Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which class makes your mouth water?
LMP1 21 56.76%
LMP2 2 5.41%
GT1 10 27.03%
GT2 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Mar 2007, 02:30 (Ref:1856016)   #1
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The class to watch this year at La Sarthe?

Hi all,

Interested to know which class has the most appeal for you at this years Le Mans..........cannot believe the quality of the entries - should be the finest race for years.

LMP1 takes it for me.....world class drivers left right and center including both established sportscar legends and up and coming pace machines. All this coupled with by far the most competitive chassis/engine combos we have seen in ages.

GT1 seems mouth watering as well though so it is a tough one to call.

Cannot wait!!!

PS.........word on the vine is that a familiar face might be returning to the arena.......massive big quick through the parabolica anyone?
Old 3 Mar 2007, 02:43 (Ref:1856020)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
None of the above!! I vote for ALL !!
L.P.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 05:37 (Ref:1856066)   #3
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is no weakness at Le Mans this year...its going to be an awesome race...so my vote is for all too
Old 3 Mar 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1856122)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've gone for GT2. With LMP1 it's probably going to be Audi or Peugeot. In LMP2 maybe RML or a Radical. GT1 is likely to be Corvette (who'd bet against them, afterall?).

GT2? In some ways it could be ANY of them! I'd hate to have to put money on a winner in that class.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1856160)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Poll: Which class makes your mouth water?
LMP1

LMP2

GT1

GT2

Erm..............
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1856776)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went for GT1, it was a close call though as I think that LMP1 could be a very good battle too depending on how good the new Peugoet and Zytek's are. That said the prospect of seeing the works Saleens against the works Corvettes and Aston Martin's is more of a mouth watering prospect. IMO. Fingers crossed for Oreca this year!
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1856782)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll agree with Bob about GT2, a class which in recent years has provided little variety other than the paint schemes of the 911s. This year we have the proven F430, new 997s coming along, plus Panoz looking to defend their 2006 victory, plus the Spykers in as a Dark Horse.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1856783)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I went for GT1..... Fingers crossed for Oreca this year!
That really does sum up GT1. The Corvette/AMR dingdong is almost a given, but if Oreca can find the pace to mix it with these two, GT1 moves up to an entirely different level of competition. I've also got everything crossed for the Oreca challenge!
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1857121)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
jasus ..... thats a hard question mate !!!

LPM1 tractor race should be great , Audi and Pug will probably disapear off into the distance , until Pug get woes and Audi wins the race , 3 against 2 remember !!! Pescarolo will have some stiff charecters to face this year , possibily more so than ever .

Good scrap all around i reckon .

LMP2
Brilliant selection of chassis and engine combos . Some well sorted teams with well sorted cars .

Another great scrap .

GT1
If Aston Martin can scrap with Corvette this year like they did last year , with the others trying to throw a spanner in their works ..... its going to be fantastic too .

GT2
I got a feeling that the ACO are hoping for a Ferrari win , 5 against 4 and the 2 next Gt2 reserves being 430's too . Seikel will probably sell their car to the wonderfully quick Ehret-Neilsen-Werner and Porsche will probably throw a few works drivers into the 997 teams , but I wonder why the Proton/works supported car didnt get in ?
Hopefully Spyker can trhow a shape this year with their new technical support and Panoz should be there quite nicely too , with their Yoko's .

I think we will be spoiled rotten this year . Im going with the LMP1 petrol powered cars ..... just cuz its my favourite class , but I reckon its going a ding dong in every class !!!

Perfect senario for me would be for the Audi's and Peugeot's going at it hammer and thongs and for them to simply break each other .

RfH , Charouz , Pescarolo or anybody else to win overall cuz i'd love a surprise for a change .
A radical to win LMP2
Oreca to beat Larbre & beat AMR and Corvette

And a Spyker or Porsche to win in Gt2 .

Not askin for much , am I ???

Last edited by The Badger; 3 Mar 2007 at 11:32.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1857122)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic
PS.........word on the vine is that a familiar face might be returning to the arena.......massive big quick through the parabolica anyone?
JJ Lehto !!!
Old 3 Mar 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1857225)   #11
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Perfect senario for me would be for the Audi's and Peugeot's going at it hammer and thongs and for them to simply break each other .

AND Pescarolo
takes the win.

THAT would be great and a WAKE UP call for the manufactures.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1857577)   #12
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
JJ Lehto !!!
haha, sadly not.....since when did JJ have problems with English speaking!?.......its a quote from LMES monza qualiyfing 2005........
Old 4 Mar 2007, 02:52 (Ref:1857604)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
LMP1 and GT1. The best of the best facing off against each other. Frankly, I think the LMP2 and GT2 battles will be better elsewhere.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1857965)   #14
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the battle is good in every class but definetely LMP1, arena, courage, pescarolo, creation, rfh, charouz and swiss spirit not to mention audi and peugeot.

this year will be amazing in LMP1 and GT1 is looking very good this year, 2 oreca saleens is going yo be awesome to watch against the corvettes and aston martins.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1858069)   #15
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe most people think it's happening in P1... Audi will tune the car to be just fast enough compared to Peugeot, and we know the R10s will last. No contest; probably even an Audi podium sweep. We've seen non-VAG cars having great qualifying sessions before, like RFH, but they can't follow the Audi pace for more than the first stint and don't even make it up to the lead. Pescarolo had some kind of an edge with their cars in the last 2 years but they are more or less stalled in their development as opposed to the 2 manufacturers that are throwing enormous amounts of cash at their prototype. The atmo-P1 battle is gonna be interesting to follow because the Pescarolos will be challenged by other very good prototypes. But it's mostly gonna be about reliability; does anyone remember a Zytek, Creation or Courage running for 24 or even 6 trouble-free hours?

LMP2 would be even more interesting with more cars and teams that have proven they can do the job on the long run. Probably an atttrition race over 24 hours again...

GT1 is fantastic with numerous fast Astons, the potentially great Oreca Saleens and the Vettes. I think the Corvettes are gonna struggle for pace and their chances for a win will depend on a trouble-free race, something hard to achieve when rushing to beat numerous serious opponents in your class. The class to watch to me.

GT2 has about the same ingredients, but the teams are a bit further from being manufacturers than in GT1. The new Porsche has been designed with Le Mans in mind with bigger restrictors/more power/more weight but they have quite a small armada this year, the Ferraris look very strong pace-wise and have shown great things on the reliability front, and the Spyker and Panoz look quite strong and won't be far when others inevitably fall... A great race in perspective.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1858232)   #16
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The debut of the Puegeot makes LMP1 the most interesting to me by far. GT1 boasts the best in the world as does GT2, so those will hold my interest. It's arguable, however, that the best LMP2 entries in sports car racing have passed on entries in 2007. Perhaps 2008, then.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1858506)   #17
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix
. But it's mostly gonna be about reliability; does anyone remember a Zytek, Creation or Courage running for 24 or even 6 trouble-free hours?

As a matter of fact I can.......LMES 2005. Zytek won Spa and Nurburgring + Jota put in a fantastic performance at le Mans. 2006 Petit Le Mans? Creation at Silverstone 2005....