Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 Feb 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2138893)   #1
mdwracer
Rookie

mdwracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1966 Oulton Park RAC Tourist Trophy

Hello all,
My name is Mike Winebrenner and I am looking for pictures of the 1966 TT. I own a 1966 Crossle 9S that is powered by a BMW 2.0 that raced in that race and it was green in color,#24,and driven by Peter Gethin and Derek Bennett.

I am looking for any pictures of any cars entered in this event as well as:
Footage of the making of a never produced movie of Steve McQueen called Day Of The Champion. It had in car footage and helicoptor footage and I am looking for all this ????????

Any help or leads appreciated
Mike Winebrenner
mdwracer@aol.com
USA
Old 27 Feb 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2139179)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how many Crossle's ran 2.0 BMW engines in 66? I only ask because I thought John Mould's one was the only one but clearly not.... I think I am right in saying that the Mark Hales/Jon Shipman one was found to be a 67ish one on closer inspection
They are nice cars
Old 27 Feb 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2139392)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Crossle history's are interesting.Suggest someone comes up with a actual list as since the Shipman car there has been as much discussion on 9's as B8's.Not helped by the Terry Hoyle copies (sorry continuation) being knocked out.Sure they will all have HTP's.May have Oulton details in UK but their are a few sites listing Oulton details
Old 28 Feb 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2139755)   #4
mdwracer
Rookie

mdwracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crossle built 3 generations of sports racers in the sixtys. First were 5S's then 7S's and finally 9S's. There were three original 9S's built in 1966-Chassis #'s 27,28,29. Chassis 27 was a blue hill climb car with Ford V8 power, Chassis 28 (C9s-66-28) is green with 2.0 BMW power (my car), and Chassis 29 was a 2.0 BMW as well and was yellow in color. Both the blue V8 car and my green car were in the 66 Oulton TT-V8 car driven by Gerry Kinnane and Derek Bennit and my car driven by Peter Gethin and car owner John L'amie. The V8 car broke and and then my car was driven by Peter Gethin and Derek Bennett (of Chevron). It is interesting that after Derek drove BMW Crossle-he then introduced his BMW B4,then B6, and then the ultra popular B8.
Mike Winebrenner
Old 12 Dec 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2598316)   #5
crossle 5s
Rookie

crossle 5s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crossle Sportsracer History- 5S

Hi,

I just purchased a crossle 5S- per Arnie at Crossle this car was the first sportsracer crossle built.

Owned orginally by John Crossle and raced in Ireland. Any race results or photos would be very appreciated.

Paul
Crossle 5S-
Old 12 Dec 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2598361)   #6
MONDELLO MAN
Rookie

MONDELLO MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwracer View Post
Hello all,
My name is Mike Winebrenner and I am looking for pictures of the 1966 TT. I own a 1966 Crossle 9S that is powered by a BMW 2.0 that raced in that race and it was green in color,#24,and driven by Peter Gethin and Derek Bennett.

I am looking for any pictures of any cars entered in this event as well as:
Footage of the making of a never produced movie of Steve McQueen called Day Of The Champion. It had in car footage and helicoptor footage and I am looking for all this ????????

Any help or leads appreciated
Mike Winebrenner
mdwracer@aol.com
USA
IIRC photo of the car in MOTORSPORT photo coverage of the race
Old 19 Dec 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2602329)   #7
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E mail me . I have one available