you for that John, from Leicestershire!
Old 15 Jan 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3951693)   #257
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I sometimes get a craving for Bic MAC . Usually half way through I’ve gone of the idea . Love the milk shakes though .
Old 15 Jan 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3951707)   #258
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thank you for that John, from Leicestershire!
Hopefully the prevailing wind will be blowing it Eastwards and Leicestershire will be saved.

I'm slightly surprised that Rutland is big enough to support a MacDonalds franchise. The economics must be tenuous.

Old 15 Jan 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3951715)   #259
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems it’s going to be located on an out of town junction that already has a petrol station, so possibly they're looking to attract passing traffic. This means more chance of rubbish bring thrown out of windows in my book! No idea how busy the road is......

Re the food- their wraps are OK, but only about half the size they look in pics! Reckon the lady actor in the current ads has very small hands.......
Old 15 Jan 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3951719)   #260
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Seems it’s going to be located on an out of town junction that already has a petrol station, so possibly they're looking to attract passing traffic. This means more chance of rubbish bring thrown out of windows in my book! No idea how busy the road is......

Re the food- their wraps are OK, but only about half the size they look in pics! Reckon the lady actor in the current ads has very small hands.......

You've got too much time on your hands!
Old 15 Jan 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3951722)   #261
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Clever...

I can remember over 50 years ago sprinting in the rain to the staff car park where I worked, unlocking my car door and getting in, then realising it wasn’t the right car. This morning I almost did the same (not the sprinting bit ), but fortunately car security has improved a bit since the Ford 100E....
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3951741)   #262
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone said , " And now for something completely different "

January 2020 is supposed to be the release date of a film documentary about The Rendlesham forest incident . There is also to be an 8 part series about it on TV with Lawrence Fishburne as lead actor .

40 years , this year , since it happened & it is still rated as one of the most significant UFO stories in the world .

Having been there at the time , have followed the story with interest , and have always been amazed at how the UFO believers still keep bringing it up . But I suppose it does make money for some people .
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3951743)   #263
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
My thoughts entirely - won't it be a good thing when racing starts again??
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3951756)   #264
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
My thoughts entirely - won't it be a good thing when racing starts again??
Yes I am now itching to get back racing.14 sleeps to go for me.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3951778)   #265
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes I am now itching to get back racing.14 sleeps to go for me.
Rallying at Brands on Saturday 2020 is go
Old 15 Jan 2020, 15:49 (Ref:3951783)   #266
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No rest for the wicked:

A Formula E Test Day last Thursday, a MUK Training day last Sunday, a MUK Committee meeting tonight, the CMMC Dinner on Saturday @ Brands & the VSCC Training / Dinner the following weekend.

Then it's February, how did I ever have time to go to work?
Old 15 Jan 2020, 21:45 (Ref:3951850)   #267
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Rallying at Brands on Saturday 2020 is go
Plus VSCC time trials at Brooklands on Sunday, hardly racing I know but some of the entrants really know how to throw those old Austin specials around
Old 15 Jan 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3951852)   #268
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yep, well done tenths once again. Emailed Jack and he replied to say he has lots of photos of my brother when they were young, hopefully some of his Imps as the one of him in the Mexico (previously featured on these pages) is the only one I have of his rallying days. He recalled being lent my brother's Mirafiori for an autotest at Fordoun without realising quite how well it responded to a handbrake turn - no seat belts worn back then, he ended up in the passenger footwell
Old 15 Jan 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3951854)   #269
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The Golden Arches should really do more research before locating some of their stores...look what happened in Yass NSW Awstrayleeyah!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...79213203267136
Old 15 Jan 2020, 23:23 (Ref:3951862)   #270
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
The Golden Arches should really do more research before locating some of their stores...look what happened in Yass NSW Awstrayleeyah!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...79213203267136
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3951904)   #271
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
There's a brand new unused McDonald's sitting just outside St Pol sur Ternoise. Having given permission for it to be built, the authorities changed their minds a bit late in the day, so don't come to Croix next summer thinking how much you fancy a Big Mac, Delta!
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3951907)   #272
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
There's a brand new unused McDonald's sitting just outside St Pol sur Ternoise. Having given permission for it to be built, the authorities changed their minds a bit late in the day, so don't come to Croix next summer thinking how much you fancy a Big Mac, Delta!
When I lived in N Norfolk, Tesco bought a piece of land on the edge of the local town ready for a Supermarket, then applied for building permission. They never got it, but no idea what happened to the plot..... The town has now got a Waitrose, but they were more clever and took over a failed garden / DIY chain property.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3951912)   #273
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
When I lived in N Norfolk, Tesco bought a piece of land on the edge of the local town ready for a Supermarket, then applied for building permission. They never got it, but no idea what happened to the plot..... The town has now got a Waitrose, but they were more clever and took over a failed garden / DIY chain property.
Sheringham?
Old 16 Jan 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3951914)   #274
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Interesting, that is reminiscent of a famous judicial review which resulted in the legal term "Wednesbury Unreasonableness".
Old 16 Jan 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3951916)   #275
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Interesting, that is reminiscent of a famous judicial review which resulted in the legal term "Wednesbury Unreasonableness".
St Pol has form in that respect. Around the same time they tried a similar stunt on Leclerc's when their new supermarket was halfway built, but they fought back & won.
Closed Thread