Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Nov 2020, 20:22 (Ref:4017755)   #201
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
DragonSpeed will return to the LMP2 class, with Henrik Hedman, Ben Hanley and Juan Pablo Montoya (!!!).
Old 24 Nov 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4018514)   #202
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
DragonSpeed will return to the LMP2 class, with Henrik Hedman, Ben Hanley and Juan Pablo Montoya (!!!).
Excellent news! Pretty strong line up by any standards?
Old 2 Dec 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4020137)   #203
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Magnussen (Jan) - Fjordbach - Andersen at High Class Racing in 2021

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...1-fia-wec.html
Old 2 Dec 2020, 18:48 (Ref:4020233)   #204
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Magnussen (Jan) - Fjordbach - Andersen at High Class Racing in 2021

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...1-fia-wec.html
So if Kevin get a seat in another LMP2 we will see a father vs. son race
Old 5 Dec 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4020741)   #205
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of updates and clarifications for the new season here.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...ualifying.html
Old 10 Dec 2020, 11:29 (Ref:4021927)   #206
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Racing Team Nederland back with Van Eerd and van der Garde.
de Vries is dropped and replaced by Van Uitert.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ra...-au-programme/
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4022392)   #207
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Estre-Jani and Bruni-Lietz for Porsche in 2021.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...021-wec-lineup

According to the same article these drivers will lose their factory driver status in 2021:
* Patrick Pilet
* Sven Muller
* Dirk Werner
* Earl Bamber
* Michael Christensen
* Nick Tandy

Christensen en Bamber will get customer racing programmes and remain in the Porsche family.
Tandy had already jumped ship to Corvette
No idea what's in store for Pilet, Muller and Werner
Old 12 Dec 2020, 19:56 (Ref:4022423)   #208
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't quite believe they've dropped Bamber as a factory driver.
Sure, the rest are very good drivers, but Bamber seemed to have that extra something special, he could literally jump into any car and be as fast as the very best.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4022440)   #209
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Sure, the rest are very good drivers, but Bamber seemed to have that extra something special, he could literally jump into any car and be as fast as the very best.
I'm with you on that.

Personally, if 6 had to leave, I would have dropped Dumas. He's not getting younger and his best years are behind him.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4022465)   #210
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Preperation for Porsche LMP program?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 08:38 (Ref:4022525)   #211
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
+100
Old 13 Dec 2020, 08:39 (Ref:4022526)   #212
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Preperation for Porsche LMP program?

I had the exact same thought. Lets hope!
Old 13 Dec 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4022565)   #213
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I had the exact same thought. Lets hope!
Hope so too - but would Nick Tandy have left if that were the case? I find the decisions to be very confusing and i don't understand the different designations. They list Pat Long as a works driver - but he has only done customer GT3 (RSR for Le Mans) in the States.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4022569)   #214
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Maybe the designations aren't worth that much?

If I understand correctly, Bamber and Christensen will be available to Porsche customer teams for almost any programme., so it's quite possible they will get a whole lot of the nice races (Spa, Nurburgring, Le Mans, some SRO World Challenge Endurance outings) without being "stuck" on a single chamnpionship.

If that's the case, that doesn't sound too bad and maybe even better than a full factory driver's programme?
(Sure, you can't win a champiobship, but does that always matter?)
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:51 (Ref:4022589)   #215
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Yes, its all a bit strange.
I suspect Tandy wanted to keep racing in the states and Bamber also has his own Team.
I don't know if any of this played a part in the decision/s , but I was as confused as most.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 10:13 (Ref:4023582)   #216
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Albuquerque - Hanson - Fabio Scherer for United in WEC.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...e-defence.html
https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fa...ed-autosports/
Old 19 Dec 2020, 18:17 (Ref:4023941)   #217
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota testing progressing well and Alpine have taken delivery of their Oreca.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...n-second-test/
Old 23 Dec 2020, 08:38 (Ref:4024707)   #218
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another nail in the coffin for GTE, Aston Martin ceases its factory programme:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...programme.html
Old 23 Dec 2020, 09:23 (Ref:4024712)   #219
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really can't see GTE continuing for long at this point. It's just 4 full time entries in the WEC
Old 23 Dec 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4024714)   #220
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GTE will continue until they replace it with LMP3, whoever’s making the decisions HATES GT racing. It’s the only explanation as to why they won’t touch GT3 with a barge pole.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4024725)   #221
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Team Car Guy withdraw from 2021 WEC due to Covid-19.
The team found it difficult to travel around the world with Japanese staff.
However, Takeshi Kimura personally wants to participate in the Le Mans 24h.
The team had bought Ferrari 488GTE.
Instead, the team will participate in Asian Le Mans.
https://www.facebook.com/carguy.jp/p...3357?__tn__=-R
Old 23 Dec 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4024741)   #222
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
GTE will continue until they replace it with LMP3, whoever’s making the decisions HATES GT racing. It’s the only explanation as to why they won’t touch GT3 with a barge pole.
Its more likely that Le Mans grid will be 100% LMH/LMDPH/LMP2 in the future. There could be enough cars and teams just from those categories. Before it gets to that GTE AM will continue on for a couple more years. I can see GTE AM surviving through 2023. After that its either what I mentioned above or some P3's are brought in to fill a 60 car grid at the back. GTE Pro might be done after this year. I just don't see ACO and WEC caring much about GT racing right now sadly. Even John Doonan in IMSA is not really a GT guy.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 13:25 (Ref:4024758)   #223
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Its more likely that Le Mans grid will be 100% LMH/LMDPH/LMP2 in the future. There could be enough cars and teams just from those categories. Before it gets to that GTE AM will continue on for a couple more years. I can see GTE AM surviving through 2023. After that its either what I mentioned above or some P3's are brought in to fill a 60 car grid at the back. GTE Pro might be done after this year. I just don't see ACO and WEC caring much about GT racing right now sadly. Even John Doonan in IMSA is not really a GT guy.
GTE will become GT3 likely in 2022 IMO.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4024760)   #224
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
GTE will become GT3 likely in 2022 IMO.
In IMSA series yes. ACO/WEC won't tough GT3 with a 39 1/2 foot pole. They are more likely to let GTE Pro go away. Keep GT Am for 2 more years maybe. Then it will 100% prototype fields like 1980's for the rest of the 2020's. My prediction.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 14:17 (Ref:4024777)   #225
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
In IMSA series yes. ACO/WEC won't tough GT3 with a 39 1/2 foot pole. They are more likely to let GTE Pro go away. Keep GT Am for 2 more years maybe. Then it will 100% prototype fields like 1980's for the rest of the 2020's. My prediction.
Unlike you we are a WEC/ACO entrant. Unlike you we talk to them regularly. Your prediction is very unlikely and our's isn't.