Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Nov 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3860371)   #76
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read the Moffat book. It's a detailed book and he's open about his dual personality, the smiling Allan for the PR and camera's and the ruthless operator that holds grudges forever. He lead an interesting life for sure. Didn't know for instance he lived in South Africa as a teenager. I think even if you are not fan, it's an interesting insight into motor racing in the 60's through the 1990's.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3860528)   #77
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I read the Moffat book. It's a detailed book and he's open about his dual personality, the smiling Allan for the PR and camera's and the ruthless operator that holds grudges forever. He lead an interesting life for sure. Didn't know for instance he lived in South Africa as a teenager. I think even if you are not fan, it's an interesting insight into motor racing in the 60's through the 1990's.
It is amazing how many very good drivers are the same, but average race car drivers are not.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3860534)   #78
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picked it up at the Post Office today. Only trouble is the wife grabbed it and wrapped it and said I'd just bought myself a Christmas present...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Nov 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3860541)   #79
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish somebody could edit his Wikipedia page(s) to show he's Australian, and not Canadian:

Old 2 Nov 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3860586)   #80
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is amazing how many very good drivers are the same, but average race car drivers are not.
I think to make it in motorsport, stay in motorsport and make a living as a driver, it certainly requires a very harsh element to your personality as it's a ruthless, competitive business with frequent change as manufacturers, sponsors, series, races, etc come and go quickly. I give him credit for hanging in there as long as he did as few in that era could make it stick that long.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 05:10 (Ref:3860655)   #81
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Wish somebody could edit his Wikipedia page(s) to show he's Australian, and not Canadian:

Having Australia Citizenship doesn't make you Australian. He's a Canadian with Australian Citizenship.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3860687)   #82
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Having Australia Citizenship doesn't make you Australian. He's a Canadian with Australian Citizenship.
Actually cobber thats exactly what it means! Fair dinkum

Getting Australian citizenship is becoming "officially an Australian."
You can join the army or be called up if they choose.

If youre aussie enough to die for the country, youre an Aussie.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3860695)   #83
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Actually cobber thats exactly what it means! Fair dinkum

Getting Australian citizenship is becoming "officially an Australian."
You can join the army or be called up if they choose.

If youre aussie enough to die for the country, youre an Aussie.
OK, forget about all the legal and official paperwork, and let put it practically. If you're not born in Australia, you're not an Australian, and never can be. You can be a citizen of the Australia, but you'll never be an Australian.

I deal with a lot of asian immigrants, and when some of them say they are New Zealanders and I laugh at them, they wonder why. When I explain it to them, they seem to finally get it. Like if I got Chinese citizenship, no one on the planet would call say I'm Chinese, because I'm a white Kiwi and I look nothing like Chinese. The lines seem to be more easily blurred when it's white guy going to another white country because to look at them you can't tell where they were born.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3860773)   #84
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
OK, forget about all the legal and official paperwork, and let put it practically. If you're not born in Australia, you're not an Australian, and never can be. You can be a citizen of the Australia, but you'll never be an Australian.

I deal with a lot of asian immigrants, and when some of them say they are New Zealanders and I laugh at them, they wonder why. When I explain it to them, they seem to finally get it. Like if I got Chinese citizenship, no one on the planet would call say I'm Chinese, because I'm a white Kiwi and I look nothing like Chinese. The lines seem to be more easily blurred when it's white guy going to another white country because to look at them you can't tell where they were born.
So two of Australia’s most recent Prime Ministers aren’t Australian?

You seem to be confusing nationality with race or some other attribute. A person with Australian Citizenship is an Australian for all legal and moral purposes.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3860783)   #85
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand

Last edited by JAFA851; 3 Nov 2018 at 22:19.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3860917)   #86
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Mate I was born in ireland. I came here when I was 4. I went to school here, I got citizenship as soon as i was old enough.
I have a more aussie accent than Paul hogan.

Im a member of an Australian political party, i have done jury duty.
I have worked for the Australian army. I have worked for the Parliament.
i have pledged allegiance to Australia in front of a Government member
I have an Australian passport that says "nationality Australian"
If i wanted to, and enough people liked me I could be prime minister or GG (ok that aint gunna happen)

I have only ever lived here (since i was 4), i love living here and i plan on being cremated here.

And you... a kiwi... are telling me Im not Australian!

Last edited by bathurst77; 4 Nov 2018 at 08:43.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 10:07 (Ref:3860925)   #87
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm, I still won't be rushing out to buy this book. At the very least until Mr. Moffat apologises to me and the young girls who stood behind me last year about his bad attitude and behaviour.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3860981)   #88
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Hmm, I still won't be rushing out to buy this book. At the very least until Mr. Moffat apologises to me and the young girls who stood behind me last year about his bad attitude and behaviour.
I doubt that is going to happen.

I have noticed in the past two years or so that old age has really kicked in for him. He seemed to hold up there pretty good for his age there for a while.