Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2010, 04:29 (Ref:2780561)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg "FPR Needs Changes" - Frosty

Article Here

So Frosty quite rightly points out that the mistakes in the pitlane on the weekend were not the hallmarks of a professional racing team at this level. He suggests that each of these processes needs to be looked at to ensure the failures do not happen again. Mr Winterbottom also professes his love for his engineer

The team principal does the "Not my problem" bit, blaming the "inexperienced codrivers" for the problems at the weekend.

To me, the FPR team never really takes account of itself and any errors that go on. In a regular business, if a manager was in charge of a team that ran as hot and cold as this one in terms of results, they would be rotated out of the roster. But at FPR, it seems to just continue on.

Good on Mr Winterbottom for suggesting change needs to happen. Publicly, nobody else in that crew has had the courage to do so previously. Even in the dark days of the Sodemo million dollar external combusion engines, and 3 old cars for chassis, Mr Lowndes never suggested such change in public.

The frustration from Mr Winterbottom seems immense.

I wonder if the re-signing of his codriver, who had 2 mega crashes when in 2 strong race positions, is another of those things that he thinks requires review?
Old 26 Oct 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2780565)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Article Here

So Frosty quite rightly points out that the mistakes in the pitlane on the weekend were not the hallmarks of a professional racing team at this level. He suggests that each of these processes needs to be looked at to ensure the failures do not happen again. Mr Winterbottom also professes his love for his engineer

The team principal does the "Not my problem" bit, blaming the "inexperienced codrivers" for the problems at the weekend.

To me, the FPR team never really takes account of itself and any errors that go on. In a regular business, if a manager was in charge of a team that ran as hot and cold as this one in terms of results, they would be rotated out of the roster. But at FPR, it seems to just continue on.

Good on Mr Winterbottom for suggesting change needs to happen. Publicly, nobody else in that crew has had the courage to do so previously. Even in the dark days of the Sodemo million dollar external combusion engines, and 3 old cars for chassis, Mr Lowndes never suggested such change in public.

I wonder if the re-signing of his codriver, who had 2 mega crashes when in 2 strong race positions, is another of those things that he thinks requires review?
Could he also be previewing that Mr W.Davison is coming on board next year to help boost the results from a team veiw, as they have being lacking that in the teams championship over the last few years.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Oct 2010, 05:07 (Ref:2780570)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only time I can recall FPR ever seeming moderately professional was when they had J.Bright leading the troupe and an emerging M.Winterbottom starting to annoy the contenders. They seemed to be getting their act together then...

Since Bright left, they have seemed almost inept in a significant number of areas. Not saying he was the reason - it just seemed like his departure coincided with their decline.

I wonder what Mr D.Richards thought of the team's progress after his visit to Bathurst...
Old 26 Oct 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2780612)   #4
marty71
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
marty71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards to sundays race Edwards and Little are totally at fault.The #6 car should have been told to stay out so they could pit there #1 man and fastest man all weekend. Trying to put the blame on Mr Power is laughable.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2780617)   #5
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
The only time I can recall FPR ever seeming moderately professional was when they had J.Bright leading the troupe and an emerging M.Winterbottom starting to annoy the contenders. They seemed to be getting their act together then...
This would have been the work of a John Russell that was deemed no longer wanted by FPR. The same John Russell that has just been hired by 888 to be technical director from Williams GP.

Obviously a man of no skill. lol
Old 26 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2780637)   #6
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Roland Dane and Dave Richards are both exceptionally smart, talented race team owners.

The difference is - one is hands on and personally oversees his team - the other is on the far side of the world.

Dane wanted to focus on his Australian outfit he moved here and sold his interests in the European operation. That's the kind of focus required.

He's the toughest task master in pit lane and he can make life tough for his team. But he gets results.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2780693)   #7
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even in the dark days of the Sodemo million dollar external combusion engines, and 3 old cars for chassis, Mr Lowndes never suggested such change in public.

To be fair, Frosty has given FPR almost 5 seasons now, he should be in a position to speak his mind.

Mr Lowndes Cracked the $#!ts with a team in it's 2nd year of operation...
Old 26 Oct 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2780697)   #8
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty71 View Post
In regards to sundays race Edwards and Little are totally at fault.The #6 car should have been told to stay out so they could pit there #1 man and fastest man all weekend. Trying to put the blame on Mr Power is laughable.
Totally agree.... while Edwards continues to blame inexperienced drivers, bad luck, and other external forces, then FPR have no hope of sorting out their repeated cockups.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2780719)   #9
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
To be fair, Frosty has given FPR almost 5 seasons now, he should be in a position to speak his mind.

Mr Lowndes Cracked the $#!ts with a team in it's 2nd year of operation...
And now look at him, a title contender the last couple of years, bathursts etc. Could almost guarantee it wouldn't have happened at FPR....
Old 27 Oct 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2781368)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Burela is packing his bags...

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/10/...ord-australia/
Old 27 Oct 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2781396)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DR will have to crack the whip pretty hard as he is only going to get busier and busier, next year and more so the year after. He has to have people he can trust, that can perform. Apart from FPR, the Mini WRC programme is ramping up, Aston Martin are building a new LMP1 and new V12 racing engine, add Prodrive's other non motorsport business, then he has Aston Martin itself and possibilities of joint ventures with Merc, which may lead him back to F1 and probably a few other things too! So I doubt he will have much more time for comedy ventures at FPR.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2781416)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
DR will have to crack the whip pretty hard as he is only going to get busier and busier, next year and more so the year after. He has to have people he can trust, that can perform. Apart from FPR, the Mini WRC programme is ramping up, Aston Martin are building a new LMP1 and new V12 racing engine, add Prodrive's other non motorsport business, then he has Aston Martin itself and possibilities of joint ventures with Merc, which may lead him back to F1 and probably a few other things too! So I doubt he will have much more time for comedy ventures at FPR.
So hand it to someone who actually wants to be hands on, and succeed at this level...

There is another blue team out Yatala way who would welcome the funding currently being slurped up by the FPR operation, to hire champion driving talent, and supplement the engineering crew to make their opportunities stronger.

Perhaps Ford should tender for the FPR contract?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2787794)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in AA today is the FPR 'plan' to make people accountable for their positions in that organisation.

'Perform of you're out' is apparently the new mantra.

Meantime some personnel have already departed the good ship FPR during what seems to be an operational restructure.

Too little, too late perhaps?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2787866)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Too little, too late perhaps?
is that a pun?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2787870)   #15
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Roland Dane and Dave Richards are both exceptionally smart, talented race team owners.
Nice sentiments but I think the difference is more like one builds to a standard, the other builds to a price.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2788371)   #16
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to read in AA today is the FPR 'plan' to make people accountable for their positions in that organisation.

'Perform of you're out' is apparently the new mantra.
Should have been the mantra long ago.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2788373)   #17
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Should have been the mantra long ago.
There wouldn't be an FPR if that happened.....
Old 12 Nov 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2788909)   #18
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
There wouldn't be an FPR if that happened.....
It is hard to argue with that
Old 14 Nov 2010, 07:21 (Ref:2789975)   #19
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dick Johnson Racing and Stone Brothers Racing are simply not on the pace.

It is now irrefutable that FPR is the top Ford team and should rightfully command the most money from Ford.

Could people please kindly make a note of that!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2789985)   #20
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Dick Johnson Racing and Stone Brothers Racing are simply not on the pace.

It is now irrefutable that FPR is the top Ford team and should rightfully command the most money from Ford.

Could people please kindly make a note of that!
The sarcasm is strong with you!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2790000)   #21
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The sarcasm is strong with you!
No sarcasm involved really, truly.

Consider my post to be like one of those 'helpful' public awareness announcements. You know the ones I mean, the ones that state the bleeding obvious.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2790019)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they have certainly shown some speed in the last two rounds,

was a shame the first corner incident at indy, but when even Richo is finishing top ten , they have to have found something
Old 14 Nov 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2790037)   #23
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
No sarcasm involved really, truly.

Consider my post to be like one of those 'helpful' public awareness announcements. You know the ones I mean, the ones that state the bleeding obvious.
Oh, my bad. I didn't think you were serious that *one* 1-2 now places them above the championship leading team...
Old 14 Nov 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2790057)   #24
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oh, my bad. I didn't think you were serious that *one* 1-2 now places them above the championship leading team...
Who appear to be coming apart at the seams!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2790064)   #25
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Oh yes, I am always serious (I am not very funny).

Anyway, FPR has had 100% more 1-2 finishes this year than DJR.

100% more 1-2 grid starts too, more top ten finishes; do I need to go on?