Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2790184)   #26
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Oh yes, I am always serious (I am not very funny).

Anyway, FPR has had 100% more 1-2 finishes this year than DJR.

100% more 1-2 grid starts too, more top ten finishes; do I need to go on?
No, the results paint the picture.

'1st and 12th' beat a '3rd and 17th' any day of the week (and if you want to be pedantic, add up the numbers for all 3 cars, DJR is still outperforming the FACTORY team)

The 'dollars' should go to a team who wins championship (or places highest if its a 'holden' team)
Old 21 Nov 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2793776)   #27
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I hear someone in the commentary say that there was an "out of character" moment for FPR today when they dropped Steven Richards car without the front wheels being on ???

Sounded like the norm for these guys
Old 21 Nov 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2793786)   #28
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like 888 need the changes now. How hard can it be to put the correct amount of fuel in the car?

The changes at FPR have worked. Admittedly Steve Richard's pitstop was a bit of a '888 moment', but apart from that it was a great weekend for the team, again.

Oh, life is good!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2794139)   #29
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
No response to my post a while ago mr FPR's number 1 fan?
Or are we in agree-ance the dollars should go to the team who performs the best over the whole year (and at this stage, thats DJR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
No, the results paint the picture.

'1st and 12th' beat a '3rd and 17th' any day of the week (and if you want to be pedantic, add up the numbers for all 3 cars, DJR is still outperforming the FACTORY team)

The 'dollars' should go to a team who wins championship (or places highest if its a 'holden' team)
Old 22 Nov 2010, 08:38 (Ref:2794144)   #30
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
FPR look like they may be an awesome team in 2011 and finally fulfill their potential.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2794145)   #31
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
FPR look like they may be an awesome team in 2011 and finally fulfill their potential.
Lol'd.

V8 Supercars go better with 4 wheels on them.....
Its business as usual it seems.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2794153)   #32
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or are we in agree-ance the dollars should go to the team who performs the best over the whole year (and at this stage, thats DJR)
No, not at all. I didn't respond because there is enough DJR drama going on, and I didn't want to add to it.

The iconic Dick Johnson Racing team needs to survive and prosper so they can back-up the FPR juggernaut next year.

I want to see all Ford teams do well, not just one.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2794155)   #33
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why should they? if that where the case, HRT would be ****ed wouldn't they!

Both Ford and Holden pour the most money into the 'factory' team and that's the way it should be.

Its clear FPR have finally lifted their game with CLittle onboard and even to the layman, they will be a force next year.

I don't know weather your just out for a **** stir or being serious with most of your postings mate, i'd like to believe its the former...
Old 22 Nov 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2794156)   #34
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Lol'd.

V8 Supercars go better with 4 wheels on them.....
Its business as usual it seems.
At least FPR know how to put the proper amount of fuel in the car...
Old 24 Nov 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2794998)   #35
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The iconic Dick Johnson Racing team needs to survive and prosper so they can back-up the FPR juggernaut next year
I'm sure without a wasted #6 car they will do better, but as it sits atm, DJR are still performing better (and thats with one of their seats wasted too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
Why should they? if that where the case, HRT would be ****ed wouldn't they!

Both Ford and Holden pour the most money into the 'factory' team and that's the way it should be.

Its clear FPR have finally lifted their game with CLittle onboard and even to the layman, they will be a force next year.

I don't know weather your just out for a **** stir or being serious with most of your postings mate, i'd like to believe its the former...
Were talking ford dollars. Bringing up HRT, they aren't the force they were 10 years ago and i rank them the same as i do FPR, a failed team in terms of where they SHOULD be with the dollars being thrown at them.

I'm dead serious. I just speak my mind, which means i speak the truth. Some people cant handle the truth, and in this threads case, its FPVs lack of performance. Compare them to T8 who are a newer team, and didn't have the same factory backing, and the results paint a pretty obvious picture.

Quote:
At least FPR know how to put the proper amount of fuel in the car...
I'm not a T8 fan, so not sure if thats meant to offend me. All it does is prove that they are infact human. But i'm sure for a fan not aligned with a brand who wants to choose a team, they'll choose the team that makes a rare mistake, over the team that has a rare burst of speed with hundreds of mistakes.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2795001)   #36
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm dead serious. I just speak my mind, which means i speak the truth. Some people cant handle the truth,
Probably should rephrase that to be "the truth as I see it" Stealthy.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2795007)   #37
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To me, FPR has been the Toyota F1 team of V8 Supercars, they have thrown tonnes of money and while they have had flashes of brillance, it's been too far and in between, looking like they have nothing special about them.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2795079)   #38
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
To me, FPR has been the Toyota F1 team of V8 Supercars, they have thrown tonnes of money and while they have had flashes of brillance, it's been too far and in between, looking like they have nothing special about them.
I must be losing my memory.

I don't remember Toyota having multiple pole positions and multiple wins.

I don't remember their drivers regularly finishing in the top five in the drivers championship, if not top three.

I need to see my doctor, if only I could remember his name...
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2795088)   #39
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Compare them to T8 who are a newer team, and didn't have the same factory backing, and the results paint a pretty obvious picture.
Roland Dane has been managing relatively small budget sedan teams for many years, unlike Tim Edwards, so nothing 'newer' there.

Apart from one year, 888 has had a significant factory backing AND big dollar sponsors.

FPR would not appear to have had the same level of non-factory commercial support as 888, in recent times at least. Blank panels and last-minute deals would be testimony to that. I have read that Tim Edwards says there are better funded teams in pit lane.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2795489)   #40
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure without a wasted #6 car they will do better, but as it sits atm, DJR are still performing better (and thats with one of their seats wasted too)

Were talking ford dollars. Bringing up HRT, they aren't the force they were 10 years ago and i rank them the same as i do FPR, a failed team in terms of where they SHOULD be with the dollars being thrown at them.

I'm dead serious. I just speak my mind, which means i speak the truth. Some people cant handle the truth, and in this threads case, its FPVs lack of performance. Compare them to T8 who are a newer team, and didn't have the same factory backing, and the results paint a pretty obvious picture.
Speaking YOUR mind does not equate to necessarily speaking the truth, your just giving your opinion just like me.

I'd suggest DJR/JC performed consistently better than FPR over the entire season, however since Little has taken control, FPR cars are at least on par with the DJR cars.
Will be interesting to see if JC runs a full FPR car next year, probably not given the cost/time etc and COTF looming but it may make sense to run the DJR/888 hybrid with FPR engines and suspension components.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 05:55 (Ref:2795494)   #41
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
it may make sense to run the DJR/888 hybrid with FPR engines and suspension components.
would have thought they could flip a coin, DJR engines seem as good as FPR's at least half the time...
Old 26 Nov 2010, 02:42 (Ref:2795890)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is An Ex-HRT boffin the Answer?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2795894)   #43
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee did Matt Nilsson get the ****s so much when he was instructed to change drivers for his engineering services at HRT, to the point where he decided to bugger off when an opportunity presented itself?

Also, if there is the possibility of 4 drivers at Ford Australia Racing Team, who could they realistically be (bearing mind driver salaries, team budget caps, sponsors etc...)

- #5 Frosty
- #6 Little Willy
- #55 Marathon Man

Who else? Could they afford another top salaried driver like courtney? If not, who else? We know it wont be BPB...

Last edited by Woolley; 26 Nov 2010 at 13:09. Reason: autocensor is there for a reason.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 03:31 (Ref:2795896)   #44
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F.J the strong link has been JC in a pepsi backed car, using the no 18 franchise used to pay out charlies half of the team

It was in enerws two weeks ago, but has not been confirmed
Old 26 Nov 2010, 03:35 (Ref:2795899)   #45
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the unconfirmed bit that I struggle with, as this is called the Silly Season for a reason.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2795907)   #46
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Also, if there is the possibility of 4 drivers at Ford Australia Racing Team, who could they realistically be (bearing mind driver salaries, team budget caps, sponsors etc...)

- #5 Frosty
- #6 Little Willy
- #55 Marathon Man

Who else? Could they afford another top salaried driver like courtney? If not, who else? We know it wont be BPB...
Moff Jnr?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2795908)   #47
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fj finally someone else who hasnt been swept away in the supposed jc to fpr news....... what about dean fiore ? he doesnt technically have a base ! he has 4 permanent staff therefore a need for fpr to recruit mechanics and what not. its going to be a customer and they have to bring some money
Old 26 Nov 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2796060)   #48
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I just speak my mind, which means i speak the truth.
A touch egotistical, if I may say so. I speak my mind too, which means I speak what I believe to be the truth. I also acknowledge that other people have different opinions and time or additional information may prove me wrong. And so I make allowances for that when posting by trying to be nice to people. Saves a lot of crowing and name calling along the way.

If what you say is the truth at all times, not a lot of point in the rest of us joining in the discussion. We may as well just appoint you God and close the thread.

That applies to a few regular posters, STEALTHY just happens to be the person who made the announcement.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2796199)   #49
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
A touch egotistical
A touch?

Understatement of the year Woolley!
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2796223)   #50
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like I said, I try to be nice.